PDA

View Full Version : If you're with Rogers, READ THIS NOW. Sept 1. FUCK ROGERS.

Pages : [1] 2

Super_Geo
09-01-2010, 03:40 PM
If you have a 3G phone, try calling yourself.

I just realized now that only 1 in 15 calls are actually making it through. It's a problem with their 3G network... when someone tries to call you, they get dead air for 5-8 seconds and then it goes to voicemail.

I was on hold for 20mins and they service rep told me what the issue was. If you disable 3G, phone works fine.

I've been waiting for some pretty important calls all day. I am fucking pissed.

GQBalla
09-01-2010, 03:41 PM
i have no idea what you mean, 5 out of 5 calls just worked for me?

sh0ko
09-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

I just realized now that only 1 in 15 calls are actually making it through. It's a problem with their 3G network... when someone tries to call you, they get dead air for 5-8 seconds and then it goes to voicemail.

I was on hold for 20mins and they service rep told me what the issue was. If you disable 3G, phone works fine.

servers been wonky all day ive had similar problems

spike98
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
Mine has been working 100% but im in the hat. Different i suppose. Perhaps you should get a land line if cells are too unreliable for you. Networks go down. Problems happen.

I love rogers and will be staying but thanks for the heads up...

Super_Geo
09-01-2010, 03:43 PM
I had 4 people call me as I stood there looking at my phone... land lines, cell phone, Rogers cell phones... all went to VM after 5-8 seconds of dead air. I was looking at my phone, it showed 3-4 bars and 3G.

When I called the service rep she said they have known about this problem since late yesterday, and it is intermittent... as in some calls can go in or out, but not all of them.

Come to think of it, I had this issue crop up around 5PM yesterday (tried calling a number, just got dead air for 10 seconds then the call failed... 5-10 minutes later I get 2 voicemails pop up out of nowhere), but then I had some calls come in and didn't think much of it.

Same issue today... when I was trying to make outgoing calls while I was "blacked out" I would just get dead air, eventually the call fails.

sexualbanana
09-01-2010, 03:44 PM
So this is going to sound extraordinarily dumb, but if I turn off 3G, what won't I be able to do?

nine5ej1
09-01-2010, 03:46 PM
WTF?!?!?! 2 out of 5 calls went to voicemail.

SI_futbol
no data

bubbley
yep, my phone is fucked.

Super_Geo
09-01-2010, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
So this is going to sound extraordinarily dumb, but if I turn off 3G, what won't I be able to do?

You should still get data through EDGE. Voice calls will all come through.

dannie
09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
Mine has been fucked all day. I'm down in Inglewood and texts aren't going, calls aren't coming thru.... hopefully it gets solved quickly.

in*10*se
09-01-2010, 03:48 PM
yeah tried at lunch, texting still works though.

Super_Geo
09-01-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by dannie
Mine has been fucked all day. I'm down in Inglewood and texts aren't going, calls aren't coming thru.... hopefully it gets solved quickly.

Turn off 3G and everything works.

dannie
09-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Ya... I did... but it was still a pain in the ass for the last few hours because I couldn't get thru to Rogers to ask wtf

bituerbo
09-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by nine5ej1
WTF?!?!?! 2 out of 5 calls went to voicemail.

Same.

tirebob
09-01-2010, 03:54 PM
I always leave my 3G off unless I am downloading a big file, and then I just turn it on and change it back when finished. Battery lasts longer and other than downloading, I find it has no negative impact at all...

adidas
09-01-2010, 03:57 PM
Thought it was a problem with my phone only. Mines been cutting in and out since noon.

Was just about to call rogers and figured id check beyond if anyone has had similar problems. lol

Kinda pissed but what can u do.

iCreep
09-01-2010, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

browsing is going to be uber slow, but your phone will still work all the same.

realazy
09-01-2010, 03:59 PM
I just tried it, 1 out of 5 calls went to VM for me.

V6-BoI
09-01-2010, 04:02 PM
So when the calls go directly to your VM, do you get a notification right away you got a VM, or does that lag too?

psycoticclown
09-01-2010, 04:05 PM
Tried it, all my calls went through :dunno:

shadowz
09-01-2010, 04:06 PM
Same thing has been happening to myself, all Rogers phones within 0.5km radius of my home are going to SOS or limited connection. I was on hold with rogers for 1.5 hrs. They did some troubleshooting with me then told me they would call me back

jjmac
09-01-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by bubbley
yep, my phone is fucked.

interlude
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Why are you guys freaking out? It happened earlier in the year.

But yea, it was kind of annoying placing calls earlier and it wouldnt work.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-01-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
Tried it, all my calls went through :dunno:

Same here.

rage2
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Happens to all providers. Move to another one, and eventually, you'll suffer downtime just like this.

My 3G was fucked most of the afternoon, hell it went no service for a good 10 mins there too. I'm back in the office on wifi so I'm not really missing too much.

inline6turbo
09-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Omg that's what it is!! I've haven't gotten a single call all day, everything going to my voicemail, Apple people told me to restore my Iphone to fix it, no fix, lost all my data FML! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :whipped:

Super_Geo
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by interlude
Why are you guys freaking out?

Cause it's my work phone... and going MIA for half a day or longer and then seeing a shitload of VM popping up at the same time that a call finally comes through and then having no clue what the status of anything is (caues I haven't been gettin gmy VMs) makes me look like an irresponsible dipshit.

Cos
09-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Mine (fido) has been fucked since yesterday. I dont get visual voicemail on my iPhone either. I have tried to call 3 times but they said it is over a 30 minute wait. I emailed customer service off their form.

Glad it isnt only just me.

One question for you guys, I have recorded my greeting on my phone but when you call it all I get is the electro chick who reads your phone number. Anyone else notice that?

Spoons
09-01-2010, 04:37 PM
It's your sim cards. They go faulty after awhile, or start to not read as well. You will find you will drop some calls, and when people try to call you, it will sometimes go straight to voicemail. Trust me, just exchange/buy a new sim card, and I betcha you'll be fine.

Cos
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
^^ What?? all of our sim cards shit the bed on the same day?

I am not saying you are wrong that it can happen, however you are wrong in this case.

Super_Geo
09-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Spoons
It's your sim cards. They go faulty after awhile, or start to not read as well. You will find you will drop some calls, and when people try to call you, it will sometimes go straight to voicemail. Trust me, just exchange/buy a new sim card, and I betcha you'll be fine.

100% disagree.

Switching from 3G to EDGE makes all the problems go away... calls come in right away, texts make it through, cals go out right away.

I switched from EDGE back to 3G to make sure that was the problem... and sure enough as soon as I'm back on 3G I got dead air and then VM when I called from a land line.

Switched back to EDGE and it was fine again.

rage2
09-01-2010, 04:53 PM
Ya spoons is on crack. The network is clearly messed up today!

J@Tuner
09-01-2010, 05:04 PM
8/8 calls went through, Bold 9700, Rogers, old ass SIM, brand new phone

in*10*se
09-01-2010, 05:30 PM
phone switched to edge from 3g... ugh

Cos
09-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Cos

One question for you guys, I have recorded my greeting on my phone but when you call it all I get is the electro chick who reads your phone number. Anyone else notice that?

No one else having this?

inline6turbo
09-01-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by Cos

No one else having this?

Before I turned off 3G yes, but since I've turned it off it's back to normal

B20EF
09-01-2010, 06:01 PM
iphone 3g - no calls coming through, just voicemails popping up

derpderp
09-01-2010, 06:30 PM
lol this just happening to iPhones or something? Works fine on my Xperia

Critical
09-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Missed 2/4 calls and almost all text messages failed.

Cos
09-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by derpderp

Could be. :dunno:

I know iPhone doesnt work on SaskTel and MPT or whatever it is in Manitoba. Point is that obviously they can isolate the iphones, meaning they can probably break whatever is working on the iphones.

yeahyeah
09-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I had texting issues for months when I was with Rogers, luckily my work paid out my contract and put me on the company plan with Bell earlier this month, and have had zero issues with texting since.

K3RMiTdot
09-01-2010, 07:19 PM
This shit happens to me. On a phone with friends and parents and thy alll droppped

Spoons
09-01-2010, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Ya spoons is on crack. The network is clearly messed up today!

Should have been a little more clear. Obviously 3G is fucked, bbm hardly works. But the call straight to voicemail if happens any other time is almost always the sim card.

Plus I didn't read the whole thread, I can't be bothered with that on beyond anymore. Way too much bs to sift through.

JordanAndrew
09-01-2010, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Cos

No one else having this?

I believe my girlfriend's iphone is having the same issue. It even resets the visual voicemail back so that you always have to set it up every day. It was getting annoying, it's a good thing that she doesn't really uses her voicemail.

I personally don't have any issues with my visual voicemail. We both have iphone 4 btw.

As for the 3G issue, it looks like I'm having the same problem. It might be depending on where you are in the city as I had no issues when I was in the NW today, but now that I'm in the NE, I started getting problems.

CRXguy
09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Bold 9700
NE Calgary

Can't make/receive calls on 3G, although I can text and PIN with no issues on 3G. Noticed the problem around 11am, and still ongoing.

Xtrema
09-01-2010, 08:06 PM
3G

Getting those missed calls txt and vm all day.

Rogers is fucked.

123focus
09-01-2010, 08:36 PM
texts dont go through or my friends get them 5 hours later....dropped calls. no service 5 minutes out of town. my friends get service in the middle of their lakes up north with sasktel. one more year to go. :banghead:

BokCh0y
09-01-2010, 08:41 PM
I think this has actually been going on for a few days now, maybe even lastweek.

Been having these exact same issues. Was better on the weekend but yesterday and today, especially around 5pm it sucks balls. BBM no worky. Can't send/receive calls....

Still, i'd rather suffer with Rogers then deal with Bell or Telus.

Jay911
09-01-2010, 10:32 PM
I think TELUS was also having some data issues over the past couple days ... I am an end-user on a network that uses EvDO and its next-gen successor data service and it was borked for about 36 hours too. Might still be, I dunno - haven't tried it today.

Awd-Tsi
09-01-2010, 10:55 PM
between like 5-8, my phone was fucked too. Then it was fine later on

Sykes
09-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I'm betting these issues are happening because MTS has finally allowed Rogers to expand their HSPA+ network to cover all of Manitoba (where as it was previously only available in the Winnipeg area).

I usually only get EDGE connectivity on my Bold 9700 but had 3G connectivity for a few hours today (my phone is back on EDGE again - I live in Brandon).

HTH

Disoblige
09-02-2010, 08:37 PM
Umm.. I'm barely receiving any texts now.. I'm on Telus.. Wondering if it has to do with Rogers peeps as well or just them.

revelations
09-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Wow, sounds like the shitty ass ATT network up here almost... :eek:

89coupe
09-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm on Telus and also experiencing issues, mainly with text. Just texted someone about an hour ago and they just got it now.

Its been happening all week.

TorqueDog
09-03-2010, 08:56 AM
My 9000 on 3G was working just fine yesterday. However, I did have a client with an iPhone 3G who wasn't able to do anything on his data network.

Press and hold the Home and Lock button to shut the phone down, powered it back on, and it found the network without issue. E-mail started coming in, everything. :dunno:

Cos
09-03-2010, 09:01 AM
I'm having problems again this morning. Had to shut down 3g

LadyLuck
09-03-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
I believe my girlfriend's iphone is having the same issue. It even resets the visual voicemail back so that you always have to set it up every day. It was getting annoying, it's a good thing that she doesn't really uses her voicemail.

The same voicemail thing kept happening to me last week, it was driving me nuts!
I made an appointment at the apple store as I was having texting issues as well.

I didn't even know that one could sync their phonebook to their Itunes so buddy at the apple store didnt want to restore my phone but explained to me how to do it.

Went home, completed reset and restored the phone and haven't had any issues since. Texts seem to be going through most of the time, but the damn voicemail issue is finally gone.

EK 2.0
09-03-2010, 10:11 AM
I can tell who is on rogers with my BBM cause they takes ages to get to you users versus the telus or bell folks on my phone...

Spoons
09-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Telus had some downtime yesterday to. LIKE I SAID some of you check your sim cards, this does cause problems, and some of your guys' issues have been happening over the past month. Not saying its the solution for all, some is just the network.

If your problem persistently happens over a month, its safe to start blaming the network and blame the phone. I'm in the NW, have a 9700, and I'm experiencing no such issues.

89coupe
09-03-2010, 11:59 AM
I'm on the phone with Telus right now and they are saying they are having issues with their Networks and are working to correct it.

ClearBluewater
09-03-2010, 12:15 PM
LOL why would you stay with rogers now that bell and telus have HSPA

1-Bar
09-03-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by derpderp

My X1a was doing this before, a lot....but switched to edge and its perfect.

Clever
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Any updates on this? I was told today that a few of my calls went straight to my VM and the reps at Rogers store were useless.

Disoblige
09-03-2010, 05:05 PM
I'm not having problems with voice calls, just texting..

Davetronz
09-03-2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah I have texts coming 3-5 hours after they've been sent and issues with lost network messages appearing on my 3G iPhone.

supra_07
09-03-2010, 06:22 PM
problems with txting and calls here. have had those since i got iphone. Its my 4th one because they couldn't fix the problem n still having the problem. just learned to live with it. doesnt do it that often but may be like once a day or so with the calls and texts atleast 10 to 15 times a week.

BokCh0y
09-03-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by ClearBluewater
LOL why would you stay with rogers now that bell and telus have HSPA

Telus and Bell's HSPA doesn't work when you're not in a HSPA service area. Their phones don't failover to 2G (EDGE) or 1G (GSM)....so why make the switch?

The HSPA phones only work on a GSM network, not CDMA, which is Telus and Bell's original network. GSM, EDGE, HSPA based phones do not fail over to CDMA networks.

So if you're running a phone that utilizes 3G, why wouldn't you stay with Rogers?

:dunno:

stockedfridge
09-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Calls have been constantly dropped for the past fking hour, been having the hardest time trying to have conversations. :banghead:

KRyn
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
I am with Rogers and I have had the shittiest reception all day. I get a signal then it dies right away. Then it stays dead a few minutes... It's really starting to piss me off. This started last evening at around 11:30pm and is still going on today, anyone else having the same problem?

01RedDX
09-12-2010, 02:47 PM

Impreza
09-12-2010, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
Texts taking 2 hours to get through, calls going straight to VM, WTF Rogers?!?

Having the same issue. So frustrating

Q-TIP
09-12-2010, 03:13 PM
Wait, I thought we hated Telus today. :dunno:

G-ZUS
09-12-2010, 03:52 PM
WTF is up with Rogers new" Please enjoy this ringback while we connect your call" shit? I just started getting this when dialing out yesterday

Phenix
09-12-2010, 03:57 PM
gotta love rogers. lol. I'm glad i haven't had too many issues with bell. even though they aren't the best

toyboy88
09-12-2010, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
WTF is up with Rogers new" Please enjoy this ringback while we connect your call" shit? I just started getting this when dialing out yesterday

If you get that when you call someone, that means they have 'ringbacks' activated with Rogers. So when you call them, instead of a ring you get a song/tune/etc. Sort of like a 'reverse ringtone' so to speak.

Person has to activate it, so not really Rogers' fault...? :dunno:

rumeo
09-12-2010, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

Telus and Bell's HSPA doesn't work when you're not in a HSPA service area. Their phones don't failover to 2G (EDGE) or 1G (GSM)....so why make the switch?

The HSPA phones only work on a GSM network, not CDMA, which is Telus and Bell's original network. GSM, EDGE, HSPA based phones do not fail over to CDMA networks.

So if you're running a phone that utilizes 3G, why wouldn't you stay with Rogers?

HSPA coverage between Bellus/Rogers is huge

Suey
09-13-2010, 10:16 AM
Turning off 3G doesn't lose you data. Still works on EDGE(2G) phone will function fine. its just rogers pos 3G network thats why they have EDGE so if there 3g towers die. you have something to fall back on which is normal

Suey
09-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by BokCh0y

He's Right but the thing is Rogers 3G Network dies a lot more often than bellus. Since they've launched there network only died a couple times. plus Bellus covers liek 93% or 97% of canada where rogers barely covers half of canada with their 3G network. Their Edge probably is close to bellus but not 3G

bubbley
09-14-2010, 12:42 PM
DOWN AGAIN??!!?

Cos
09-14-2010, 12:45 PM
Mine just shit the bed HARD

Cos
09-14-2010, 12:48 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaand were back

MilanoRedTeg
09-14-2010, 01:15 PM
My phone is down no calling no texting no ping

GQBalla
09-14-2010, 01:20 PM
my phone was down for about for about bit.
switched to edge. got a buncha texts, pins and emails.

shadowz
09-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Been on SOS since September 1st. Within a 4km Radius in Evergreen. I need to be at least on a second floor level of a home to get 3G reception (tried in two homes) I have been on hold for over 4 hours between the past few weeks, technical support had promised a call back which never did happen even after a tier 2 escalation. Attempted to cancel my phone plan, customer service ended up forwarding me back to tech support where I held for a hour then hung up. Does anyone know what is wrong in the SW???

Swank
09-14-2010, 02:04 PM
My phone and a co-worker's are hit and miss again. This might get me off of being on call ahead of schedule :D

dharminder
09-14-2010, 02:24 PM
kicking between edge and no service. fuck hate rogers this has been going on for the last week or so

charlie_su1986
09-14-2010, 02:31 PM
I'm at horizon ind park, rogers 3G is dead :banghead:

Swank
09-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Update from our Rogers support:

Please note that there is an intermittent system outage with the Rogers 3G Network in the Calgary Area. This outage may impact data and phone service to your iPhone, BlackBerry, or Rocket Stick. Rogers is aware of the problem and is working with engineers to fix the issue.

In the meantime, you can move your services from 3G to *2G by following these steps:

iPhone4:

Setting / General / Network / Slide "enable 3G" to off

BlackBerry Bold (from the home screen):

Manage Connections / Mobile Network Options / Change Network Mode to 2G from "3G & 2G"

*2G will allow your device to work, however, data connection will be at a slower speed.

GQBalla
09-14-2010, 02:44 PM
on edge with my 9700 since 3g went down when i first post.

edge is really slow.

dt calgary

illtim3d
09-14-2010, 05:11 PM
my iphone 3g has been messed up past couple days too. Dropped calls, failed texts and always searching for network (3g):banghead:

BokCh0y
09-14-2010, 05:57 PM
Have they stated exactly WTF is wrong with their network?

Pointless imh to have a 3G phone and run it as 2G.

BMDUBS
09-14-2010, 08:09 PM
I have a first Gen iPhone and it has been having intermittant reception problems now for a month and it is now getting worse? Dropped calls, text dont come nor go out? I thought that there was something wrong with the phone but after reading this thread, it make me think that there is a network issue at hand here? I am going to take my SIM card out and try another phone tomorow and see if I get any better results?

95EG6P
09-14-2010, 08:38 PM
Mine is fucked getting the I phone 4 running on 2 g fuck might as well get a flip phone. For me 3G works on and off says like data not connected

codetrap
09-15-2010, 09:02 AM
I haven't noticed a problem yet. Working just fine all the time, and I use that rogers radio app regularly so the data is chewed up pretty constantly.

JZS_147
09-15-2010, 10:05 AM
I've had my blackberry forced on 2G for over 5 months now, they've been having issues for a while. I'd still rather be with rogers instead of telus or bell. At least they don't triple bill me and charge me for random shit every month.

kenny
09-15-2010, 10:24 AM
I think its time we create and sticky the following on beyond:

1. Official Rogers Outage Reporting Mega Thread
2. Official Telus Outage Reporting Mega Thread
3. Official I Switched Carriers and want to switch back Mega Thread

AaronK
09-15-2010, 10:57 AM
My work phone is Rogers and it has been dropping mass calls and not receiving calls. Fuck Rogers blows...

Prelude_dude
09-15-2010, 03:09 PM
sony ericsson x10 here.. 3g is super slow, and sometimes i just lose reception for like 10-15 mins, like not a single bar, tried battery pull and power downs, nothing, it just comes back when it wants to. Also i've noticed a super decrease in my battery life, but my usage has not changed at all. Probably from always searching for a signal or hunting for 3g. So lame

shadowz
09-28-2010, 09:29 AM
Day 28 with little to no reception in Evergreen. GF's phone does not work at home either (I have a BB she has a iphone both on rogers) Had one call back from the tech, he said they're making changes. Not sure what to do anymore, having a cell phone work half the time is becoming norm