PDA

View Full Version : where should i take my car for engine work?

TomTom
09-04-2002, 05:55 PM
i guess im going to try yoko, any other good places that wont overcharge?

frenchdriver
09-04-2002, 06:02 PM
try Millenium Auto Trendz in the N.E.

they just finished installing a greddy turbo on a prelude and swaps are no problem for them (they are doing mine)

good luck man :(

shadowz
09-04-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by frenchdriver
try Millenium Auto Trendz in the N.E.

they just finished installing a greddy turbo on a prelude and swaps are no problem for them (they are doing mine)

good luck man :(

I wasnt aware they did motor work, bolting on a turbo is one thing but rebuilding a motor is totally different

RGAGT
09-04-2002, 06:29 PM
Try Davenports or Dale Adams Those are the To I Know Of That have a good Rep :D

TomTom
09-04-2002, 06:31 PM
well mabey i should call davenport afterall they did the swap in the first place, i just need the thing fixed, ill swap if its going to cost more to fix than to buy a new engine.
shadowz where do you recomend?
ill call mel auto see what they say

only thing is it looks like davenport is mainly domestic.

should i even call yoko?

legendboy
09-04-2002, 06:44 PM
take it to honda, just tell them what u want them to fix! buy your own parts!

Audi Kid
09-04-2002, 07:43 PM
dude..didnt u just buy that car?

shadowz
09-05-2002, 02:47 AM
Tom I recommend you ask around for prices first, also like previously pointed out buy your own parts, Im sure Allan can work something out for you for having your motor rebuilt or if needed replaced, he can get you deals through YOKO so just talk to Allan first, and yes @ Davenport go talk to Shannon he put the motor in not Davenport itself, they wouldnt know what you are talking about, so just talk to Shannon, shop around and exercise the options I said above

choweyt3t4
09-05-2002, 12:07 PM
dont take it to honda unless you really want to get bent over and raped.give allan a call im sure something will work out with him or shannon depending on what you decide to do

kevie88
09-05-2002, 04:01 PM
What exactly do you need done?? I am a competent 2nd year apprentice mechanic with mad H22A experience...

TomTom
09-05-2002, 04:40 PM
yoko motors........i dont think i will ever buy anything from them unless its threw somoneelse, I took time outa work today to phone them and they pretty much brushed me off bigtime, they shoulda just said we dont want your business go away cause thats pretty much the vibe i got from them.
and is $2400 normal for Just an h22a (92-96) engine? not the tranny or ecu just engine?

kevie ill pm you
and i will talk to allen when hes got time and i think i might call that shannon guy.

shadowz
09-05-2002, 05:40 PM
2400 is afairly good price