PDA

View Full Version : How long can I take off Uni without re-applying?

Kobe
09-01-2010, 12:29 AM
Hey guys I have 5 classes left to finish my Diploma @ MRU but i decided I want to go to Europe for 6-8months instead of finishing (Please keep comments to yourself, on how I should finish school NOW)

I was wondering how long I can go without having to re-apply for MRU? or anyone know who I can talk to to lead me in the right direction?

I know last time when I took a semester off I just had to send them an e-mail to allow me to register for classes again....

Thanks

gqmw
09-01-2010, 03:06 AM
Pretty sure you just got to let them know before you take time off. Head of faculty I believe, at least that's how it is at uc.

Cos
09-01-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Kobe
Hey guys I have 5 classes left to finish my Diploma @ MRU but i decided I want to go to Europe for 6-8months instead of finishing (Please keep comments to yourself, on how I should finish school NOW)

I was wondering how long I can go without having to re-apply for MRU? or anyone know who I can talk to to lead me in the right direction?

I know last time when I took a semester off I just had to send them an e-mail to allow me to register for classes again....

Thanks

If you take summer off and spring or fall semester isnt that around 6 - 8 months and one 1 semester technically?

Kobe
09-01-2010, 12:05 PM
Im going to be leaving from the end of Oct till June/July

CUG
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
Dude, just come back to school so we can sit in the library and run game on all the dumb little b_tchez.

Edit: didn't see the part where you didn't want people to say that. This is a worse idea than vegas, slutty.

Babaganoosh
09-01-2010, 04:46 PM
I took off for 14 months in the middle of my degree at UC, didnt send an email or have to do anything special to pick classes when i came back. :dunno:

dirtsniffer
09-03-2010, 09:04 PM
afaik you can take a full year off classes. So if you leave now, you'll need to be back for fall classes next year

Kobe
09-03-2010, 09:30 PM
I went and talked to the office today, since I have taken 1 semester off last year I would have to be in school in Jan, 2011 or I will have to re-apply..

I'd have no problem re-applying to the program however the Business Admin - Marketing program is not available anymore so I would have to transfer my courses to another school or enroll in the degree program to get a piece of paper.

I am going to talk to the BA chair on Tuesday and I really hope she makes an exception for me to enroll in Sept 2011 and finish my program since I only have 5 classes remaining...

AG_Styles
09-04-2010, 12:27 AM
you should be fine if you have a legitimate reason. I've taken 4 years off so far on my degree which makes it 8-9 years since my first year here. But i've been working in a professional field directly related to my degree. I've had to talk to the dean a few times and provide legitimate reasons with proof as well.
Oh, and I really only have 2 courses left to complete my degree. I just have been too busy with projects at work.