PDA

View Full Version : Habanero Peppers? Anyone know where I can find em?

str8jkt
09-01-2010, 06:00 PM
Anyone know where I can get habanero peppers in Calgary at this time of year?

[Yu]
09-01-2010, 06:17 PM
I always found them at TnT all year.

You can check there if its close by.

dannie
09-01-2010, 08:39 PM
I'm standing in the co-op in the hood on 17th ave se and they have a ton of habanero peppers here

theken
09-01-2010, 08:45 PM
sobeys

sh0ko
09-02-2010, 09:11 AM
safeway

str8jkt
09-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Thanks guys. I'll try T&T.. Safeway, Co-Op and Sobes (down South at least) haven't had them since late July I believe..

Appreciate the help.

Jeremiah
09-02-2010, 10:33 AM
I see them at Sobeys all the time, occassionally at Superstore as well

sdevils15
09-02-2010, 10:40 AM
Co-op downtown has them as well as the ghost chili if you have dare.

chengj
09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
DJ's Market has a very large selection of various types of peppers in stock... Saw habaneros there last week.

Kritafo
09-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by chengj
DJ's Market has a very large selection of various types of peppers in stock... Saw habaneros there last week.

do you know if they have any poblanos?

chengj
09-03-2010, 12:07 PM
Hmm... I don't off the top of my head if they have any in right now.

theken
09-03-2010, 03:05 PM
the sobeys in mckenzie if your in the south has habanero peppers i bought some a couple weeks ago, they have lots.

str8jkt
09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by str8jkt
Thanks guys. I'll try T&T.. Safeway, Co-Op and Sobes (down South at least) haven't had them since late July I believe..

Appreciate the help.

Ugh, the co-op in Quarry Park has a section for it but its been empty for weeks. Made the trek to T&T and they don't have any habanero peppers there (or a space for it even). Will check some of the other locations you guys have mentioned. Thanks again.

chengj
09-07-2010, 11:38 PM
Was at DJs today just before closing and I definitely saw Habaneros, Jalepenos, a bunch of other different types of banana peppers, hot chili peppers and sweet peppers. I can't name them all as they had already started to put away their inventory and so I couldn't read all the labels.

I don't know if they had Pablanos.

theken
09-08-2010, 12:05 AM
u went to quarry park, and from there you went to T&T, instead of going 8 blocks away to the mckenzie sobeys, which they for sure have them, as i have bought them? makes no sense to me

BigDannyCool
09-08-2010, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by theken
u went to quarry park, and from there you went to T&T, instead of going 8 blocks away to the mckenzie sobeys, which they for sure have them, as i have bought them? makes no sense to me

there's also a sobes down the street in riverbend

theken
09-08-2010, 12:57 AM
I haven't been to that one to see if they do or not, I am sure the one in mckenzie has them, as I have actually bought them, less than 2 weeks ago, and I was there yesterday and they had some. He can go wherever he wants if he won't follow advice anwyays. I hope the sobeys sells out of habenero now.

str8jkt
09-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by theken
I haven't been to that one to see if they do or not, I am sure the one in mckenzie has them, as I have actually bought them, less than 2 weeks ago, and I was there yesterday and they had some. He can go wherever he wants if he won't follow advice anwyays. I hope the sobeys sells out of habenero now.

Woah, easy man, WTF?

I posted that I went to the Quarry Park Co-op because I live in Quarry Park hence its almost right across the street from me. I should have clarified in my first post since people were posting things like "If you live in the South you can try.." statements. My bad for not giving more info up front.

I went to T&T because we went downtown to meet some friends for DimSum on the weekend. After that we decided to swing by T&T as we wanted to get some other stuff there you obviously can't get at a Sobeys, etc.. I didn't go to T&T solely because I believed they had Habanero peppers or anything.

And after not finding them at T&T I thought I would thank everyone for their suggestions (including yourself as McKenzie is fairly close to me)..

No need for the attacks?

thecitizen
09-08-2010, 08:06 PM
They sell them at various grocery stores all over the city. I would suggest just keeping an eye out for them when you're grocery shopping, and pick them up when fresh. :dunno: