PDA

View Full Version : Looking for MWD/LWD position ASAP!!!

Geo-Man-Dan
09-01-2010, 01:24 PM
I am an experienced MWD hand (6 months with Ryan Energy).

I am looking for contact information for a HR Manager, or MWD supervisor who may have some hiring authority. I HATE wasting my time sending resumes to general mailboxes, or looking like an idiot banging on doors of people who have no hiring authority!!

If anybody works for a company with a referal incentive program ... well make some extra $$$cash$$$ and refer me!!!

PM me any information that can help me out!

Thx

P.S...... I can send a copy of my resume to those who may be interested in refering me ... I will not post my resume though.

Geo-Man-Dan
09-01-2010, 04:48 PM
Alright ... had one response so far ... anybody else know where I can apply? ... and who to send my resume to?

broken_legs
09-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Everyone is hiring.

If you put the words "directional" or "MWD" in the headline on your workopolis or monster you will get annoyed by the number of responses.

There is the COSSD too.

Geo-Man-Dan
09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
Anybody have any actual CONTACTS??

The problem with Everybody hiring is that when these companies post jobs, they get hundreds of replies in a general mailbox like [email protected] ...

I want to send my resume's to actual people's mailboxes like [email protected]

If anybody has any actual contacts please let me know ASAP!

Thx

SKR
09-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Have you ever given any consideration to calling these companies and asking to talk to someone? I've never been told no, and I always get that person's email address to send my resume to.

I don't get why this is so hard. Especially if you're qualified.

I got an interview once that I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have gotten by calling and asking for the manager of the division I was applying to. They'd just posted an opportunity on their website. I called and asked the guy if he still had my resume (which I had never actually sent in the first place), and he said to send it to him again just to make sure he had it. Then the next day I went in for an interview. Turns out he didn't want to hire me, and I didn't want to work for him. Still, it's a gimmick that worked once.

Just call the phone number on the company's website and ask to talk to someone. The worst that will happen is the receptionist says no. She's not going to call the cops on you.

Geo-Man-Dan
09-02-2010, 12:10 PM
Good points. I had tried calling a few of the larger companies(haliburton, weaterford, etc...) and they are extremely protective of certain information. They wouldnt even give me a name, forget about email addresses! They just refer you to the website application process. I kind of lost hope in using the phone after those calls ... but maybe smaller companies will be a little more relaxed about giving out a recruiter's email.

I'm usually the "knocking on doors" kind of person, but it doesnt seem to work either with the larger companies.

This is why I am asking for contacts.