PDA

View Full Version : Mounting digital Cameras

star-k
09-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Hi All,

I figure I start a thread and discussion about mounting cameras inside our vehicles. This would be particularly hand and helpful to document our driving in case of any need arising that the video can show.

IE.
-unapparent speeding / racing tickets
-traffic at fault etc.

A number of months ago, according to (1) CPS officer, I have recently been issued a "racing" ticket along with ~(17), yes seventeen (17) other drivers that were along side. Luckily I have several recorded segments of video to prove mine and many other innocence. Unfortunately my court date is not until NEXT YEAR!! this is a major indication that the traffic court laws are literally overbooked with traffice violations.. two years ago it was NEVER like that..

I think it is time that we as motorists empower ourselves, since the city is arming themselves with new radar technology, red light cameras, speed traps, officers making quotas, I think this is a fairly good way to keep ourselves safe have a good record of our own driving. Because you never know... Just like the "racing" ticket ordeal... I was LUCKY to have thought "Just in case, I'll record this if anything happens" So I mounted my digital camera and recorded video.

Input is welcome, PM's are welcome.

VW337
09-08-2010, 02:06 AM
If you're talking about the ordeal on Stoney Trail, I was there as well.

EvolizePhoto
09-08-2010, 02:26 AM
Details on this ordeal?

4lti
09-08-2010, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
Details on this ordeal?

+1

chkolny541
09-08-2010, 02:56 AM
car cruise,
cops pulled everyone over and gave em all racing tickets, ????,
profit

i have a driving cam attached with my carputer, ill get a pic tomo, auto records when the car turns on.

VW337
09-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
Details on this ordeal?

http://atomic.speculation.org/Blog/2010-06-25+Calgary+Police+Corruption+And+Harassment

Now back on topic...

Crymson
09-08-2010, 12:51 PM
try to get some cop to perjur himself in the face of your evidence to the contrary.

katelim
09-09-2010, 10:59 AM
The sad thing about cops who usually ask you to stop without any violation just to reach their daily quotas, well digital camera on car is really very helpful in cases such as abusive cops.

cloud7
09-09-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
try to get some cop to perjur himself in the face of your evidence to the contrary.

If I am the judge, I won't be very impressed at the CPS for putting these groundless charges in front of the court... a waste of time and money. This also needs to be higher profile after the court side in your favour... like on the news so that people knows what went on. This will deter the CPS from pulling stunts like this to law abiding citizens and wasting taxpayers money.

VW337
09-10-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by cloud7

If I am the judge, I won't be very impressed at the CPS for putting these groundless charges in front of the court... a waste of time and money. This also needs to be higher profile after the court side in your favour... like on the news so that people knows what went on. This will deter the CPS from pulling stunts like this to law abiding citizens and wasting taxpayers money.

The newspapers and television stations have already been called. None of them will do a story until after the court dates.

FivE.SeveN
09-10-2010, 01:28 AM
Sit tight, I'm building a custom system right now - tiny linux box in the trunk, USB camera pointing forward, touchscreen + bluetooth for i/o. Just for the same reasons exactly. Ill put some pics up once I get the power supply wired properly.

star-k
09-13-2010, 10:20 PM
Smart Man!

I'd like to get a backup camera too! that would come in handy!!

Also great for recording everything that happens around your car! even when parked at night (security etc)

how much work would that be Five Seven?

shivam
09-16-2010, 10:33 PM
Use a 1/4-20 bolt. Just make sure it isn't too long since you can easily damage your camera if it is. Actually, I'd try to find a used tripod head to mount the camera on and then attach the head to whatever bracket you devise.