PDA

View Full Version : Anyone work for Telus (business internet)?

UndrgroundRider
09-04-2010, 05:56 PM
Long story short, I'm moving into a new office and trying to get internet there. Shaw and Terago are not options in this building. I would like the Telus ADSL2 15mbit service, which is available in the area, but a Telus sales rep said there are no ports available.

Should I bother waiting for an available port? The tech said there are no waiting lists... how likely is it that capacity will ever be increased? Is there any way to push this along? The tech I talked to seemed to think there was a better chance of seeing Elvis again.

maggief
09-04-2010, 05:58 PM
2 months later you will regret your decision to go with Telus.

UndrgroundRider
09-04-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by maggief
2 months later you will regret your decision to go with Telus.

What "decision"? There's nobody else in this area!

maggief
09-04-2010, 06:15 PM
Have fun with Telus.

Grogador
09-04-2010, 06:19 PM
What kind of connection are you after? Is there (a) neighbor(s) you can share/upgrade/split with? By Shaw, do you mean their BigPipe? Have you looked into Enmax's Envision? They have odd fiber routes (http://www.enmax.com/envision/services/pdf/NetworkMap.pdf) :D

I'm wondering, where is this that there's nothing? If you like, PM me the address and I can look at Shaw's system maps for the area. I could give you some cost estimates for running distribution and a drop, or at least tell you the nearest neighbor to hit up for a wireless bridge. Personally, I'd rather shoot crappy wifi somewhere than deal with Telus. Heck, shoot 2 or 3 and loadbalance them :thumbsup:

95teetee
09-05-2010, 11:56 PM
My Telus 15mb story:
-this is in Drumheller-your mileage may vary. I'll also preface this with the fact that I've had their DSL for probably 7-8 years now, 5mb for the last few, and it's always been good. No downtime to speak of (maybe 24 hours total in all those years) and the speed is always maxed.

I talked to a tech who was working on the same house we were installing windows in last Monday. I asked him when they were getting the 'turbo' service here in Drum. He says 'we just set it up last Friday' so I call up when I get home from work. Sure enough, they just put in 18 ports and they signed me up for one of them. Told me I wouldn't get 15 mb right away (9-12 for the first while while they get everything ironed out-still twice what I get now, so I was fine with that). Signed up, speed increase to happen by end of business Tuesday.

When it still hadn't happened @ noon on Wednesday, I called back. They said everything was done at their end but that a tech needed to come to my house to make some adjustments. They said they would call me back 'in 24 hours' to set up an appointment. I was taking Thursday/Friday off anyway, so this was fine. I also said several times that the delay was fine, I was just ensuring that the upgrade was coming. Which I was assured of.

When they hadn't called back by mid-afternoon Thursday I called them again. They didn't know what I was talking about, and finally after the rep weasled around for about 10 minutes I got out of him that no ports were available because all the ports were given out to other people. AFTER they had signed me up. I was freakin' near irate at this point.

They ended up giving me two months free internet after the ordeal (I think because he had a feeling I was going to come through the line and rip his throat out lol) but I was also given the 'no waiting list' line (I guess I have to time my request with the next batch of added ports:rolleyes: ).

So, in conclusion: Fuck Telus. Fuck them up their stupid asses.
/rant
/vent

p.s. yes, I regret not demanding to speak to a 'supervisor' or whatever they have, and telling them they could just pull one of those 18 names out and give them the rimjob I'd gotten, and give me back my friggin' port:D

Grogador
09-06-2010, 12:02 AM
^ Always ask for the rep's name and their rep number (so you know who to castrate), along with the work order or service call number. That way you know they actually generated one! Nothing happens without one. With Telus it's a bit harder since you're talking to some ESL Indian who gets paid $3 per week...

BokCh0y
09-06-2010, 12:05 AM
I have to agree with Grogador with this. Telus is the ass.

Wonky ass wireless rather than Telus for sure.

95teetee
09-06-2010, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Grogador
^ Always ask for the rep's name and their rep number (so you know who to castrate), along with the work order or service call number. That way you know they actually generated one! Nothing happens without one. With Telus it's a bit harder since you're talking to some ESL Indian who gets paid $3 per week... yep, I know I screwed up by not getting enough info as I went (they gave names, of course, but I wasn't really listening lol)

edit- they just sent me another 'welcome to telus highspeed' email (same as the one they sent me last Monday after I 'upgraded'. Fuckers.