PDA

View Full Version : Cracked Manifold from XS-Power

Civicnati0n
08-26-2010, 04:14 PM
I have a DSM flanged stainless steel manifold on my civic from xs-power.com. It says on their website for this product "Lifetime Warranty against Defects, Cracks" and also "These Manifolds are 2.7 MM Thick - they will NOT CRACK"
I have only been running this manifold since around June, it has a pretty huge crack on one of the runners that is leaking hard. Also two of the little metal support beams have disappeared. I have emailed them about the liftetime warranty with no reply so far.
I'm guessing there's not much I can do if they don't reply? Also is there a product to fix these cracks? I've heard of muffler cement or something?
This is the product I have:
http://www.xs-power.com/acura-honda-turbo-manifolds-9.htm

gpomp
08-26-2010, 04:35 PM
it's no big secret that these have a 100% chance of cracking...

Modelexis
08-26-2010, 04:37 PM
Next time google their company name and find out about the 2000 other people that have had their manifold crack.

You get what you pay for brother!
I lol every time I hear of someone like you that keeps ramming money into this company and keeps the company alive.

The only reason this company is still in business and is making lots of money is because people are lazy and think they can save money on crucial parts that need to handle temps of 700degrees+

These manifolds should come with a welder.

Sentry
08-26-2010, 04:41 PM
Next time go cast.

Even brand name tubular manis can crack from the combined forces of 4 cyl vibrations and a heavy turbo hanging off it.

Only really need a tubular mani for a balls out race setup where you're making SERIOUS power..

HHURICANE1
08-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Muffler cement will not work. It's for mufflers, not manifolds. Welding is the only fix but you would be better off throwing it out and getting a better cast manifold.

dj_rice
08-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
Next time google their company name and find out about the 2000 other people that have had their manifold crack.

I lol every time I hear of someone like you that keeps ramming money into this company and keeps the company alive.

The only reason this company is still in business and is making lots of money is because people are lazy and think they can save money on crucial parts that need to handle temps of 700degrees+

I had a SSAutoChrome turbo mani installed on my old 240sx, I had it for 2 years, held up fine, and the new owners, its still running good 7 years later but then again it only had a tiny T25 bolted to it so....so its hit and miss

B20EF
08-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Don't you know the old saying:

Q. "How do I know if my parts are xs power?"

A. "They're broken"

Twin_Cam_Turbo
08-26-2010, 05:36 PM
^lol

msommers
08-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Weren't they an eBay brand name? I remember hearing of turbo kits shtting the bed constantly from them. Yet people don't learn that a turbo upgrade isn't cheap!

Sentry
08-26-2010, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
I had a SSAutoChrome turbo mani installed on my old 240sx, I had it for 2 years, held up fine, and the new owners, its still running good 7 years later but then again it only had a tiny T25 bolted to it so....so its hit and miss
That's what I was getting at by saying even the brand name manifolds can crack under those conditions.

m10-power
08-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Could be the tune cracking it as well, know what egts your running?

SS grows so almost always gonna crack, cast ftw

Civicnati0n
08-26-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by m10-power
Could be the tune cracking it as well, know what egts your running?

SS grows so almost always gonna crack, cast ftw

Exhaust gas temp? No idea, the car has a fresh tune on it.
It's times like this I really fuckin regret selling my cast iron HF manifold with the adapter plate. Shitty thing is if I go back to that manifold, the downpipe and charge piping will need to be cut/extended, so it's almost easier to get it welded?
If anyone has or knows where to find one of those HF manifolds and an adapter plate it would be helpful.
Thanks everyone

962 kid
08-26-2010, 10:12 PM
http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=EMFPRace&Category_Code=DSM-Exhaust

game set match

gpomp
08-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid
http://store.forcedperformance.net/merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=FP&Product_Code=EMFPRace&Category_Code=DSM-Exhaust

game set match how's that going to fit on a honda?

962 kid
08-26-2010, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by gpomp
how's that going to fit on a honda?

My bad :dunno: saw the manifold was DSM flanged and I assumed he had redrilled a DSM manifold to fit his head.

dj_rice
08-26-2010, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by 962 kid

My bad :dunno: saw the manifold was DSM flanged and I assumed he had redrilled a DSM manifold to fit his head.

Game set FAIL :rofl:

TurboMedic
08-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis

But they're "SUPER SHINY" :rofl: