PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Vacant Erlton/Stampede land??

tedstriker
09-06-2010, 10:22 PM
Hi,

Does anyone know the plans for the vacant land just south of Talisman Centre near MacLeod Train & 25th ave SW? I see they've cleared away some of the old houses and might be preparing to build something. Anyone know what, and the time frame for the project to begin? I'm hoping their might be some sort of Real Estate opportunity there as it is a pretty prime location.

kenny
09-07-2010, 01:45 AM
There was a plan for an interchange at Macleod and 25th back in 2008-9 or so, but the project was never approved. City could be buying up the land for the future though. IIRC they were going to extend 25th ave so it connected with blackfoot (interchange)

you&me
09-07-2010, 06:27 AM
Most of the land is owned by Anthem Properties, who are currently building the Waterfront condos in Eau Claire. Anthem has stated once they're done with Waterfront, they'll proceed with the Earlton site. This is all market dependent, of course.

As far as opportunity goes, I believe they've assembled all of the land they require for the project. Your best bet to catch a lift is on another property close by, as the Anthem project will likely be a catalyst for further redevelopment in the area. Don't forget though, this is all likely at least 5 years out.