PDA

View Full Version : Highschool upgrading - comments

Ergo-Sun-Tzu
08-29-2010, 04:04 AM
So I just wanted peoples input on highschool upgrading.

I am 23 yearsold, I want to master highschool subjects again. All of this work in-order to go to university of Calgary.

After being in Chinook College, I don't ever want to go back to that school because of the teachers.
(Narcissistic teachers who talk about themselves rather than the course :banghead:) (Bio 20 teachers are pure crap)
(Teachers, who don't properly teach the outline and put so much bullshit in your head)

I'd like to know whether going to MRU, UofC and Bow Valley to take their highschool course is a good idea (fulltime). Any other suggestion ? I am not going to quit either.

bignerd
08-29-2010, 09:30 PM
I did not like the curiculum at Bow Valley-was very different than what I expected. Parking is expensive/hard to find, as well if I recall correctly they do not rent textbooks? Pretty sure you had to buy them or get them from the library, at least for the self directed courses, and text books were like $200?

Yes Chinook has some teachers that need to go, but I have had some really awesome ones there who are very willing to help you out and go the extra mile-if you are. If anyone wants reccomendations for Physics 20 or Math Pure 30 teachers at Chinook let me know, the self directed English teachers were great too. I also have some tips on who to avoid, and I did switch a few teachers when I started classes there because I did not like them.

As per some of the other threads regarding upgrading, you have to watch, not all schools will accept upgraded marks done at other schools (i.e. MRU does not have to accept marks upgraded at SAIT) whereas everyone will take Chinook marks because it is Calgary Board of Education.