PDA

View Full Version : oil pan swap

famousausten
09-03-2010, 06:10 PM
so my oil pan has been leakin for about a week now. and i have finally gotten a new one and wondered how easy is it.
i have a 1992 honda civic si hb, d16z6 vtec bitches lol, i know ill have to take off the header and some piping, but what else has anyone have to of had this???

if so please let me know thank you

mugensix
09-03-2010, 06:24 PM
super easy, drain the oil, let it sit, put in the plug, take of the nuts and bolts off the pan in a cross pattern while u brace the pan with an object, like one of those muffler holder pole thingys..
i like to use some sealer to hold the pan gasket in place so it doesnt slide out of position, then put in a couple of bolts hand tight to secure it.
then search up the correct torque for your nuts/bolts and do a criss cross pattern tighten job, dirve her hard, lift her up and see if it held.

EDIT: putting in some oil around 3.5-3.7liters probably would be a good idea LOL !
i think thats what it holds if i can member

whiskas
09-03-2010, 09:30 PM
Changing the oil pan on my neon was one of the messiest jobs I've ever done. Even after waiting several hours for the oil to cool down and collect in the pan I still had oil drip down all over me during the job.

Don't wear clothes that you care about.

jdmgt
09-03-2010, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by famousausten
so my oil pan has been leakin for about a week now. and i have finally gotten a new one and wondered how easy is it.
i have a 1992 honda civic si hb, d16z6 vtec bitches lol, i know ill have to take off the header and some piping, but what else has anyone have to of had this???

if so please let me know thank you

pm sent

G-ZUS
09-04-2010, 03:01 AM
Very easy job, I did one on a integra couple years ago. Drop the exhaust from the downpipe and the crossmember? and then undo the bolts on the pan

famousausten
09-04-2010, 01:48 PM
i looked underneath looks like tranny is in the way is it?

gpomp
09-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Originally posted by famousausten
i looked underneath looks like tranny is in the way is it? you'll have to take off the tranny brace and the inspection plate.

famousausten
09-04-2010, 03:21 PM
can you get the tranny brace off without taking the engine out?

famousausten
09-05-2010, 12:11 AM
thank you for the help guys got it workin now, will end up retqurquin tomorrow