PDA

View Full Version : Sold something on ebay, but have a local buyer

e36bmw///
09-08-2010, 02:54 PM
nm

bulaian
09-08-2010, 02:57 PM
Did you have in your auction that you would ship to Ukraine in the first place? If not, you should be able to cancel his bid, then just sell it locally.

bituerbo
09-08-2010, 02:59 PM
Tell him while packaging it you just dropped it on the floor and it broke, and he can have it if he wants, but the price remains the same.

sillysod
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Tell him while packaging it you just dropped it on the floor and it broke, and he can have it if he wants, but the price remains the same.
hahahaha

so simple, but perfect.

e36bmw///
09-08-2010, 03:21 PM
nm

Kloubek
09-08-2010, 03:25 PM
If you stated that in the ad, you have an "out". I would not worry about it.

eblend
09-08-2010, 03:53 PM
Bidding 2 seconds before the end is perfectly legit, I do it all the time, it is called snipping, doing it last second so that other people don't have the time to big higher and drive up the price. I never ever bid for an item until the very last minutes. If he didn't contact you prior, he would have no idea how much the shipping would be, so make up some shipping that would be hella expensive, and you got an out that way as well.

SR240SX
09-08-2010, 03:56 PM
then you end up with

"shipping is going to cost $500..."

"thats ok ship it over anyways"

"but...I just broke it packinging it up for shipping"

"No worries I will still take it"

Lol...Doubtful though..

eblend
09-08-2010, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX
then you end up with

"shipping is going to cost $500..."

"thats ok ship it over anyways"

"but...I just broke it packinging it up for shipping"

"No worries I will still take it"

Lol...Doubtful though..

actually a good way to see if it is a scam is to jack up the shipping charges, if they still agree to pay then dont' sell to them, since it is probably a scam as often the scammers always want you to ship express super fast shipping which costs like 4 times the price of the product.

Afrodeziak
09-08-2010, 04:16 PM
There's nothing eBay can do to force you to sell the item. The person can file a claim that you did not finish the transaction. It shows on your account, but not as part of feedback.

I would just say that your listing asked for them to contact you first. They didn't, so you have every right to bounce on the sale.

B

Xtrema
09-08-2010, 05:14 PM
Should have state up from who you sell it to. I usually avoid anyone outside of US/Canada. No coverage from Paypal and postal system are questionable.

revelations
09-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
There's nothing eBay can do to force you to sell the item. The person can file a claim that you did not finish the transaction. It shows on your account, but not as part of feedback.

:dunno:

I bought a phone on ebay last month and the seller contacted me after I won the auction and informed me that they are out of stock.

I was able to leave neutral feedback even though no good or services were exchanged.

So there is nothing from stopping the buyer from leaving bad feedback for the seller - unless he "dropped" the item of course :bigpimp:

C4S
09-08-2010, 05:32 PM
As long as the seller pay you .. ship it! :D