PDA

View Full Version : New phone for my wife..

eblend
08-27-2010, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,

My wife wants a new phone since her current moto razr pink is about to shit the bead. I want to get her a new unlocked phone, preferabelly with 3G so that she could use it in Japan as well. Currently we are on Rogers so has to work with that (on both bands). Main thing is, it should not be a fancy smart phone, just a dumb phone with a camera. I don't know what is all out there, so I am looking for peoples advice. Does anyone know of any phones, either flip or sliders, that have this capabilities, and are somewhat cute for a girl? My wife likes the butterflies, I found this so far but not sure what else may be out there, or if this phone even does what I want. Haven't found a place where to buy this one yet though..

http://new-cell-phone.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/sony-ericsson-t303-pink-butterfly.jpg

aznremixed94
08-27-2010, 10:16 PM
Maybe take a look at the LG shine, there probably will do what you need it for it, it does also come in Pink for your wife.

K3RMiTdot
08-28-2010, 02:33 AM
ebay? maybe??

l/l/rX
08-28-2010, 03:52 AM
elbend: word of advice...DO NOT BUY THIS PHONE. its such a piece of shit. Fido sells it, er use to sell it. YOU DO NOT want this phone at all. There are soo many problems with this phone. A main one is the reflective mirror screen it has, you can't see shit when its bright outside/ outside during the day time, the reception on this thing is BRUTAL, you lose out on reception soo easily. ie) i tested it out by bringing it to the whiskey with me one night, the whole night inside i had no reception, only when i went out for a smoke. EVERY phone has reception inside of whiskey.

This phone also has really bad text messaging issues (not due to reception but something else). This phone is all around bad and a waste of money. But if you do choose to get this, fido was selling it at $100 buy out price, so dont pay anymore than $100.

Best idea would be to just stay away from this POS.

edit: oh and the keypad on this thing, it is absolutely brutal to text on, cuz its soo small, you mash letters together that you dont want. it is the biggest pain in the ass to t9 with. get a phone that has spaced out keys, easier to text on...trust me. Look into the sony ericsson t715a it comes in pink but without the designs on the back. $200 retail buy out price.

edit #2: also check out www.gsmarena.com has all the gsm phones in the world, with consumer reviews.

eblend
08-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the advice. I checked out the sony ericsson t715a and it does look like it will do everything I need since it supports 3G, yet is simple for the wife.

Can the Fido version be unlocked? I assume it works with Rogers from the get go, but I want it to be able to work in Japan with a softbank card, so it has to be unlocked.

l/l/rX
08-28-2010, 12:02 PM
i heard that these phones are really hard to unlock for some reason, because there's like 4 different codes for the phone or something? I dont really know but google it and you should be able to find what im talking about.