PDA

View Full Version : Calgarians + Brights

creeper
09-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Dear Calgarians, please turn off your high beams in the city.

Isn't there a bright blue light on your dashboard indicating that your blinding obnoxiously bright lights happen to be on, in the middle of a brightly lit city. Why don't you notice when other people are flashing you for multiple street blocks?

I know that you are busy texting on your way to the nearest 'ultralounge', but please, check those ma' fuckin' britez.

JordanAndrew
09-07-2010, 09:37 PM
+1

Trucks that are lifted also piss the hell out of me. They blind you like no tomorrow. Same goes with those ricers who install HID without the proper retrofits.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-07-2010, 09:40 PM
For every asshole with his brights or fogs on, I take my rage out in my lifted truck haha.

Xtrema
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
U sure those are not cheap HID with halogen reflectors?

BokCh0y
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew
+1

Trucks that are lifted also piss the hell out of me. They blind you like no tomorrow. Same goes with those ricers who install HID without the proper retrofits.

THIS.

TomcoPDR
09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
+1

I find some of the new Toyota Tundra (SPECIFICALLY) are so fuckin' bright with these new H7 bulbs already.

Canucks3322
09-07-2010, 10:23 PM
Maybe get your eyes checked out cuz it's not that big a deal. :dunno:

Little Dragon
09-07-2010, 10:35 PM
I HATE those damn ricers with their shitty HIDs, blind the shit out of everyone. :thumbsdow

If you have those in your car...take them out, you are not cool.

Ven
09-07-2010, 10:50 PM
Driving my GF's car makes it feel like everyone has their damn high beams on, especially those assholes in the big diesel trucks. So I avoid driving her car as much as possible and stick to my F350 diesel :)

People flash me ALL the time thinking my high beams are on when they're not. Stock height truck, with the original 5 year old halogens. I always return the favor when I'm flashed, just so they know what bright really is. :guns:

JordanAndrew
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Maybe get your eyes checked out cuz it's not that big a deal. :dunno:

Maybe you need to get your eyes checked because it can be a big deal. High beams can temporarily blind you for a few seconds which may cause an accident. I know you can avoid it by not looking at the lights but sometimes it catches you off guard, especially in the back roads when high beams are used more often. Same with highway driving.

luxor
09-08-2010, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Ven

People flash me ALL the time thinking my high beams are on when they're not. Stock height truck, with the original 5 year old halogens. I always return the favor when I'm flashed, just so they know what bright really is. :guns:

Just because your highs aren't on doesn't mean you aren't blinding people. Your headlight beam may be off factory spec and aimed too high, ever thought of that? Go get them checked instead of flashing back at people thinking they are the idiots, especially seeing as how you get flashed at ALL the time.

:facepalm:

Ven
09-08-2010, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by luxor

Just because your highs aren't on doesn't mean you aren't blinding people. Your headlight beam may be off factory spec and aimed too high, ever thought of that? Go get them checked instead of flashing back at people thinking they are the idiots, especially seeing as how you get flashed at ALL the time.

:facepalm:

Poor muffin. Did an inconsiderate motorist flash back at you? :cry:

ZorroAMG
09-08-2010, 02:48 AM
Man, I was cruizin on crowchild at 2am and some asshole cop kept blinding me with his lows. My civ sits fukkin low, so like what gives, brah!

Cooked Rice
09-08-2010, 03:35 AM
New vehicles are horrible for super bright low beams(as mentioned above with the new Tundra, their lows are bright as hell). I can't even tell now a days. But really it's silly getting upset about it. Nothing is worst than flashing your highs at someone, who you think have their brights on, and then have them flash you back with their actual brights, and you're seeing stars for the next half a dozen blocks.

Another thing too, is make sure you have a clean windshield. Cause a dirty one with grime all over the inside makes oncoming lights 10x worst than it actually is.

topmade
09-08-2010, 07:12 AM
I do a lot of driving and I'd say that it's usually bright lights, projectors not adjusted properly or your car is too low/their car is jacked up. You can spot brights pretty easily but I don't think that is the case normally.

dexlargo
09-08-2010, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322
Maybe get your eyes checked out cuz it's not that big a deal. :dunno: It hasn't been a safety issue for me, but it sure is annoying. I had some guy driving behind me the other day with his high beams on and they were so bright that in the middle of the day it was painful when I checked my mirrors.

Why the high beams in the middle of the day? And also, even at night, why the high beams in the city? What benefit does it give the driver except to piss everybody else off?

supe
09-08-2010, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
For every asshole with his brights or fogs on, I take my rage out in my lifted truck haha.

Are fog lights really a problem?

kvg
09-08-2010, 08:55 AM
+1

Same goes with those ricers who install HID without the proper retrofits.
I hate 99% of the hid conversions because of this, but even worse tons of trucks have done this too:banghead:

Abeo
09-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by supe

Are fog lights really a problem?

Not when they are aimed correctly, or don't have 85W bulbs in them. Unfortunately, the amount of people with misaligned fogs from running into snowbanks is rather high.

3 cars I find that drive around with their brights on in the city the most: New civics, new corollas, new camrys

G-ZUS
09-08-2010, 09:02 AM
i wear sunglasses at night :D

whiskas
09-08-2010, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Abeo
New civics, new corollas, new camrys

I knew an older lady at work who had been driving with her brights on ever since she bought her new civic because she just thought you had to crank the knob all the way.

People who drive those cars usually don't give a fuck about driving and are generally ignorant in that regard.

freshprince1
09-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by Ven
Driving my GF's car makes it feel like everyone has their damn high beams on, especially those assholes in the big diesel trucks. So I avoid driving her car as much as possible and stick to my F350 diesel :)

I remember when I learned the difference between truck lights and regular lights. I rarely flash anyone, but driving home from skiing years ago I was on highway 8 and got sick and tired of everyone's brights. Then I saw him. Some douchebage truck with brights on. So I flashed...and snickered a little. Well, apparently his brights were not on, he flashed back and sweet mercy I thought someone dropped a Hydrogen Bomb out there. Pretty sure he burned my retena's and peeled the paint off the front of my car. Damn those things were bright. I don't flash trucks.

rc2002
09-08-2010, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
i wear sunglasses at night :D

I find that I have to wear sunglasses too.

This is one of my biggest peeves and I've found there are quite a few categories:

1.) Ignorant pricks who actually have their high beams on and don't realize it. People have to be pretty big retards not to know what the blue light on their dash means. Plus lighting up the back of people's heads and lighting up street signs from 500m away should be a pretty big hint.
2.) People who have been in accidents and haven't bothered to adjust their lights.
3.) Tundras, FJ Cruisers, New Jeeps, who have high cutoff beam patterns from factory.
4.) Asshole ricers with HIDs installed in halogen housings.
5.) People who buy cheap vehicles from the US and use a ghetto DRL conversion that activates the high beams at 100% intensity.
6.) Lifted trucks.

speedog
09-08-2010, 10:57 AM
Blue light on the dash - not true on many vehicles. But regardless, will agree that there are way too many vehicles out there that having lighting issues although it's not so extreme that one should need sun glasses at night (unless of course, you're a Corey Hart fan).

seer_claw
09-08-2010, 11:01 AM
+1

Wait until truck start adding HID's without a proper retrofit. There are a couple that I have the mispleasure of seeing in the early morning going to work. Nothing worse than a lifted dodge and HID's in both fog lights and low beams.

Mibz
09-08-2010, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ZorroAMG
Man, I was cruizin on crowchild at 2am and some asshole cop kept blinding me with his lows. My civ sits fukkin low, so like what gives, brah! This burn deserves some credit.

mr2mike
09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
Is scat19 banned? I don't see his reply.

ZorroAMG
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
This burn deserves some credit.

:angel:

heavyD
09-08-2010, 02:06 PM
What is this fascination young kids have with blindingly bright lights? Young guys on the EVO forums complaining that the stock HID's aren't bright enough (IMO they are excellent) so they have to go with higher wattage balasts and higher output bulbs. They not only end up blinding everyone but don't even significantly improve the useable light and it doesn't matter how many times you tell them that fog lights aren't supposed to be bright they still have to put HID's in.:facepalm:

mr2mike
09-08-2010, 02:18 PM
The only hope is they melt the housing or the wiring, then maybe lessons will be learned.

Too bad the latest trend can't go back to the smoked headlight covers of the 90's.

Hash_man
09-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Originally posted by creeper
Dear Calgarians, please turn off your high beams in the city.

Isn't there a bright blue light on your dashboard indicating that your blinding obnoxiously bright lights happen to be on, in the middle of a brightly lit city. Why don't you notice when other people are flashing you for multiple street blocks?

I know that you are busy texting on your way to the nearest 'ultralounge', but please, check those ma' fuckin' britez.

I notice this shit so much lately... It seems like 25% of the drivers on the road either don't know how to turn their headlights on at night, or don't know how to turn their fuckin brights off! :guns:

PS. Creeper... give me a shout next week.