PDA

View Full Version : Big props to R8 HID

Graham_A_M
08-29-2010, 02:24 PM
I just had an HID install on my Triumph from Rex at R8 HID, and I just wanted to show the results.

The bike already came with projectors, all I needed was just the kit to have a full fledged HID install,
I got the 6000k, along with the slim ballast. All in all after install it was a measily $140.
Install took a little over an hour, but its quite clear he knows WTF hes doing. The install was done incredibly well and is very well hidden.
EDIT: Oh yeah, theres a 1 year warranty as well. :)
Here are some pics.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/P8300168.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii312/Graham_A_M/P8300170.jpg

Just wanted to pass on the info that if anybody is looking for an HID install, Give Rex a call. :thumbsup: Tell him Graham from Beyond recommended you if you'd like

*mod edit* sorry no advertising here unless by an approved vendor

(Ah shit, PM me for his info then, my bad)

Zigo
08-29-2010, 04:06 PM
I went over a texas gate a while back on my gixxer.. Now my high beam just wobbles around. :cry: Might be interested hahah..

Graham_A_M
08-29-2010, 04:08 PM
Yeah he gave me a bunch of tips towards adjustment and other all other things HID related, I think he'd probably be able to make adjustments or repair your existing setup.

EDIT: holy shit this was my 3,000th post... Third gear now.
It sure doesn't feel like 4.5 years since Ive been on here. :dunno:

Team_Mclaren
08-29-2010, 04:25 PM
look at that fucking glare omfg :facepalm:

Graham_A_M
08-29-2010, 05:08 PM
^ Yeah its a bad pic thats out of focus, click on it and you'll see. I should have taken a few, and at different angles. :rolleyes: Quite different in person. :dunno:

Team_Mclaren
08-29-2010, 05:47 PM
dude what are you looking at? there are wild spots everywhere. Its no different from putting cheapass hid kits in stock housings/non-hid oem projectors...

wait.......:banghead:

Disoblige
08-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Sorry.. Team_Mclaren is right.

However, some adjustments might make it a little better but usually it doesn't do too much. its true, just because it is projectors doesn't mean it is meant for HIDs. A lot of projectors are meant for halogen systems, hence why you are getting that kind of output.

The glare will still be apparent no matter how much tweaking there is, though you might be able to make it more bearable if its aimed slightly lower.

Scat E46
08-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Exactly, a projector doesn't mean it's HID ready.

The real reason why it's blinding is the reason that no one seems to know.

The reason is that halogen bulbs are bright on one small area, where as an HID bulb is bright along an entire arc, so the light bounces off the reflector where it is not supposed to, and that is what causes glare and blinds other drivers.

Halogen

----0-----|base of bulb

xenon

-00000--|base of bulb

And sorry, that picture, in person or on camera, looks like fail to me.

Disoblige
08-29-2010, 06:25 PM
Scat is baaaack!! lol

Graham_A_M
08-29-2010, 09:27 PM
My apologies, for the screw up, anyway as bad as that said projector unit is, I still wanted to advocate R8 HID regardless however. :dunno: I created this thread not so much as to argue the "HID readiness of my bike" but to make it known of a great installation business within Calgary.

Scuderia
08-29-2010, 09:56 PM
It's really not that bad, yeah there's glare but you guys are talking like it'll blind someone on impact. It looks pretty decent man, bike looks good too. A good learning experience for next time. Just don't drive behind scat984398, if he senses improperly installed HID lights, he'll cripple and have a seizure at the wheel.

buh_buh
08-30-2010, 01:30 AM
I don't blame him. There's nothing worse than driving behind or someone oncoming that has a hid kit on stock halogen housing. I don't even like driving in front of trucks that have halogens, let alone some $50 hid kit.

Chester
08-31-2010, 05:59 PM
Oh well, if hes on a bike at least he'll be seen at night. Not as bad as an HID kit in a car IMO:dunno:

gpomp
09-01-2010, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Chester
Oh well, if hes on a bike at least he'll be seen at night. Not as bad as an HID kit in a car IMO:dunno: it's worse on a bike, his headlight will be right in line with my rearview mirror :guns:

Degrassi_Wheels
09-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Snap, crackle and pop.