PDA

View Full Version : Bodyworlds technology

Modelexis
09-05-2010, 06:46 PM
Went to the body worlds show today to see what it's all about. (really enjoyed the exhibits)
My printer is constantly out of ink and I didn't feel like going to any lengths to print it out. Instead I took a screenshot of the pdf and saved it on my iphone so I could easily pull it up at the gate to be scanned.

What I found when I got to the gate was that not only is the barcode not scanned at the gate, and the number below the barcode is meaningless... but they wouldn't let me in the gate without first going to the service desk and having it printed out by the droid at the gate.

I walked up to the droid woman and showed it my ticket, and it's motherboard nearly fried! The droid needed my name to lookup my ticket.

I noticed at the gate the person letting people through was tearing off the barcode and dropping it in a box.
So while I was at the desk talking to the droid I asked it how they are
A) able to tell a fake (photoshop)
B) prevent me from printing out several copies and handing them out.

It was a theoretical q, since I had already bought my ticket and have some basic ethics.

It responded by making up some elaborate story about how they scan them before you get in, just a total load of crap.... and so I didn't argue with the droid and was on my way.

cliffs: Ticket barcode is meaningless and as long as you hand them a piece of paper with what looks like a ticket, you are allowed in.

They have the technology to preserve every single tendon and blood vessel and every form of fetus but they haven't mastered the barcode scanner devices.

Cool story bro :dunno:

rx7boi
09-06-2010, 05:12 PM
wat is dis i dont even????

RickDaTuner
09-06-2010, 05:20 PM
You've been watching Spike all day, haven't you

e31
09-06-2010, 06:29 PM
This is nothing; In Russia for very special occasions they re-animate Lenin. I believe this is done in the same fashion that Bob Barker currently uses.

No tickets/bar-codes required as the event is free to all. Donations of Formaldehyde and/or Vodka are welcome though.

:Thread successfully derailed; Troll post wins:

RY213
09-06-2010, 06:36 PM
LOL WUT?

st184
09-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Oh I completely agree with you, last time I went they shone a light at my barcode but it didnt beep. They told me to go outside and talk to the parking control officer who said that they dont allow Catholics inside. I ran around the building twice to find the escape hatch but it wasn't there.

Cliffs notes: the escape hatch is missing.

CUG
09-06-2010, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by st184
Oh I completely agree with you, last time I went they shone a light at my barcode but it didnt beep. They told me to go outside and talk to the parking control officer who said that they dont allow Catholics inside. I ran around the building twice to find the escape hatch but it wasn't there.

Cliffs notes: the escape hatch is missing. :rofl: :rofl:

Content: Beat it, just beat it.

No one wants to be defeated
Showin' how funky and strong is your fight
It doesn't matter who's wrong or right
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it
Just beat it, beat it

illtim3d
09-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by e31
This is nothing; In Russia for very special occasions they re-animate Lenin. I believe this is done in the same fashion that Bob Barker currently uses.

LOL too funny :rofl:

On a serious note; when does the bodyworlds exhibition end?