PDA

View Full Version : Detailing

star-k
09-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Myself and a few friends are thinking of bringing our vehicle into a detail shop. I have a few friends say never get it done and a few say get it done. Is there a reason why we should not get our cars detailed?? Can some people help out here because I need to make a decision.

Zhariak
09-07-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by star-k
Myself and a few friends are thinking of bringing our vehicle into a detail shop. I have a few friends say never get it done and a few say get it done. Is there a reason why we should not get our cars detailed?? Can some people help out here because I need to make a decision.

I beleive there is a sponsor on here that will probably answer your post here soon.

The key thing is, don't be cheap. Pay to get it detailed, not just cleaned. Take it somewhere to professionals, not just the closest cheapest place.

Always check reviews, etc...

What kinda car are we talking about?

star-k
09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
BLack

Wehbeast
09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Can't go wrong with sponsor Inline6Turbo

rogermiles
09-17-2010, 02:15 AM
I agree with you!!!

Originally posted by Wehbeast
Can't go wrong with sponsor Inline6Turbo

inline6turbo
09-17-2010, 07:51 AM
I'd like to know some of the supporting reasons behind the opinions of never get it done. Why would they say that? Perhaps due to a bad experience? Many places will cut corners to save time (polishing it improperly, spray painting carpets or mats right over stains/dirt, using to harsh of chemicals etc) and that could leave it looking worse then before the service. Getting it done at a reputable place may cost a bit more but in the end, would guarantee (hopefully, I can't speak for everyone) no corners cut and quality work.

Ps: Thanks for the props guys :D

Afrodeziak
09-17-2010, 11:54 AM
I think a lot of people think detailing is bad because of the chemicals used. ie. greasy car interior from crappy sprays, etc.

inline6turbo
09-17-2010, 01:16 PM
Oh ya, forgot about those. That's right, lots of places will spray on vinyl dressing that leaves the dashes shiny. You can just ask for that not to be applied, they should be accomodating in that request.

Sugarphreak
09-17-2010, 03:43 PM

inline6turbo
09-17-2010, 04:13 PM
Did you get photo shoot done of it? I haven't seen any floating around :(

Sugarphreak
09-17-2010, 04:16 PM

ercchry
09-17-2010, 04:16 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
Did you get photo shoot done of it? I haven't seen any floating around :(

dave has posted one teaser in the latest photo thread

Disoblige
09-17-2010, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by inline6turbo
spray painting carpets or mats right over stains/dirt, using to harsh of chemicals etc)
My god, really? Spray painting? How can that not be caught? lol.. Damn some detailers.

inline6turbo
09-17-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Sugarphreak
I think Dave is still working on them, I saw a few sneak peaks so far... looks amazing!

Originally posted by ercchry

dave has posted one teaser in the latest photo thread

Dope! I'm looking forward to seeing them. I hope they're not to overprocessed, low light pictures can be pretty awesome :D

Originally posted by Disoblige

My god, really? Spray painting? How can that not be caught? lol.. Damn some detailers.

Oh you have no idea lol. I've seen some pretty crazy things. I had one guy from another shop say, and I quote "we vacuum up the rocks before we spray it because they'll flip over and be half black, half brown and make it obvious"

I laughed

Oh and another one, "We don't polish it, we apply a filler that hides the scratches. Sure it washes off after a couple car washes, but if it looks good when the customer picks it up, that's all that matters."

:facepalm:

In the end it just makes me look better :clap: haha