PDA

View Full Version : shaving question for the guys

Zoom_Zoom
12-23-2003, 02:38 PM
when i shave, i usually find my face caked with blood. Does this happen to anyone else? the razors only been used like 2 times before. Does this happen to anyone else? Dull blades or sensitive skin?

JohnnyBlaze
12-23-2003, 02:39 PM
use mach3

fast_cars
12-23-2003, 02:41 PM
^^ mach 3 turbo is the best!!
it could be sensitive skin as well as dull blades!!
dont press the razor too hard against the skin!!

AquamosH
12-23-2003, 02:42 PM
Doesn't happen to me; you probably just have sensitive skin. Try using Mach 3 Turbo, it has extra lubrication on the strips or something like that. That's my preffered razor :D .

Ben
12-23-2003, 02:42 PM
I've never cut myself shaving and I use a Sensor Excel. Are you pressing too hard?

spike98
12-23-2003, 02:49 PM
Mach 3 is the stuff!

Isn't someone coming out with a 4 blade. I think it is called the qauttro or something.

davidI
12-23-2003, 03:01 PM
^ Shick Quattro. Personally I use a Mach 3 Turbo with some foaming gel shaving cream and Nivea After-Shave Balm. Makes my skin feel awesome :D

EK 2.0
12-23-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by spike98
Mach 3 is the stuff!

Isn't someone coming out with a 4 blade. I think it is called the qauttro or something.

Thats the one to use...and I use a foaming gel...with an after coat of Oil of Olay...and dont laugh guys, but my cheeks are babyface even after 8 years of shaving...

And when you do shave dont press...glide the razor aling your skin...let the razor do all the work man...

"Don't press...caress...":bigpimp:

Blacura
12-23-2003, 03:05 PM
I have a shick xtreme3 right now, I like the mach3 better though. What kind of lotion or cream do you use? I only cut myself when I do something stupid like slide it across my face by accident :eek: Maybe look at getting an electric one?

5.9 R/T
12-23-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Ben
I've never cut myself shaving and I use a Sensor Excel. Are you pressing too hard?

:werd: I've had that same shaver for 5 years now and very very rarely cut myself.

Zoom_Zoom
12-23-2003, 03:25 PM
Originally posted by Blacura
I have a shick xtreme3 right now, I like the mach3 better though. What kind of lotion or cream do you use? I only cut myself when I do something stupid like slide it across my face by accident :eek: Maybe look at getting an electric one?

I got one but it doesn't work as good. Mach 3 Turbo's work wonders. I ran out of blades for that so I'm using disposeable ones right now haha. I guess I am pressing too hard otherwise it won't take nothing off! time to go buy blades for the Mach 3

DUBBED
12-23-2003, 03:38 PM
i just use the long hair trimmer on my electrical to shave... leaves a nice clean 5:00 shadow... I used to get CRAZY razor burn so i just gave up!! Chicks dig the rugged look anyway!!

fast_cars
12-23-2003, 03:41 PM
^^ LOL

Seanith
12-23-2003, 03:45 PM
i cut my self like no other if i try to shave "upwards". I don't do that shit no more though.. that was with a mach 3 turbo too

Khyron
12-23-2003, 03:48 PM
Yah if you shave against the grain you will pull hairs out unless that blade is brand new.

Khyron

Zoom_Zoom
12-23-2003, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by ~$eanith~
i cut my self like no other if i try to shave "upwards". I don't do that shit no more though.. that was with a mach 3 turbo too

ouch shaving against the grain

rc2002
12-23-2003, 03:50 PM
Buy an electric razor. I think it's actually cheaper in the long run and it's more convenient too. I find that mine works just as well as a non-electric razor.

Bruce Chan
12-23-2003, 04:11 PM
i think you can try wash you face with warm water before you shave because the warm water can make the skin hole more open, put on the cream and shave slowly. when you shave, only one ways to move , dont change the direction , one by one. such as from left to right , dont change suddently to up or down, otherwise, it will cut your skin.

Seanith
12-23-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Zoom_Zoom

yeah apparently some ppl do it so i tried it out? :dunno:
definitely won't do that again my face was FUCKED after that :(

mwmhong
12-23-2003, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Buy an electric razor. I think it's actually cheaper in the long run and it's more convenient too. I find that mine works just as well as a non-electric razor.

Electrics are good for touch-ups during the day (eg. after work, bathroom break) or in case of emergency (late for work, can't find Mach 3). Razors are better because they cut closer and help exfoliate the skin. It takes more time, but it is worth it. :thumbsup:

My favourite way to shave is to put the shaving gel on during showering after washing hair and face so it gives it more time to soak in and softens up the skin and hairs more. You can get real fancy and use pre-shave oil and an expensive badger hair brush to apply the gel/foam/soap. :nut:

I read somewhere that Gillette was sueing Schick for ripping off one of it's patents (blade geometry) when it was coming out with the Schick Quattro 4-blader.

/////AMG
12-23-2003, 05:20 PM

:dunno: It doesn't hurt, skin is a lot smoother aswell.

sandman
12-23-2003, 06:25 PM
yea same, shave right after u shower, makes it a lot easier, not suyre y

tegdream
12-23-2003, 06:37 PM
its cuz it makes everything softer!

anyways, i only shave against the grain! otherwise it doesnt look like i shaved even , thanks to the upward business i can only shave once a week though other wise bleed to hell!!

YCB
12-23-2003, 06:42 PM
i shave once every 2 months.. i got a mach 3 turbo.. its ognna last me for 2 years or more. hah

88CRX
12-23-2003, 07:17 PM
so does anyone shave against the grain? i have a couple times, and it leaves the closest shave but it usually ends up bleeding and itching and shit :thumbsdow

btw mach 3 turbo :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Ajay
12-23-2003, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944

:dunno: It doesn't hurt, skin is a lot smoother aswell.

I agree....I always shave against the grain. Gives a nice smoother clean shave and it doesn't hurt one single bit.

Mach 3 all the way!

Davetronz
12-23-2003, 07:33 PM
I go against the grain every day.

I have always had razor burn on my neck as a result of shaving but the rest of my face is always ok.

I have tried numerous electrics and many razors and the Mach series is the best.

Khyron
12-23-2003, 08:08 PM
Well apparently I'm weird as I shave IN the shower. And yah, I go with the grain first then against. Hardly any burn except sometimes neck. Mach3 here too.

Khyron

Weapon_R
12-23-2003, 08:20 PM
Just make sure your razor is always sharp and you shouldn't cut yourself - I don't think i've ever cut myself shaving. Take your time, don't press hard, and use a cream that's meant for sensitive skin (Like Gillete for sensitive skin) :D

Davetronz
12-23-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Well apparently I'm weird as I shave IN the shower. And yah, I go with the grain first then against. Hardly any burn except sometimes neck. Mach3 here too.

Khyron
meh, all depends, i will do this too if its cold outside/in the hizzouse...

GTS Jeff
12-23-2003, 11:43 PM
haha i shave against the grain with only water and i never cut myself.

KoukiS14
12-23-2003, 11:49 PM
when i shave, i usually find my face caked with blood. Does this happen to anyone else? the razors only been used like 2 times before. Does this happen to anyone else? Dull blades or sensitive skin?

Didn't your dad teach you anything? :D

thich
12-23-2003, 11:57 PM
i shave against the grain as well

stupid question: how do you get more even facial hair? being an asian, it's tough enough that we don't have a lot to begin with, but i think i got some french blood in me and I got some mad facial hair (for an asian)... just need more even growth tho.. plus i want a goatee :D
do i just shave more?

Redlyne_mr2
12-24-2003, 12:05 AM
The mach's are nice for about a week then theyre useless, I hate how theyre so expensive as well. Who wants to waste 20 bucks on a pack or blades, better off getting an electric one. The wors is ingrown hairs, whever I use I dull blade I end up with 1 or 2

fast_cars
12-24-2003, 12:11 AM
i shave against the grain only on my neck part!!
no burns or rashes or cuts or anything here!!
MACH blades here as well!

maximus
12-24-2003, 12:33 AM
I have to shave against the grain after I finish a pass with the grain. If I don't it looks like I havn't shaved at all. Damn European genes! Never once have I had problems with razor burn or ingrowns. Only time I had problems was with electric.

And I find electric takes longer for me than regular razor :dunno: Thats part of the reason why I switched. Electric just wasn't cutting it.....

inawiJ
12-24-2003, 12:37 AM
use mach 3 turbo it has an extra lubricated strip works well for me

redline_13000
12-24-2003, 03:47 AM
Mach 3 is pimp, i wanna get that new red one anyone remember what its called, was on a commercial:bigpimp:

Gotrek
12-24-2003, 07:35 AM
I use a mach3 as well with mach3 turbo blades, shave with the grain first, then again against the grain if I feel I need it.

for quicky jobs I use my electric using Williams Lectric shave gel it cuts as close as using the by hand method. That Gel is awesome I highly reccomend it.

sputnik
12-24-2003, 07:58 AM
since i basically have to shave daily regardless of whether i wet shave or electric... i just use an electric shaver. its easier and cheaper in the long run.

get a Braun shaver with the foil (not the circular blades) i find they shave much closer. its also nice to be able to shave when im half asleep and not have to worry about killing myself.

AquamosH
12-24-2003, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by redline_13000
Mach 3 is pimp, i wanna get that new red one anyone remember what its called, was on a commercial:bigpimp:

I think that's the Mach 3 Turbo Champion.

Khyron
12-24-2003, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by AquamosH

I think that's the Mach 3 Turbo Champion.

Well I'm saving up for the Mach 4 Turbo Champion GT Nitro Type R Uber Elite Special Edition. It should be out soon.

Khyron

Seanith
12-24-2003, 04:14 PM

Well I'm saving up for the Mach 4 Turbo Champion GT Nitro Type R Uber Elite Special Edition. It should be out soon.

Khyron

I think its actually called the Mach 4 Turdpo Championship GT Nitro Type R Uber L337 Special Edition man..

redec
12-24-2003, 04:31 PM
heh....I don't believe so many people shave against the grain....I had tried that once, a really long time ago, and I needed a blood transfusion to replace all the blood I lost.....then the wonderful mach 3 turbo came out, boasting that you can shave any direction pain free....what a load of shit that is :P...I bled for 2 days :P

Sai
12-24-2003, 04:57 PM
rofl hardcore on ur shavers ^ ^

three.eighteen.
12-24-2003, 05:05 PM
here's a good question about razor wear:

i shave like once every 3 days, just the chin and top lip (chinese lol)...so compared to ppl w/ full facial hair how often should i change blades? cus i can shave with a 3 month old razor no problem

3G
12-24-2003, 06:19 PM
I can shave against the grain no problem. i got full facial hair and im only 17. i get a bit of rasor burn on my lips and ALOT on my neck. but :thumbsup: :thumbsup: for the MACH3 Turbo. if only those blades werent expensive. I bought an electric shaver, don't really like it. It needs a new blade like every week.

MK3HKS
12-26-2003, 10:22 PM
i shave against the grain and it dont hurt at all:D

mach 3 turbo owns:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
12-30-2003, 05:02 AM
i've never cut myself shaving?
ummm...just try shaving along the grain...and get a good shaver?

itsnotaDUB
12-30-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED
i just use the long hair trimmer on my electrical to shave... leaves a nice clean 5:00 shadow... I used to get CRAZY razor burn so i just gave up!! Chicks dig the rugged look anyway!!

LOL i hought i was the only oe who did that. must be a dubbers thing.... :dunno:

1badPT
12-30-2003, 11:24 AM
I got as far as you mentioning that you're using disposables, so sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but disposables are quite possibly the worst shaves on earth, especially if you are used to a Mach 3 - it has a spring loaded head while the disposables are rigid. You can drag a Mach 3 over your face pretty much any direction and you won't get so much as a snag, but a disposable is pretty much an early morning blood sport.

Mach 3's are my favourite but they don't fit in my shower shaver holder thingy, so now I use schick extreme 3 and they're a decent second choice.

3G
12-30-2003, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 1badPT
I got as far as you mentioning that you're using disposables, so sorry if someone has mentioned this already, but disposables are quite possibly the worst shaves on earth, especially if you are used to a Mach 3 - it has a spring loaded head while the disposables are rigid. You can drag a Mach 3 over your face pretty much any direction and you won't get so much as a snag, but a disposable is pretty much an early morning blood sport.

:werd: :werd: :barf: i hate disposeables :thumbsdow

jdmmavericktR
12-31-2003, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by DUBBED

this is what I'm talking about. Takes like ten seconds. Leaves less of a shadow on me cuz I'm 21 going on 16.

GTS Jeff
12-31-2003, 12:13 AM
why are women excluded from this thread? women can have beards too!

davidI
12-31-2003, 01:46 AM
Women Shouldn't Shave....2 words...

Brazilian Wax :)

LancerShelby
01-02-2004, 12:44 AM
What about shaving your balls:eek: Anyone have any suggestions? What about a brazilian wax for your boys:whipped: Ya know, the ol' lady like's the hair on your bools as much as you like the hair on her poosy:poosie: LOL

davidI
01-02-2004, 01:19 AM
haha, I have a road trip video we made where one kid gets drunk and goes into detail about shaving balls. It's pretty funny - 02'Bumpn'WRX would agree with that....but to sum it up, stretch 'em out and shave 'em clean!

MrX
01-02-2004, 01:38 AM
I've always shaved against the grain and always have had successful close shaves that way. One contribution that hasn't been mentioned so far is use those shaving can warmers!!!:thumbsup: :thumbsup: You know...those ones that you see on TV or at those kiosks (sp) at the mall. They are cheap and they work wonders!

Another problem which I think many people face is the perma shade of black or blue above the lip, or on your chin, even after shaving. Something that's worked for me over time is plucking the hairs off once in a while. It thins them out over time.

-250-
01-03-2004, 01:57 AM
I shave against the grain.

I shave with regular soap or just water, none of this "extra sensitive for my pamper baby skin".

RiceCake
01-03-2004, 02:42 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
why are women excluded from this thread? women can have beards too!

Bwahahaha... Mustache girls! :D

Davetronz
01-03-2004, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by RiceCake

Bwahahaha... Mustache girls! :D
*shudder*
There is this one "girl" that works at the Burger King in Crowfoot....

She has full fledged facial and neck hair, long and scraggly.
And she looks like she wears a 16" tire around her lower waist... aka GUNT....

Has anyone else seen this? Next time I go there I am going to request that she wears a beard net.

EK 2.0
01-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

*shudder*
There is this one "girl" that works at the Burger King in Crowfoot....

She has full fledged facial and neck hair, long and scraggly.
And she looks like she wears a 16" tire around her lower waist... aka GUNT....

Has anyone else seen this? Next time I go there I am going to request that she wears a beard net.

GUNT...I haven't heard that word in ages...

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Marsh
01-03-2004, 12:19 PM
dude u got problems if ur shaving on ur neck no offense

BloodBaneZXY
01-03-2004, 09:45 PM
Uhh, not really, I sincerely doubt he's shaving the base of neck, it's common get hair UNDERNEATH the chin as well. You'll understand what I'm talking about when your balls drop and the facial hairs start coming in. Anyyways, I used to shave against the grain too, but my brother said it causes a lot of ingrown hairs or something, which lead to a big pain in the ass later in your life, and thicker hair or some bs. Anyone wanna fill me in ?

Seanith
01-04-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Marsh
dude u got problems if ur shaving on ur neck no offense

well most people that can grow hair on their nuts grow hair on other places as well :rolleyes:

rancidmalk
02-27-2004, 01:27 PM
I now use a Mach 3 turbo and i like it. But i had an Electric shaver from germany for a few years that cut better than any razor i have ever used. I never had to worry about a thing with that. Than my friend said that i should clean something on the inside. He ended up destroying the pinnacle of german engineering...:guns:

ZorroAMG
02-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Jesus!!!! Back from tha dead!

method
02-27-2004, 01:57 PM
I just use an electric razor.. my skin gets too funked up.

rather stubbly than my face on fire.

VWhooligan
02-27-2004, 02:39 PM
i have never used a conventional razor in my life.. got an electric one back in highschool and havent looked back. i missed out on the whole learning to shave thing :cry:

Mahk Uno
02-27-2004, 02:47 PM
Some ear wax and a hunting knife usually does the trick:thumbsup:

t3rry
02-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by VWhooligan
i have never used a conventional razor in my life.. got an electric one back in highschool and havent looked back. i missed out on the whole learning to shave thing :cry:

i am the opposite, never used an electric, i think i may buy one though... any suggestions?

sputnik
02-27-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by t3rry

i am the opposite, never used an electric, i think i may buy one though... any suggestions?

For the closest shave... get one with a foil surface... the circular blades kinda suck. Get a Braun, I had one that lasted 8 years before the blades dulled.

I have to shave every morning regardless of how I shave. So I stick with simplicity and speed and use an electric.

t3rry
02-27-2004, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by sputnik

For the closest shave... get one with a foil surface... the circular blades kinda suck. Get a Braun, I had one that lasted 8 years before the blades dulled.

I have to shave every morning regardless of how I shave. So I stick with simplicity and speed and use an electric.

thanks for the reply

yea, i wetshave on monday and i am usually good for the week :D but im sure it would be easier for me if i could just dryshave a few times a week :D

Toma
02-27-2004, 04:35 PM
Yeah, shaving up is WAY closer, but I have course hair, and by the afternoon, when the hair starts poking through, I get wicked itch, and then suffer from ingrowns for days....bumps all over the skin that I then shave off and bleed, and my face wont clear up for weeks..... so I shave down

Same with electrics, they shave way to close, require too much rubbing, and same result as above.

I use any 3 blade razor. Wallmart now sells a $5 generic 3 blade taht works just as good as Mach 3 and Extreme.

After a good hot shower is the by far the best time

403Gemini
02-27-2004, 06:03 PM
4 blades is gettni outta hand, soon you'll be able to kill people with these things lol

t3rry
02-27-2004, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
4 blades is gettni outta hand, soon you'll be able to kill people with these things lol

you;re already not allowed to have them on airplanes :D

VWhooligan
02-28-2004, 02:07 AM
Originally posted by sputnik

I have to shave every morning regardless of how I shave. So I stick with simplicity and speed and use an elctric.

agreed, i have a braun that i've had for the last 5 years that has a 3 foil type design and an extra blade in the front. had to replace the foil after 4 years though, but blades are still top notch.

403Gemini
02-28-2004, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by t3rry

you;re already not allowed to have them on airplanes :D

yea your not even allowed to have nail clippers on your carry on

wtf is that shit

mwmhong
02-28-2004, 10:03 AM

Khyron

The new thing coming out for Gillette is the Mach 3 M3 Power.

It's like Mach 3 Turbo with even better blades and a battery in the handle that makes the razor head vibrate, which shakes the skin and and makes the hairs stand up better which supposedly gives an even closer shave than Mach 3 Turbo

The Quattro 4-blader has already taken some market share (I think around 8%) from Gillette so they had to come out with something, I guess.

:drama:

Seanith
02-28-2004, 05:02 PM
^ I wonder when the lawsuit from BMW is going to be filed? :rofl:

cman
02-29-2004, 04:12 AM
i just do it after a warm shower, foaming gel, mach 3, shave with the grain then touch up against the grain.
only ever cut myself when rushing for school or work.

Strider
02-29-2004, 05:20 AM
I can't stand electric razors... i started when I was 15 with a braun electric, thought it worked okay for a few years, but after I tried shaving with a mach 3, i couldn't understand how i ever put up with the burn from the electric.

Best time to shave is after a hot shower and a wash with an exfoliating facial cleanser :thumbsup: .

Toma
02-29-2004, 03:33 PM
Where do you get the quattro? I wanna try it, but have not seen it yet???

Dishdog
03-02-2004, 12:37 PM
I use Shick Extreme 3.... Anyone use the Quatto one? 4 Blades? Thats Crazzzzy, whats next... 5 Blades :)

GTS Jeff
03-02-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Strider
I can't stand electric razors... i started when I was 15 with a braun electric, thought it worked okay for a few years, but after I tried shaving with a mach 3, i couldn't understand how i ever put up with the burn from the electric.

Best time to shave is after a hot shower and a wash with an exfoliating facial cleanser :thumbsup: . man, no wonder u are getting razor burn. your skin is all puffy and oilfree after a hot wash. try shaving when your skin is unwashed and dry.