PDA

View Full Version : Why wouldn't I want to buy an F650?

M.alex
09-08-2010, 01:51 AM
I've been looking at F650s lately.

- You're a tank and impervious to damage from 99% of road vehicles out there

- You can haul a lot of stuff

- You get decent gas mileage (15-18mpg)

- Drivetrain can go for like a million miles

- a 2-3yr old one is fairly cheap

- You're a tank

I'm failing to find a downside with the F650 .... but I have ot be overlooking something, else everybody would be driving one for the hell of it :confused:

slinkie
09-08-2010, 01:55 AM
i also contemplate daily-driving an f650 at 2am
why doesn't everyone do it

Cooked Rice
09-08-2010, 04:47 AM
I don't think a F650 fits in well with tanks if that's what you're looking for. I would personally prefer something with a large caliber gun, and although the frame is very strong, the cabin would not survive enemy fire quite well. The windows are a big too large for my liking, something with a periscope would be better suited; flying rocks could easily crack the windows jeopardizing their structural integrity . It's size isn't bad, but you may still have issues getting under some garages and underground parking spaces. You risk damaging the cab when driving under low clearance obstacles. If this F650 had a gun, you could use high explosive shells to destroy any clearance issues in the way, and if it had tracks, easily drive over the mess.

May I suggest a M1 instead?

Shlade
09-08-2010, 04:55 AM
Get an H1

blueToy
09-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Originally posted by M.alex

I'm failing to find a downside with the F650 .... but I have ot be overlooking something, else everybody would be driving one for the hell of it :confused:

Fuel mileage is not correctly stated .

Insurance would be high .

Parking would be a nightmare and everybody else would look at you like the moron who just can't help himself from showing the world he has a small " package " and over compensates for it . You know , like the twenty-something douches that drive around now in jacked trucks and white sunglasses .

Yes it's a tank . It might be impressive in Fort Crack where the average IQ is slightly above knuckle dragging , but most folks in Calgary you already noticed don't get too excited
. See , driving around on other folks' bumpers trying to intimidate them out of your way only works for a short while until you piss off the wrong person who complains to the cops , or the cops themselves see you . By then , you've just attracted the wrong attention and if being harassed by the cops isn't bad enough , then you'll have to try and sell the thing and you'll end up getting raped there too . In the end , it'll be a expensive lesson and everyone who knows you will think you're really a douchbag and when you're not looking they'll be pointing at you and laugh at you're being a Homer .

Hope that helps clear up the confusion .....
:clap:

Shlade
09-08-2010, 06:42 AM
lol do you know how much money he has? :rofl: Im surprised he doesnt bloat about it more! ....... wait..

SKR
09-08-2010, 07:05 AM
The downside would be the rolling coal dummies on Beyond sticking up for you every time someone called you an asshole.

gretz
09-08-2010, 07:46 AM
but I have ot be overlooking something

Uh, its a FORD.... there's your first mistake lol

Redlyne_mr2
09-08-2010, 08:04 AM
What a great choice for an urban vehicle. :confused:

craigcd
09-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Cant remember all the regulations around GVW but depending on weight you may have to carry a log book. That would suck.

Idratherbsidewayz
09-08-2010, 08:56 AM

- You're a tank and impervious to damage from 99% of road vehicles out there

- You can haul a lot of stuff

- You get decent gas mileage (15-18mpg)

- Drivetrain can go for like a million miles

- a 2-3yr old one is fairly cheap

- You're a tank

The F650 with your giant biceps and petite legs is a great combination. EVERYONE will know you have a tiny dick.

AndyL
09-08-2010, 09:16 AM
You're forgetting... You cant park it in a residential neighbourhood... Max 1.5ton.

Lex350
09-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Oh great...another oversized truck on the road that their driver can't park worth shit!

Muji
09-08-2010, 09:59 AM
Cause an F750 would be better:

http://www.projo.com/projocars/content/CA-F750_12-17-08_PCCL92S_v13.26267dc.html

Can you wear a mullet well?

alloroc
09-08-2010, 11:10 AM
If you are gay then it is the perfect vehicle for you.

If not, you might want to ask the wife/gf how she feels about climbing in and out of it wearing a skirt or dress.

M.alex
09-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Muji
Cause an F750 would be better:

http://www.projo.com/projocars/content/CA-F750_12-17-08_PCCL92S_v13.26267dc.html

Can you wear a mullet well?

fuel tanks giving him a range of around 2,500 miles

The would be one hell of a fill-up every few months .. could you imagine the cashiers face as he's wondering if it's a mistake that the pump is saying you just put in 900ish litres :rofl:

Originally posted by blueToy

Fuel mileage is not correctly stated .

Every board I've read says between 12 and 18, with 15 being the average figure :dunno:

15 is still more than an SRT-8 Jeep, so for a ?13?tonne vehicle I'd say that's damn impressive.

VW337
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
We have an F650 at work. It's really annoying to drive around the city and it's always in the shop. They have Cat engines in them also and maitenance isn't cheap.

M.alex
09-08-2010, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by VW337
We have an F650 at work. It's really annoying to drive around the city and it's always in the shop. They have Cat engines in them also and maitenance isn't cheap.

I thought the CAT engines were bulletproof?

AndyL
09-08-2010, 12:55 PM
They are - but ask yourself what an oil filter should cost then go price one for the CAT diesel (don't forget warranty null/void for putting anything but a CAT part on one of those engines (even the bolts)).

Redlyne_mr2
09-08-2010, 02:32 PM

I thought the CAT engines were bulletproof?

They are but maintenance is still expensive, everything is triple the size and quadruple the price. My parents boat uses 2 CAT engines, you're easily in the 4 figure range for simple maintenance.

bluaudi
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Funny to see the ricers get worked up over a lifted truck :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

revelations
09-08-2010, 05:27 PM
If the OP has a huge trailer, lives in an acerage, hauls heavy objects (eg occasional locomotive engine), then sure.... go for it.

As for just for driving from A-B within the city of Calgary, are you retarded? :banghead:

93VR6
09-08-2010, 05:39 PM
What makes this any better than a f350?

Don't get me wrong I adore diesel but I think a 650 is just overkill and the penis jokes will never stop.

Lex350
09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by bluaudi
Funny to see the ricers get worked up over a lifted truck :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

clearly you can't read then. :banghead:

Tik-Tok
09-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by revelations

As for just for driving from A-B within the city of Calgary, are you retarded? :banghead:

Hint: M.Alex is 2efnfast.

OP, forget the F650. Go for a Conquest Knight XV...

http://harryallen.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/screen24.jpg

Scuderia
09-08-2010, 06:03 PM
None of this made any sense, but then...

Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Everything came together and made all the sense in the world.

AndyL
09-08-2010, 07:29 PM
I like the International 7300 CXT better myself :)

http://www.truckerlinks.dk/intbil/2005-INTERNATIONAL-7300CXT.JPG

whiskas
09-08-2010, 07:45 PM
Fucking Alberta :facepalm:

SideSwipe
09-08-2010, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by rotten42
Oh great...another oversized truck on the road that their driver can't park worth shit!

people who own trucks in calgary... actually all of canada... cant park because some anti-truck (anti-automobile) inconsiderate idiot made the parking stalls too small. In the states, you dont have parking problems because the people making the stalls actually considered the x% of the population who own a vehicle that is a truck. Hell, i have a 1500 and have problems parking in some lots in calgary. You try your best to squeeze in, some asshole who thinks he's hot shit keys your truck and dents the door.

ah well. You know you have no life when you start complaining about "oversized" vehicles and their owners park jobs.

911fever
09-08-2010, 08:34 PM
Originally posted by whiskas
Fucking Alberta :facepalm:

ain't that the truth. You'd get firebombed if you drove that in Ontario or Quebec.

M.alex
09-08-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

That looks like it would be bullet proof? :burnout:

psycoticclown
09-08-2010, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by SideSwipe

people who own trucks in calgary... actually all of canada... cant park because some anti-truck (anti-automobile) inconsiderate idiot made the parking stalls too small. In the states, you dont have parking problems because the people making the stalls actually considered the x% of the population who own a vehicle that is a truck. Hell, i have a 1500 and have problems parking in some lots in calgary. You try your best to squeeze in, some asshole who thinks he's hot shit keys your truck and dents the door.

ah well. You know you have no life when you start complaining about "oversized" vehicles and their owners park jobs.

It's because space is money, especially in high traffic areas like downtown. We're already paying some of the highest rates for parking, if they made bigger stalls but had less of them, you would end up paying more. And most people can fit in those spots just fine.

dsr7723
09-08-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by 93VR6
What makes this any better than a f350?

Don't get me wrong I adore diesel but I think a 650 is just overkill and the penis jokes will never stop.

It is indeed overkill, considering that underneath all that armor, the CPS's tank-like behemoth tactical vehicle is a mere F-550.

bituerbo
09-08-2010, 10:00 PM
It's a fantastic idea, other than the step-stool you would need to carry around to get into it.

Rat Fink
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM

Tik-Tok
09-08-2010, 10:19 PM

Why yes it is, here's the ballistics reports for it.

http://www.conquestvehicles.com/documents/KnightXV_Protection_Level_Charts.pdf

Originally posted by Rat Fink

http://www.caranddriver.com/var/ezflow_site/storage/images/reviews/car/09q3/2009_international_lonestar_harley-davidson_limited_edition-road_test/gallery/2009_international_lonestar_harley-davidson_special_edition_photo_52/2786794-1-eng-US/2009-international-lonestar-harley-davidson-special-edition-1_cd_gallery.jpg

I saw one of these the other day, and thought if I were a trucker, THIS would be the truck I'd want. Fucking beautiful.

http://autozoo.ru/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/lonestar-13.JPG

tictactoe2004
09-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by psycoticclown
It's because space is money, especially in high traffic areas like downtown. We're already paying some of the highest rates for parking, if they made bigger stalls but had less of them, you would end up paying more. And most people can fit in those spots just fine.

Who do you consider "most people"? I have no problems parking my GTI properly, but the number of door dings I have on it is just stupid... I would say 75% or more of parking lots in this city have stalls that are too small, if you have something like a civic and a golf that are parked side by side in the center of the stalls you should be able to fully open the door without hitting the other car. Now factor in stuff like trucks and mini vans and parking lots are like sardine cans.

Everyone should have a parking lot like costco, with small spots between each parking stall. The parking lot alone is worth the $50 to shop there..

Sugarphreak
09-08-2010, 10:27 PM

AudiPWR
09-08-2010, 10:32 PM
go cummins or go home

Rat Fink
09-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Disoblige
09-08-2010, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by AudiPWR
go cummins or go home
Some people rather get a power stroke, than get a cummins.

;)

ztunelover
09-08-2010, 11:36 PM

Apparently someone could be shooting at you for 4 hours before the armour gets severely damaged. If I'm honest, if someone shoots at me when im in the car, I think I would get the message in the first minute or two and sort of drive away or something. Actually now that I think of it, the shooter must have a ton of ammo to shoot for 4 hours. If I didn't want to move I could just wait for half an hour till they are out of ammo.

msommers
09-08-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Rat Fink
Both have beds in them (possibly even bunk beds), and you can put a fridge and microwave in them too. You could roll upto the mall, take up 10 spots that will get the ricers all pissy and sweet talk some chick into the sleeper for some hot pizza pops and anal sex!

Fuck I love your posts dude :rofl: :rofl:

psycoticclown
09-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004

Who do you consider "most people"? I have no problems parking my GTI properly, but the number of door dings I have on it is just stupid... I would say 75% or more of parking lots in this city have stalls that are too small, if you have something like a civic and a golf that are parked side by side in the center of the stalls you should be able to fully open the door without hitting the other car. Now factor in stuff like trucks and mini vans and parking lots are like sardine cans.

Everyone should have a parking lot like costco, with small spots between each parking stall. The parking lot alone is worth the $50 to shop there..

If you want spots like that, be prepared to pay more then. If you want to fully open your doors, your asking for a ton more space. That's ridiculous. Both my doors fully opened will take up 2 parking spots almost. People always bitch about parking prices, $40 a day now? Be prepared to pay 50% more if you want more space.

I've never had a parking door ding :dunno:

ddduke
09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by revelations
If the OP has a huge trailer, lives in an acerage, hauls heavy objects (eg occasional locomotive engine), then sure.... go for it.

+1
I'm all about lifted trucks but holy fuck would that be a pain in the ass to drive. Unless I'm towing I don't even take out my 3500 anymore because it's such a cunt to park. Not to mention the fact that no one in calgary likes to let anyone into their lane, it would be such a pain in the ass just switching lanes while driving. Parkades are off limits, doing a U-turn is pretty much impossible. Also, my old lady doesn't even want to get into either of my trucks with a skirt on cause they're too high, so I couldn't even imagine what would happen in that thing.

Lastly, everyone would think you're a moron and never take you seriously.

FraserB
09-09-2010, 08:09 AM
I personally wouldn't go for one and all I have every owned are lifted vehicles. The larger trucks are beasts on maintenance, fuel costs are pretty gay, most everyone in town will think you are a douche and parking sucks since all the under ground is off limits.

If you really need a truck, I would got with a diesel pickup, small 3" lift and some 37" rubber. Beef it up, not as conspicuous and still has usefulness.

ExtraSlow
09-09-2010, 09:36 AM
For that kind of cash, I'd get myself an F350 and a Mustang.

sxtasy
09-09-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Disoblige

Some people rather get a power stroke, than get a cummins.

;)
Theres a reason the powerstrokes aren't offered in the heavy duty Fords ;)