PDA

View Full Version : Glass in foot/Beneath skin

JfuckinC
08-30-2010, 03:39 PM
Sooo, houseboating i stepped on some glass got a bunch of cuts in my foot. i was wasted, didnt really care, but took the large pieces out and examined the little ones and had a chick look it over. fast forward to now, the big deep cut healed but two little ones are still like not cut but not healed. and it kinda hurts sometimes but doesn't hurt more of a short ache.

Think there is still little bits in there? i've peeled them open a few times and tried to pull anything out with no results.. Will they just grow out with the skin? haha

spike98
08-30-2010, 03:41 PM
They may or may not. I have gravel in my arm from 8 years ago. If you really want to know if there is glass in there get an xray. And shards should be picked up and they can removed them properly.

ryder_23
08-30-2010, 03:41 PM
Ya they'll get pushed out eventually. Good old houseboating :rofl: I got a dart go right through my calf playing beer darts last year, good times haha.

JfuckinC
08-30-2010, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by spike98
They may or may not. I have gravel in my arm from 8 years ago. If you really want to know if there is glass in there get an xray. And shards should be picked up and they can removed them properly.

haha too much work.

Originally posted by ryder_23
Ya they'll get pushed out eventually. Good old houseboating :rofl: I got a dart go right through my calf playing beer darts last year, good times haha.

Houseboating is the be all end all best vacation of my year, every year. This year someone looking at our pictures asked if we were on the playboy boat cause we had so many smoking hot blondes

:D

I guess i'll double check the holes tonight lol thanks guyss.

GQBalla
08-30-2010, 03:51 PM
pics of said playboy boat

ryder_23
08-30-2010, 03:51 PM
This is the first year in years I'm not going, was suppose to be this weekend, but got a trip to hawaii for my bday, so had to bail. Oh well, always next year.

JBreaks
08-30-2010, 03:54 PM
make sure to hit your "surgical instruments" with a flame first, and use alot of rubbing alcohol in and around the wound. Rubbing contams deeper into the wound would not be pro-star.

JfuckinC
08-30-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
pics of said playboy boat

Sorry man, i don't want beyond CSI creeping the fuck out of my friends haha.

Originally posted by JBreaks
make sure to hit your "surgical instruments" with a flame first, and use alot of rubbing alcohol in and around the wound. Rubbing contams deeper into the wound would not be pro-star.

Pish posh, i have an immune system for a reason.

Kloubek
08-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23
Ya they'll get pushed out eventually.

That's not always true - it depends on how deep the glass went and if his body is reacting to it as a foreign object. If it is accepting that it is there, the natural fluids which build up and help push it out will not be present. I've heard of people having objects embedded in their skin for years!

Additionally, if the glass is situated in a vertical manner straight into his foot, walking on it might keep it from actually coming out, as he's just continually driving it into his heel all the time, and past the outer layer of skin.

If it was me, I would go fishing with a needle. Make sure to keep it in alcohol for 10 minutes or more to make sure it is clean, or the added infection is going to make things that much worse.

JfuckinC
08-30-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

That's not always true - it depends on how deep the glass went and if his body is reacting to it as a foreign object. If it is accepting that it is there, the natural fluids which build up and help push it out will not be present. I've heard of people having objects embedded in their skin for years!

Either way it's nothing to worry about though eh? I'd think they're rejecting it if it hasn't healed, my skin honestly heals super fast usually..

Edit: just read your edit, The piece in the heel was huge and vertical, stuck in super deep, but that one i pulled right out, these two are actually right behind the ball of my foot where not too much pressure is put down when i walk. Either way, i think i got sterile blades at home i'll crack one open and take a decent chunk out and check haha..

Kloubek
08-30-2010, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

Either way it's nothing to worry about though eh? I'd think they're rejecting it if it hasn't healed, my skin honestly heals super fast usually..

That's probably the case if it hasn't healed up in a reasonable timeframe. Just try to make sure it doesn't get infected from being open, and your body should do the rest. Like I said though, I wonder if the fact you're walking on it is keeping the shards from actually falling out.

I HATE things in my body that shouldn't be there. I'd be going mad squeezing and poking around in there!

JfuckinC
08-30-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek

I HATE things in my body that shouldn't be there. I'd be going mad squeezing and poking around in there!

I'm the same way, creeps me out haha.. Even scabs, mosquito bites etc. I've got tons of scars cause i cant stand having stuff like that on me. :banghead: