PDA

View Full Version : FS: 99.5 VW Jetta TDI - parts car or fixer

quazimoto
09-07-2010, 01:21 AM
***[ NOTICE TO SELLERS ]***
If you are selling a vehicle, please use the template below. All fields must be filled out, if you do not know some details of your vehicle go find out before posting. Please also ensure you have pictures as many people will ask for them. If you haven't done so already, make sure your subject line is in this format: \"FS: YEAR COLOR MAKE MODEL TRIM\" (example: FS: 1993 Black Honda Civic DX)

Remove this entire notice before posting!
***[ END NOTICE ]***

Vehicle Details
Year : 1999.5
Make and Model : VW Jetta TDI
Exterior Color : Black
Interior Color : Grey
Auto or Manual? : 5 speed
Odometer Reading : 240,000
Location of Vehicle : Calgary
Description :
Extras :
Asking Price : $2,500 OBO

Contact Information
E-Mail : [email protected]
Phone :

Pictures :

I'm going to be adding some pictures when I get the chance. Basically I have a 99.5 VW Jetta TDI that I am either going to sell or part out. The engine was in relatively good shape until a recent incident and due to time constraints I won't be fixing the car. Not entirely sure what is wrong with the motor, we just know there are some internal problems. Most likely needs a rebuilt head, re-adjust timing, etc. These vehicles sell for a fair penny and run like no tomorrow and get great gas mileage. So if one of you beyonders wants to take on a project here's your chance.

The good.

Equipped with a Kerma TDI ecu which has nicer maps and gets rid of the nasty egr system on these tdis.

VNT15 Turbocharger on the vehicle is roughly 1 year old with 20,000 kms on it, so the turbo is brand new.

Timing belt was recently done within the past 9 months

Tires on the vehicle were purchased just before christmas. All season tires that are in great condition.

Exhaust was replaced at the same time of the turbocharger.

The bad.

Internal engine issue not allowing the vehicle to start. Not 100% sure on issue but suspect the head will need a rebuild.

Passenger side fender and front grill need to be replaced.

Asking $2,500 OBO for the vehicle in as is. If I don't get any interested parties I'll likely just part it out since most of the valuable parts on the vehicle can be stripped off for a similar price tag.

If interested please pm me.

quazimoto
09-12-2010, 07:52 AM
Going to drop price to $2,000. Hard to find a better deal than this. Seriously consider that the turbocharger, ecu and injection pump alone are in the $1,500 price bracket. It's a good deal for somebody that wants to fix it. A little over 1,000 KMs per tank as well.

know1edge
09-12-2010, 09:05 AM
how much for the hood?

ricosuave
09-12-2010, 09:08 AM
If you end up parting out, pls let me know

quazimoto
09-12-2010, 11:00 AM
I will consider it i'd just prefer to move it in one piece. Right now I have no doubt I can sell it for a similar amount in parts it's just more work for me without the time. I already have offers on the turbocharger, ECU, injection pump and other little parts that add up to $1500.

There is a remote chance that all that the engine needs is for the timing belt to come off and have the timing re-alligned. I'm not going to say that's a 100% thing but it is a distinct possibility.

corsvette
09-13-2010, 04:44 PM
PM sent

quazimoto
09-18-2010, 05:46 AM
Here we go, final price drop. $1600 FIRM. You can pay using cash, debit, visa, mastercard or amex as well since I have my own merchant account.

http://www.khphotography.ca/car1.jpg

http://www.khphotography.ca/car2.jpg

http://www.khphotography.ca/car3.jpg

Scuderia
09-18-2010, 12:52 PM
If you part it out, do you have the drivers floor mat? PM if you do.

cr3on
11-21-2010, 03:59 PM
you still have this for parts?

G-ZUS
11-21-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by cr3on
you still have this for parts?

OP is banned:facepalm: