PDA

View Full Version : Where can I find taber corn in the NW

desipwr
08-26-2010, 07:51 AM
So I tried looking for taber corn yesterday and couldn't find any stalls anywhere
Does anyone know of any confirmed places that are selling it in the NW

Jonel
08-26-2010, 08:25 AM
There's a stall that's usually setup at the Beddington Safeway, they're usually positioned near the Pig & Whistle Pub.

Kritafo
08-26-2010, 08:28 AM
I bought some Monday in the Canadian Tire parking lot in Beacon Hill I am going up to Costco today I will let you know if it's still there.

desipwr
08-26-2010, 08:30 AM
The one in canadain tire parking lot wasn't "taber" corn though

n1zm0
08-26-2010, 08:48 AM
i heard the crop is later than usual this year according to the radio

thepyrofish
08-26-2010, 09:41 AM
The stalls just started going up in Lethbridge and Taber yesterday. Calgary can't be too far behind.

Kritafo
08-26-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by desipwr
The one in canadain tire parking lot wasn't "taber" corn though

my mistake if it's not...it's not like Taber corn is the best anyway.

speedog
08-26-2010, 10:53 AM
So very true, Kritafo, had some wonderful corn from the Brooks area last summer that was good as any Taber corn we've had.

JAYMEZ
08-26-2010, 12:58 PM
Just watched the news at Lunch , I guess the crops grew very late in the season , they are just shipping Taber Corn today..

Anyone know some spots?

speedog
08-26-2010, 01:12 PM
So I gots to ask seeing as I grew up in southern Alberta farming country between Lethbridge and Medicine Hat - where does a farm have to be to be considered as growing Taber corn? If your corn growing farm is closer to Fincastle or Barnwell, can it be marketed as Taber corn? And would anyone really know the difference. Lots of great eating corn is now grown in the Brooks area, the Picture Butte area and even around Bow Island and Medicine Hat. Maybe the public is just blind to the corn that's out there that's just as good if not better than Taber corn. Suckers we are sometimes.

thecitizen
08-26-2010, 08:16 PM
mmm... corn....

thepyrofish
08-27-2010, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by speedog
So I gots to ask seeing as I grew up in southern Alberta farming country between Lethbridge and Medicine Hat - where does a farm have to be to be considered as growing Taber corn? If your corn growing farm is closer to Fincastle or Barnwell, can it be marketed as Taber corn? And would anyone really know the difference. Lots of great eating corn is now grown in the Brooks area, the Picture Butte area and even around Bow Island and Medicine Hat. Maybe the public is just blind to the corn that's out there that's just as good if not better than Taber corn. Suckers we are sometimes.
I'm from Taber and I believe any farm in the MD of Taber can call it that. Obviously nobody is growing it within the town itself so that makes sense to me. It's a little silly really, as it's not the name of the town that makes the corn good. It's the soil/whatever else that does it. Good growing conditions don't stop at some arbitrary invisible line where the MD becomes county of Lethbridge. I think any corn grown in southern Alberta would be just as good.

chathamf
08-29-2010, 10:07 AM
They always setup at the Co-op/Canadian Tire parking lot in Dalhousie. I drive by there a few times a day, so I'll let you guys know when it arrives.

Jonel
08-29-2010, 11:46 AM
Just got back from the beddington safeway no more than 10 minutes ago and he's there. Grabbed myself 2 bags. He's selling it a dozen for $8 or half a dozen for $5. He said he's there until wednesday.

teggs1919
08-29-2010, 11:48 AM
i Seen to places just yesterday 1 near the petsmart across from chinooks centres. and the other on macloud and herhitage dr.

chathamf
08-29-2010, 12:45 PM
Taber corn now available in the parking lot by the Dalhousie Crappy Tire.

Pinner
08-30-2010, 03:11 PM
You can buy it the grocery stores too, it has to be kept somewhat cool for the best quality. (Not a problem down there this year)

1/2 that price at the store.