PDA

View Full Version : 9/11 didn't teach some Americans about humility

Kennyredline
08-26-2010, 05:43 PM
I find this attitude pretty sad, coming from an American Airlines pilot; you'd think they'd be a little nicer to Canadians considering how much we helped them through 9/11 when their planes were being hijacked and flown into their landmarks....:dunno:

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100826/CGY_pilot_comment_100826/20100826/?hub=CalgaryHome

Modelexis
08-26-2010, 05:58 PM
I don't see how this relates to 9/11 or humility, but rather some mis-information given by a pilot.

CUG
08-26-2010, 07:36 PM
I don't see the relevance to 9/11, but ignorant as shit about the pilot.

On top of that, I'm positive the pilot knew why the smoke was there. They kinda have to know, fucking roaches.

Jlude
08-26-2010, 08:07 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: What does this have to do with 9/11? On another note.... I just booked a flight for 9/11 (It was a seat sale)

ZenOps
08-26-2010, 10:05 PM
There *is* a lot of smoke coming out of Ft Mcmurray. It just happens to float mostly over uninhabited Northern Saskatchewan.

You can't burn natural gas at a 1 barrel of oil for every 2 barrels of oil extraction level, and a few million barrels without having an awful lot of carbon emissions.

An airplane pilot at 60,000 feet could easily hit a pocket of it if he is doing an alaska or over the pole flight. It would probably be just like flying through rainclouds, in that it can totally black out vision over the horizon (just a guess, but probably a valid one)

Still, I imagine its no different than trying to land on a bad smog day at LAX, when the sky turns from orange to red.

broken_legs
08-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by Modelexis
I don't see how this relates to 9/11 or humility, but rather some mis-information given by a pilot.

Super_Geo
08-26-2010, 11:01 PM
It is immensely ironic that this comment came from an airplane pilot... you know, the guy who works in a industry that lives and dies on the price of oil and is responsible for approximately 2% of total global CO2 emissions... :rolleyes:

NuclearPizzaMan
08-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps
There *is* a lot of smoke coming out of Ft Mcmurray. It just happens to float mostly over uninhabited Northern Saskatchewan.

You can't burn natural gas at a 1 barrel of oil for every 2 barrels of oil extraction level, and a few million barrels without having an awful lot of carbon emissions.

An airplane pilot at 60,000 feet could easily hit a pocket of it if he is doing an alaska or over the pole flight. It would probably be just like flying through rainclouds, in that it can totally black out vision over the horizon (just a guess, but probably a valid one)

Still, I imagine its no different than trying to land on a bad smog day at LAX, when the sky turns from orange to red.

This is pretty accurate. Evil carbon condenses in the upper atmosphere into blobs, and airliners flying 20000ft higher than their maximum cruising altitude often have difficulty with them. Carbon blobs are also another reason why the moon landing is fake. The idea that a space craft can penetrate a carbon blob is ludicrous.

AndyL
08-27-2010, 11:19 AM
CNG is clean burning remember - O2 / h2o emissions - little/no carbon emissions.

Or at least thats what they claim to try to get you to convert your car to CNG...

Sugarphreak
08-27-2010, 11:19 AM

ipeefreely
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM

ZenOps said it, it must be true!!! :nut:

NuclearPizzaMan best name ever! :rofl:

ZEDGE
08-27-2010, 03:25 PM

An airplane pilot at 60,000 feet could easily hit a pocket of it if he is doing an alaska or over the pole flight. It would probably be just like flying through rainclouds, in that it can totally black out vision over the horizon (just a guess, but probably a valid q)

What relevance does the smoke over ft mcmurray (700km from here) have to do with a pilot landing in calgary? The smoke over calgary was from forest fires in bc. The pilot had no business making a stupid remark like that. What an ignorant asshole.

thetransporter
08-27-2010, 11:13 PM
what does that have to do with a 9/11 that happened almost 10 years ago?

so what he said smoke from the oilsands, its a joke people shouldnt be offended.

that sense of humor rules.

Tram Common
08-28-2010, 04:07 AM
It has nothing to do with 9/11 other than the fact the OP is a fucking idiot.