PDA

View Full Version : Cheap storage yards?

Shlade
09-06-2010, 03:21 PM
I have the oppertunity to buy back the car I mistakebly sold to a friend, which got stolen and stripped from him.

Having a lot.. and I mean A LOT of sentimental value I really want to buy the car back. I cant store it at my house tho because I have no room. I want it to be a project that I can work on for the next few years.

Anybody have any ideas where In calgary I can drop the car off and pay relativley cheap rent to store the car? It has no engine or transmission. Just basically a rolling chassis.

TIA!!!

Squishy
09-06-2010, 04:27 PM
You could look on kijiji or something maybe and find someone with a garage that you can pay them to rent?

Shlade
09-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Ive looked on Kijiji and not much luck! need something that Im able to easily to get to and work on the car.

ReasonOne
09-06-2010, 10:34 PM
I know a guy who owns a storage yard down in the south not far from the Pick and Pull.

I've had a car stored there for 4 years without incident. He charges between $50-75/month. He will sometimes give a cheaper rate if you pay several months in advance. Some of his storage is covered and some is out in the open (I don't think he has any covered storage remaining). If this ball park price sounds fair I can have a chat with him if you want.

Just PM me your name, number and type of vehicle (so I at least have an idea of an approximate size) and I will pass on his info. He kind of likes referrals from existing renters as he has had much less trouble with deadbeats paying rent regularly this way. Al's an odd - but fair - crusty old man.

Sounds good?

Tomaz
09-06-2010, 11:20 PM
PM'd

Graham_A_M
09-07-2010, 07:47 PM
East side Storage in Airdrie stored my summer cars for me for about 5 winters. Outside storage is about $25-30/month (it was $25 when I left) Indoor storage is $100/month for it.

Over all its a nice clean place, with friendly service. If you dont plan on visiting the car much I'd recommend that, as Airdrie is a bit of a drive if you have to visit the car often.

Yeah dont rent a garage from Kijiji; as you can expect to pay $100-250/month for a single or perhaps double garage.

Ultimately if you do decide to go that route send me a PM, as I know a few landlords that typically have a bunch of garages available for this sort of use.

shivam
09-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Hi folks, according to me you can purchase sheds that are the size of a garage or even bigger. They are probably upwards of $1000+, so they are pretty expensive. Just type in 'outdoor building' into google and you will see some sites that list large shed with the pricing...