PDA

View Full Version : where to get leaking/flat tire repaired

sh0ko
09-03-2010, 06:54 AM
hey guys i just noticed my tire is flat and it was recently losing pressure i havent driven it since and was wondering exactly which shop would be GOOD to find where the leak is and patch it up

ive had bad experiences with a shop before and now i want to know what the shop is like beforehand

ive done a few searches and cant find anything

ericchoweg
09-03-2010, 06:56 AM
i just read somewhere on here that kal tire repairs for free:eek:

guessboi
09-03-2010, 08:13 AM
^ yes and only if you want your rims damaged. unless you have steelies...

sillysod
09-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Kal tire repairs for free if they are tires from Kal tire.

JohnnyBlaze
09-03-2010, 08:35 AM
I went to the Kal-tire on 32nd ave NE and to get a nail removed and patched. The tire was not from kal-tire and they did it for free, did a good job with it. The tire was also on a rim, not steelie. All they asked was that I bring in a donation/food donation next time I go in

ExtraSlow
09-03-2010, 08:38 AM
I've had free repairs on the factory alloys of my mazda. Zero Damage. Tires weren't from Kal tire either.
Guy said that they do it to build goodwill and to make "the next" sale.

Although, during winter tire mounting season, I'm sure that free flat repairs are a pretty low priority, so you might have to wait a while. Had mine repaired in the summer, and it was done in a couple hours.

n1zm0
09-03-2010, 08:44 AM
if its obviously in the middle of the tread, i suggest soapy water to find the leak, remove the projectile if there is one, tire plug kit from crappy tire.

we used these at the stealership TONS, i personally never had a customer come back for ones i did, i can attest that these plugs will last until wear bars.

but if its anywhere remotely near the sidewall, get a new tire, quite dangerous upon being compressed taking a corner at high speed!