PDA

View Full Version : helmet sizing

swak
08-27-2010, 05:52 PM
I am in the market for a helmet, and have found some sick deals online and was wondering how the diff. sizes fit for you?

I wear a 7 1/2 ball cap, and that equates to a 'L' helmet, but would you recommend going for a little smaller helmet, or how would you work that?

turbotrip
08-27-2010, 06:06 PM
definitely go into a local shop and try on the exact helmet you want to buy, and buy the absolute smallest size your head can fit into

Cos
08-27-2010, 06:21 PM
try on the EXACT helmet you are going to buy.

I was a large RF1000 and a medium RF1100. Go figure Shoei uses a new shell technology that fits different. Imagine the difference between makers.

Go4Long
08-27-2010, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip
definitely go into a local shop and try on the exact helmet you want to buy, and buy the absolute smallest size your head can fit into

^:werd:

I don't know about the smallest size you can fit your head into part though...basically you want a helmet that if you grab the chin guard portion you can't move the helmet without moving your head with it. I can fit my head in to some pretty small helmets, they're just not very comfortable.

Once you find a helmet that fits right in the afformentioned method, wear it around the shop for as long as you can before they start to look at you funny, make sure you don't start to get any sore spots.

Then order the helmet online in that size :-P saying, I think I should be a large is a useless piece of information because every single helmet fits differently, even different helmets from the same manufacturer can often fit quite differently.

SpeedIllusion
08-27-2010, 07:34 PM
Also, keep in mind while you're riding it's going to get sweaty in the helmet, making it loose and unsafe. Buy a helmet that squeezes your cheeks very firmly.