PDA

View Full Version : Best place to have Dental work done.

Type_S1
08-25-2010, 08:10 AM
Hey Beyond,

Sooo looks like I need a crown on my tooth had it chipped and I know my dentist right now charges way to much for it. Was wondering where the best place to get this done would be?

Thanks

got_mike33
08-25-2010, 09:27 AM
I'd recommend Dr. Dubienski in Westbrook Mall. Great guy and all his staff are really nice, I don't know about the prices though.

ExtraSlow
08-25-2010, 09:34 AM
Crescent heights dental, they aren't cheap. Although, not sure I'd really want to make my choice of dentist based on price . .. . .

Feruk
08-25-2010, 10:00 AM
Feruk dental, run out of my basement. We only charge $50, but can't guarantee the work as we've never done dental work before.

I usually use Dr. Jolbert up in Market Mall. Pretty good but pricy.

thecitizen
08-25-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Type_S1
Hey Beyond,

Sooo looks like I need a crown on my tooth had it chipped and I know my dentist right now charges way to much for it. Was wondering where the best place to get this done would be?

Thanks

Are you sure this is something you want to cheap out on? I don't know about you, but when it comes to health care, I try to seek out the best (and usually most expensive). :dunno:

Originally posted by Feruk
Feruk dental, run out of my basement. We only charge $50, but can't guarantee the work as we've never done dental work before.

I usually use Dr. Jolbert up in Market Mall. Pretty good but pricy.

Bwhjahahajajaa

Gurpy
08-25-2010, 10:35 PM
I'm probably going to get some done in Mexico. A friend just got some done in Thailand, dad always goes to India to get his done. I broke a few teeth back in March, and the 20 grand they want to fix those/extract wisdom teeth is just completely ridiculous. I'd never cheap out on important health care, but when you can get the same job done for 1/10th of the price it's an easy decision.

maxomilll
08-25-2010, 10:39 PM
Come to my garage I'll do it for 3 bucks and Mc Donald's.

indiana
09-03-2010, 06:46 PM
the dentists in Alberta did away with the provincial fee guide in 1999...so the fees are not set..they are different at each dental clinic

I do know that dental hygienists can now open their own clinics- and their fees are lower for cleanings, and they can have digital xrays too...so even better if you need xrays taken because they are expensive too..

you can do a search for hygiene clinics in Calgary - there are now several, like provinces Ontario

Mar
09-03-2010, 07:06 PM
I asked the same last year and the consensus here was to go to Jaffer at Saddleridge Dental. I went there and it was amazing. There's a television in the ceiling playing Planet Earth and he gave me some head phones to listen to it while filling some cavities.

Type_S1
09-04-2010, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by thecitizen

Are you sure this is something you want to cheap out on? I don't know about you, but when it comes to health care, I try to seek out the best (and usually most expensive). :dunno:

Bwhjahahajajaa

The most expensive? I called 10 different dental clinics and everyone had a different price for a crown, a root canal, and a filling. To be honest my dentist is good but charges on average $200 more then almost everywhere else I called for a crown. Also could not get in for 3 weeks. Dentist's IMO are over paid like crazy for what they charge, clean my teeth and charge $200. I have dental coverage but for crowns still pay 20-30%. The dentist I ended up going to I think did a better job then the first crown I had from my main dentist and it was about $100 less for me.

:dunno: worth looking around for $100.

LUDELVR
09-04-2010, 09:59 AM
I'd go to Archie (he's a member on here - B18C) at concept dentistry. he's also a good friend, an awesome guy and an even better dentist.

He crowned my back tooth when I didn't listen to him, and he did an amazing job! Also fixed the other back tooth by filling it in and saved me literally thousands of dollars for now! Ultimately, I'll need to crown it but for now it's working like a charm!

Here's his numer, I totally recommend him and suggest you give him a ring before you go anywhere else!

403 248 0301

When you talk to him just say you're from Beyond or that you were recommended by one of the members.

:thumbsup:

scary_perry
09-04-2010, 10:04 AM
I like Dr. Brian Sachs at 10665 Southport Road.

He is the dentist for the Calgary Roughnecks, so I bet he has capped a tooth or two.

crayola
09-19-2010, 05:28 PM
Dr Roycroft, southport building.
He also had another guy that works for him, Dr Kim!
GREAT WORK.

max_boost
09-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
I'd go to Archie (he's a member on here - B18C) at concept dentistry. he's also a good friend, an awesome guy and an even better dentist.

He crowned my back tooth when I didn't listen to him, and he did an amazing job! Also fixed the other back tooth by filling it in and saved me literally thousands of dollars for now! Ultimately, I'll need to crown it but for now it's working like a charm!

Here's his numer, I totally recommend him and suggest you give him a ring before you go anywhere else!

403 248 0301

When you talk to him just say you're from Beyond or that you were recommended by one of the members.

:thumbsup:

Ya Dr. Tang FTW! :thumbsup: