PDA

View Full Version : Car Salon on 32nd Ave NE

copynpaste
09-07-2010, 11:15 PM
After today Im very impressed with the outstanding service there. They didnt even charge me labour for 30min job and Chad the front counter guy spent t he time to go over my work in detail and answer all my questions thoroughly. Very good place, expensive though...$800 for comstar alarm/remote with installation wow. :eek: I didnt buy their alaarm, no way id pay that much.

Graham_A_M
09-08-2010, 07:58 PM
Wow, you should have went a few doors down to Grand Car audio. Ringo has installed a few alarms for me over the years, and I've paid about half IF that for a decent two way alarm. :dunno:

$800? They should've left a bottle of fine Single Malt in the glove box along with a few other things. Youch thats a lot of coin.

Tik-Tok
09-08-2010, 08:26 PM
Wait, didn't you also post how the Car Salon wants $700 for a $200 front strut job?

Yeah, props to them :facepalm:

copynpaste
09-08-2010, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Wow, you should have went a few doors down to Grand Car audio. Ringo has installed a few alarms for me over the years, and I've paid about half IF that for a decent two way alarm. :dunno:

$800? They should've left a bottle of fine Single Malt in the glove box along with a few other things. Youch thats a lot of coin.

No no no I was asking about alarm prices there but way too pricey for me. I got an autostart installed today, 1 way combo with remote starter for $250cash installed. 2 private guys who have 12yrs exp. working at visions, future shop doing installs did it.

No way in hell id pay $800 for an alarm. The 2 guys who installed mine today can install the compustar top of the line with 5000ft range and LCD keypad for $650. Thats a good bargain!

Graham_A_M
09-08-2010, 09:33 PM
^ Oh Im sorry, I miss-understood you.

That.Guy.S30
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
wtf is going on in this thread

beyond_ban
09-08-2010, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs
wtf is going on in this thread :werd: :nut:

SCHIDER23
09-09-2010, 07:40 AM
:confused: :confused:

Tomaz
09-09-2010, 09:49 AM
:facepalm: <--- My head hurts now. lol

Modelexis
09-09-2010, 11:33 AM
2 Visions guys that work at Future shop that didn't charge you labour to install your alarm at the Car Salon on 32nd ave.

Makes sense.....:nut:

SLL
10-05-2010, 10:45 AM
THe car salon is the worst company ever when you try to tell them your not happy with their services. They will wait....make excuses....blame the customer...wait some more.... NEVER return a call. They will fire the person responsible but will never accept responsibilty. Then after they wait some more ....the complaining custmer will just go away. I'm not saying they are not capable of doing good work (they have been around) but good luck if your not satisfied.

Mar
10-05-2010, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by copynpaste
Very good place, expensive though...$800 for comstar alarm/remote with installation wow. :eek: I didnt buy their alaarm, no way id pay that much.
WTF? I had mine installed at CMS for $450. Did you want all the extras hooked up too or something? Power windows and all that junk?

Originally posted by copynpaste
I got an autostart installed today, 1 way combo with remote starter for $250cash installed. 2 private guys who have 12yrs exp. working at visions, future shop doing installs did it.

No way in hell id pay $800 for an alarm. The 2 guys who installed mine today can install the compustar top of the line with 5000ft range and LCD keypad for $650. Thats a good bargain!
No way I'd let Visions/Futureshop installers touch anything in my car for any price. And you still overpaid at $650, got ripped off by $200.

Disoblige
10-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I would never bring my car to car salon because of their hit and miss service and being overpriced. After seeing many horror stories and their varied customer service, I cannot stand going to a place where I need to worry that the job might be done great on one occasion, but fk'ed up the next.

I'm glad your experience was good though copynpaste. Also I'd recommend looking under at the wires to see how well they did the install (i.e wires not everywhere, etc.)

copynpaste
10-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Guys I never got my car alarm/remote start at Car Salon haha. I was just asking for a quote the time I was there about a month ago and they quoted me $800. Again no way in hell would I pay that much.

I got my alarm/remote start from a couple guys who have 12+ yrs in car audio/alarm installs and run a business out of their garage. They put it in for $260 installed and has been running perfect.

And when I think of it now, Im not impressed with Car Salon at all after telling me I need to replace my front struts and quoted me $700 when I got a second and third inspection on them and absolutely nothing wrong with them. Dishonest mechanic shops who try to pinch every dollar out of me just for the part sale and labour is an IMMEDIATE reason for me to never go back to them.