PDA

View Full Version : Soundsaround service..........not so good.

ZMan2k2
12-24-2003, 01:43 PM
Okay, so I went to Soundsaround on 32 ave NE, to get a sub-box built. I'm not so great at doing these things, but anyways, I went on Sunday, and got quoted, had my trunk measured, so-on and so-on. Anyways, I was told that I would get a call on either Mon. or Tues. telling me to come get my box. Well, no call either day, so I go in today to find out wtf is going on. As it turns out, they ran out of wood :confused: , ran out of wood? How does a place that specializes in home/car audio, sells hundreds of these things per week, if not day, run out of something that they'll need on a daily basis? And if that's not bad enough, at least have the courtesy to call me when you said you would, and let me know what's going on. All I can say is, that's one less customer they'll have from now on.

**end rant**

88CRX
12-24-2003, 01:47 PM
this threads gonna get ugly..... i also have had some bad experiences from the south store

thats why i do my own now :D

Barlow
12-24-2003, 01:48 PM
ummm i was getting a custon enclosure built, and the place i went to ran out of fiberglass, think if it this way, they must make a lot of boxes and such if they ran out of wood.

Davetronz
12-25-2003, 02:23 AM
Places run out of stuff.... Not a big deal?!

Has the place or company that you work for ever ran out of something. Did you immediately phone all prospective customers to tell them that you were out of stock?

Team_Mclaren
12-25-2003, 02:32 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

Has the place or company that you work for ever ran out of something. Did you immediately phone all prospective customers to tell them that you were out of stock?

very good point!
u have to understandin that it is Xmas season, and there must be a lot of orderin to do. Im not sayin your wrong but give a little more time! parts are hard to come by during holiday season as well.

itsnotaDUB
12-25-2003, 04:12 AM
sondsaround=:bullshit:

403Gemini
12-25-2003, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
sondsaround=:bullshit:

:werd:

come to futureshop and buy from me! :D

ZMan2k2
12-25-2003, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318

That's fine, I understand that, but he told me, on Wed., that they didn't have any wood when I ordered it, on Sun. They never told me this on Sun., and said that it would be ready for me on Mon. or Tues. That's why I'm a little upset. They didn't have the common courtesy to tell me that they didn't have the materials, and that it would be a couple extra days. They BS'ed me right from the start.

And when I went in on Wed., he told me that he was going to call me and let me know after his lunch. Convienient as well, since I told him that I work nights, and if I wasn't up, he could leave a message with my wife. He didn't want to tell me directly, hoping that I would be sleeping, so that he didn't have to get bitched at by me for not telling me the truth to begin with.

That's why I'm upset. Don't lie to me right from the start, tell me what's going on, and I'll give you respect. Lie to me, and you won't get any of my money.

KoukiS14
12-25-2003, 05:09 AM
I was at burger king once and they were out of buns :dunno:

Mckenzie
12-27-2003, 12:34 PM
They just wanted your money. Soundsaround has a no return/ no refund policy so they just wanted to make the sale, and then make you wait until they have the materials to do so.

Soundsaround salesmen = slimeballs

I will never shop there again after how I and others hav e been treated for the past 6-7 years of electronics buying. :thumbsdow

Ajay
12-27-2003, 01:17 PM
Soundsaround sales people are almost as bad as International Stereo sales people.

I'm curious to know how International Stereo did yesterday in Chinook since it was mad packed.

tegdream
12-27-2003, 01:27 PM
SOundasaround has been perfect for me!!!

no complaints!

CRXguy
12-27-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Ajay
Soundsaround sales people are almost as bad as International Stereo sales people.

I'm curious to know how International Stereo did yesterday in Chinook since it was mad packed.

There was a small line-up, but there was only about 10-15 ppl inside from what I saw. LOL

I went over to Southcentre afterwards, and it was DEAD! :rofl:

SoSlowDx
12-27-2003, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

There was a small line-up, but there was only about 10-15 ppl inside from what I saw. LOL

I went over to Southcentre afterwards, and it was DEAD! :rofl:

:werd: :D

B17a
12-29-2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by NismoS14

Believe it or not, I actually was at a Denny's in the US and they were out of eggs! No shit, I think that's even more unbelieveable than Soundsaround and wood.

celica girl
12-29-2003, 08:55 AM
The Dairy Queen at the U of C told me they were out of ice cream once...
:rolleyes:

hampstor
12-29-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by Mckenzie

Soundsaround salesmen = slimeballs

SOO TRUE! My friend works at the Soundsurround on 32nd Ave NE and even to a friend he tires the sales pitch for extened warranty on me. Nothing like PURE commission sales reps that stalk you around a store :D

mwmhong
12-29-2003, 04:21 PM
An unnamed hotel that I worked at once ran out of toilet paper.
Even the public washrooms were out of paper.
No one could wipe their ass. :D

Some guests had to go out and buy their own and came back with their toilet paper and receipts to show the hotel 'how it is done' :rofl:

Housekeeping was VERY negligent. :thumbsdow

/////AMG
12-29-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by NismoS14

Originally posted by B17a

Believe it or not, I actually was at a Denny's in the US and they were out of eggs! No shit, I think that's even more unbelieveable than Soundsaround and wood.

:werd: :werd:
Went to Subway and they were out of their subway bread (which THEY bake) and they only had 'White' bread and 'Italian' bread. I asked whats the difference? and the lady said that there is no difference, both of them are the same bread.