PDA

View Full Version : UofC Business Courses Tutorials; Mandatory?

magicalpoop
08-31-2010, 02:45 PM
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the tutorials for the 3rd year business courses, specificially (FNCE, MGIS, MGST,).
So are MANDATORY to GO TO? (In otherwords, will you lose marks/fail/etc if you do not go to them)

I work Part time and will probably have to skip some, but I do plan on going to them...for the sake of going...

But are they essentially there to get help from TA's on home work and do the group work (So nobody has an excuse NOT to do the group work) ?

Appreciate it.

urbannomad
08-31-2010, 09:20 PM
It's up to you, as are classes.

kobca
08-31-2010, 10:05 PM
FNCE 317 has 2 quizzes and the midterm in the tutorial spot, otherwise you don't have to attend any of the tutorials.

MGIS and MGST don't actually have anything that happens in the tutorials timeslot, at least 2 years ago when I took them.

I believe the only non-quiz/exam related tutorials which are mandatory are the MKTG ones and the first 3 weeks of HROD.

sexualbanana
08-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by magicalpoop
Hey,

I was wondering if anyone knew if the tutorials for the 3rd year business courses, specificially (FNCE, MGIS, MGST,).
So are MANDATORY to GO TO? (In otherwords, will you lose marks/fail/etc if you do not go to them)

I work Part time and will probably have to skip some, but I do plan on going to them...for the sake of going...

But are they essentially there to get help from TA's on home work and do the group work (So nobody has an excuse NOT to do the group work) ?

Appreciate it.

Unless things have changed, the tutorials are basically a blocked off 60-90 minutes so that you have no excuse to not have time to have group meetings. There's no class per se, but if you were to go to your prof later in the semester and say "Our group couldn't meet because I/we had to work, etc, etc." the prof would reply with "That's why you have those times blocked off on Fridays."

There are the occasional times when there are tutorials or whatnot, but they have those before exams in case you need to review something. When I was in school, they never gave out assignments or anything.