PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal ?

kaboose
08-30-2010, 07:10 AM
Hey everybody am new here so please bare with me

Aite so am planning to buy 2010 Mazda 3 GS w/comfort Pkg

From Mazda Canada website i got this price:

MSRP: $22190 for GS w/comfort pkg(includes moonroof,dynamic stability control, and traction control system) and 5 speed automatic
Accessories:
Remote Control Engine Starter (anti theft included in car?) $575
Mud Guards (Rear & Front) $276
Touch up Paint Pen $11.99
Enginer Block heater $195
Cargo Tray $67.95
Excluding All weather floor mats and 3M Protection
Total Accesories:$1125.94
Freight & PDI:$1395
Vehicle Price: $24710.94
Net Vehicle Price with GST: 25946.487

Now here in Edmonton, Alberta i went to my local Mazda dealer and made a deal of $21000 with everything included taxes, fees and all the accessories i have mentioned above. Plus they giving me 4-5 free oil changes now is that a good deal ?

I was thinking of getting the invoice from carcostcanada.com but i dont know how reliable their info is... so it would nice to know how much 2010 mazda 3 are being sold for in canada :D

Axe
08-30-2010, 07:28 AM
I've used carcostcanda and negotiated with the dealer based on the information I received from the carcostcandada reports to negotate a deal just over 2% the dealer cost (based on the report).

I don' know if you got a good deal (seems reasonable) but the report will at least give a you a baseline from which to work.

Type_S1
08-30-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by kaboose
Mud Guards (Rear & Front) $276

I think that is a scam LOL.

I was with my friend at the Honda dealership and he was looking at a fit and on the fit they had a "wing" on the back, was really just a small spoiler and they said the cost was $749...I laughed in the stupid dealers face and said we want it off the car before we would ever consider buying it then because it was not worth that much. This retarded pricing was on a few items on the car and basically walked away because this stupid type of pricing.

kaboose
08-30-2010, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by Axe
I've used carcostcanda and negotiated with the dealer based on the information I received from the carcostcandada reports to negotate a deal just over 2% the dealer cost (based on the report).

I don' know if you got a good deal (seems reasonable) but the report will at least give a you a baseline from which to work.

thanks a lot for replying ... mind telling me which trim level u got and for how much ?wht was the invoice price on urs? and when did u buy it? so i can compare .... do u think i am getting a good deal ?

Axe
08-30-2010, 09:11 AM
see reply to pm. Used my CCC report for buying a highlander.

kaboose
08-30-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Axe
see reply to pm. Used my CCC report for buying a highlander.

i didnt receive any pm from u :( .. and y highlander ... am lookin between mazda3 or honda civic :)