PDA

View Full Version : First CEL ever... 63000+ Miles

dj_patm
09-05-2010, 05:55 PM
So I got my first, odd CEL today...

I was driving this morning on the highway while it was raining and when I downshifted to pass someone I got a weird, hesitation like feeling, like the engine dropped a bit or something, then the CEL came on.

Right after the hesitation the car felt normal, for the rest of the day while the light was still on. I thought it might have been some water getting into the CAI but I parked it in a dry parkade for for like 2+ hours and it was still on after. Then once I got gas on the drive home, the CEL went away...

I know the light comes on if your cap is loose but I haven't gotten gas in over two weeks or been anywhere near the cap... Plus why would the engine hesitate if it was the cap?

Help, I'm scared...

(P.S. I did get a rear motor mount installed and shifter spacers but that shouldn't trigger a cel should it? I mean I drove the car to the dealer with no rear mount without a cel)

ALSO... might as well throw this in here. When my car is cold and I start driving I get a clear "shaking" sound from the front passenger wheel area when I shift and it goes away once the car warms up... thoughts? I think it's gotten worse since the mm install. It's only when I shift as well, not bumps, turns or anything like that. Just a bad sounding "shake" sound when shifting...

Shlade
09-05-2010, 06:07 PM
remove the negative battery cable, leave it off for a few min, then put it back on. The CEL will go away. Where abouts do you live? Before you do this If your anywhere close I could run the codes and see what pops up.

PM me if your in the south.

dj_patm
09-05-2010, 06:17 PM
It's already gone. But I will definitely PM you if to comes back (im in somerset)

VetteRacin
09-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Go to a shop and get it scanned, the light came on because something happened with one of the sensors causing the light and hesitation

Scuderia
09-05-2010, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by VetteRacin
Go to a shop and get it scanned, the light came on because something happened with one of the sensors causing the light and hesitation

Thanks tips.

Tik-Tok
09-05-2010, 08:50 PM
Coilpack

vengie
09-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Check your plugs, sounds like a mis-fire to me.

Shlade
09-05-2010, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by dj_patm
It's already gone. But I will definitely PM you if to comes back (im in somerset)

Oh, perfect your in my area then! Just shoot me a PM if you wanna check it out sometime.