PDA

View Full Version : Just witnessed some road rage on Deerfoot

Abeo
09-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Just saw some dangerous shit go down on Deerfoot, about 2 pm. Posting this in case someone else on here reported it and needs another witness... or if the drivers are on here. In point form:

I got on Deerfoot at Anderson heading North. I merged, got in middle lane with the flow of traffic (~70-80 km/hr), this shit starts happening around the Glenmore overpass. Traffic is heavy but flowing well.

A Late 70's/early 80's orange GM truck (think it was a GMC) starts passing people where ever he can, driving like a douche. ~20 yr old kid, hat crooked, gf in truck. Doesn't get too far due to the volume of traffic.

R33 Skyline GTS followed by black 1st gen sunfire w fart can hanging down, sunfire had 3+ people in it, going the speed limit (80 km/hr). Diving safe, leaving room in front of them
Skyline was gray, had a tall (12+ inch) body colored wing (supra style), silver 17 or 18 in rims, fart can

Just after calfrobe, truck cuts in between skyline and sunfire (both driving fine at the speed limit in left lane), cutting off sunfire badly (inches to spare)

Sunfire passes on left, cuts off truck in retaliation, does a small brake check

Truck passes both on left, cuts off skyline pretty bad

Skyline gets into middle lane, swerves at truck while driving side by side

Truck takes off, possibly sideswiping skyline, skyline takes off after

Truck starts driving erratically, gets sideways, almost loses it (goes over curb off highway while sideways, pulls back onto highway at speed), skyline pulls off near it, truck takes off again. Everyone seeing this in front of us slows down to like 40

Bunch of people driving around me start speeding up to catch up to the tards, presumably to get lisc plate #'s

Skyline takes off after truck, brakes hard infront of the truck while fishtailing, skyline parks on the side of the road with the truck stopped in the slow lane, driver of skyline gets out and pitches a bottle (I think) at the windsheild of the truck, smashing the pass side

Truck takes off, Skyline takes off after it, sunfire takes off after both

Truck and Skyline are side by side near 17th swerving at each other, truck fakes then swerves at last moment to take 17th E exit, Skyline can't follow

Skyline and sunfire exit 16th E exit, Skyline driver gets out to talk to sunfire friends, was ~20, chubby, with shaggy blond hair

Anyone else see this?

Was too bad that there were no cops to see any of this, I was convinced that someone was going to crash into the cars they were weaving around, or the fact that they were stopping ON Deerfoot with tonnes of other drivers around.

Oh, and a preemptive brool story, bro (http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/10/7457.brool_5F00_story_5F00_co_2E00_.jpg), cool story bro (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FJvRMNBjDHw/S7RyTGOjiuI/AAAAAAAAADQ/Bn8zXuWkY2Y/s1600/cool_story_bro.jpg), etc

Wehbeast
09-11-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Abeo
Oh, and a preemptive brool story, bro (http://forum.ntreev.net/grandchase/cfs-filesystemfile.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/10/7457.brool_5F00_story_5F00_co_2E00_.jpg), cool story bro (http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_FJvRMNBjDHw/S7RyTGOjiuI/AAAAAAAAADQ/Bn8zXuWkY2Y/s1600/cool_story_bro.jpg), etc

http://imgur.com/dwZ10.jpg

Cascade
09-11-2010, 03:29 PM
:facepalm:

Zigo
09-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Shits messed, but its calgary..

Kewl story broski.

Ekliptix
09-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Def the worst case of road rage I've heard reported in Calgary.

M.alex
09-11-2010, 04:04 PM
Calgary drivers :facepalm:

Abeo
09-11-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by M.alex
Calgary drivers :facepalm:

I think the kid in the truck was from the sticks, looked like he was driving a farm truck

A790
09-11-2010, 04:08 PM
That's nothin, man.

Me and my bro were cruisin in his old Jetta when he pulled up to an S2000 at the lights. The S2k flashes his pink slip, so my buddy does the same thing thinking he's gonna take him.

Light turns green and we are fuckin pinning it. Hit the NOS and pass that sucka, right, and then outta nowhere this S2K just takes off man, like way ahead of us. My buddy chokes and heads back to his place. He was gonna take all his stuff outta the car, ya know? It was 100% legit.

Next thing two homeboys on bikes show up and fucking UZI everything. Man it was nuts! THAT'S ROAD RAGE, SUCKA!

93VR6
09-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Saw that same orange gmc truck, assuming there is only one around being driven like a lunatic, about two days ago bookin a solid 110ish in the 80 zone on deerfoot by anderson weavin like a champion.

Shlade
09-11-2010, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by A790
That's nothin, man.

Me and my bro were cruisin in his old Jetta when he pulled up to an S2000 at the lights. The S2k flashes his pink slip, so my buddy does the same thing thinking he's gonna take him.

Light turns green and we are fuckin pinning it. Hit the NOS and pass that sucka, right, and then outta nowhere this S2K just takes off man, like way ahead of us. My buddy chokes and heads back to his place. He was gonna take all his stuff outta the car, ya know? It was 100% legit.

Next thing two homeboys on bikes show up and fucking UZI everything. Man it was nuts! THAT'S ROAD RAGE, SUCKA!

:rofl:

I actually beleived you until I read the entire thing up to the UZI part!

hahahahahaha.. then it all sounded way to familiar to me!

SJW
09-11-2010, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Wehbeast

http://imgur.com/dwZ10.jpg

well that's just funny right there.

FLARE
09-11-2010, 05:33 PM
Seems like Calgary is bad news bears more and more recently

^bra thing was great

revelations
09-11-2010, 05:42 PM
I hope license plates were caught. Its likely someone called it in.

And no, its not worse here than in Vancouver, Edmonton, Winnipeg.

nismodrifter
09-11-2010, 05:55 PM
That's nothin, man.

How did it feel to get VTEC sprayed in your face when that S2k passed you?

Graham_A_M
09-11-2010, 06:04 PM
Yeah people doing 80 on Deerfoot really bothers some people. People are quite divided over it, and I too have seen some real drama. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
I'll do 80 if they are doing actual construction, but just because there aren't lines painted doesn't necessarily justify leaving ALL of it an 80 zone, especially when there is no Construction staff there.

:rolleyes:
I really wish they'd finish, since its like they're just stalling over the rest of the paving.

gyu
09-11-2010, 06:07 PM
The guys should just pull over and duke it out or something instead of putting others in danger :facepalm: It sounds like you kept up with them the whole time

Abeo
09-11-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Yeah people doing 80 on Deerfoot really bothers some people. People are quite divided over it, and I too have seen some real drama. This doesn't surprise me in the least.
I'll do 80 if they are doing actual construction, but just because there aren't lines painted doesn't necessarily justify leaving ALL of it an 80 zone, especially when there is no Construction staff there.

:rolleyes:
I really wish they'd finish, since its like they're just stalling over the rest of the paving.

Traffic was flowing well at 80-90, guys in the skyline and sunfire were taking it easy beforehand... and the truck was the one idiot who what to drive faster than everyone else, even though it was impossible to maintain 100km/hr for more than 10 seconds.

As for construction, they could at least throw some temp paint down like other areas do... but with the large lips between the right and middle lane, I think it makes sense for it to be 80, not to mention the people who brake to 60 because there is a bump.

Abeo
09-11-2010, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by gyu
The guys should just pull over and duke it out or something instead of putting others in danger :facepalm:

Thats what I thought was going to happen when they pulled over... looked like the skyline kid wanted to

Originally posted by gyu

It sounds like you kept up with them the whole time
I got out of the lane they were brake checking in (I left a ~100 ft gap because I got a bad vibe from the truck from the beginning), then caught up to them both times they stopped on the highway. I was trying to avoid them, accelerated slow, left a huge gap, but it just played out in front of me.

yoda124
09-11-2010, 06:31 PM
not as bad as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1msx4rq9CAg

Abeo
09-11-2010, 06:42 PM
skyline plate found: kijiji ad (http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=226807567&ImageIndex=1)

(assuming there is only one gray r33 with a wing that big in town)

gyu
09-11-2010, 06:44 PM
That wing is ridiculous :nut: !

n1zm0
09-11-2010, 06:51 PM
skyline plate found: kijiji ad (http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-ViewAdLargeImage?AdId=226807567&ImageIndex=1)

http://i.imgur.com/1ehGY.jpg

i thought supra whale tails on civics were bad, who would even keep that useless shopping cart handle on after buying it? oh yeah :

was ~20, chubby, with shaggy blond hair

just another case of daddy buy me my first car, it has to be a 250~ hp rwd car cause i'm a me-firster gen kid

Awd-Tsi
09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
I know the kid who drives that skyline... sure isnt 20

alloroc
09-11-2010, 07:35 PM

Skyline and sunfire exit 16th E exit, Skyline driver gets out to talk to sunfire friends, was ~20, chubby, with shaggy blond hair

[/URL], etc

... and missing 2 fingers on one hand?

Abeo
09-11-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Awd-Tsi

Go on....

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-11-2010, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

Thats what I was thinking.

Disoblige
09-11-2010, 08:30 PM

LOOOOOOOOL AT THAT WING.

ROFL.

ExtremeSi
09-11-2010, 09:18 PM
That's nothin, man.

lol :rofl: :rofl: good one

Vanner
09-11-2010, 09:27 PM
Well... if you ask me - that truck redneck and the 2 twits in the rice cars are ALL IDIOTS! Any one of them could had caused a serious road accident if one mistake was made.

I've had quite a few cases happened on me on the roads before. Some idiot would pull up ahead of me all of sudden - going faster than me. Once last week on my way to work - one guy in a black truck did a double-lane stunt just to grab the exit on the left side! I was barely one car behind him- geez!

However, I kept my cool and let it go as I have no time for that but go to work.

TorqueDog
09-11-2010, 10:26 PM
skyline and sunfire (both driving fine at the speed limit in left lane)When will people learn not to cruise along in the left hand lane? Unless traffic is such that one could not vacate the lane, the left lane is for PASSING. GTFO of it otherwise.

The guy in the truck is an idiot, no question. But the Skyline and Sunfire certainly didn't help matters, and the entire thing could have been avoided if the two idiots in the left lane had adhered to the law... "Slower Traffic Keep Right". There's signs to that effect all over Deerfoot, including in the 80 KM/H zone you witnessed this whole thing in.

calgary403
09-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
When will people learn not to cruise along in the left hand lane? Unless traffic is such that one could not vacate the lane, the left lane is for PASSING. GTFO of it otherwise.

The guy in the truck is an idiot, no question. But the Skyline and Sunfire certainly didn't help matters, and the entire thing could have been avoided if the two idiots in the left lane had adhered to the law... "Slower Traffic Keep Right". There's signs to that effect all over Deerfoot, including in the 80 KM/H zone you witnessed this whole thing in.

:werd:

Although I'm still kind of glad the douche in the pickup had his window broken. Instant karma?

Abeo
09-11-2010, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
When will people learn not to cruise along in the left hand lane? Unless traffic is such that one could not vacate the lane, the left lane is for PASSING. GTFO of it otherwise.

Agree with you completely, except that there was a lot of volume, and 80-90 in the left lane was the fastest you could go until you got out of the 80 zone and things thinned out, otherwise you'll be jammed up against the guy ahead of you with 100+ cars ahead of him. The skyline was leaving room in front of him, but he wasn't going any slower than anyone else on the road (in fact, it was the quickest moving lane, I bet he didn't want any rocks thrown from the vehicle ahead).

I'm not defending any of the 3, and I was expecting to see someone eat shit and cause a pileup...

dirtsniffer
09-12-2010, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by Awd-Tsi
it doesn't surprise me that you know this guy...

Awd-Tsi
09-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer

it doesn't surprise me that you know this guy... :dunno: met him a few times, young kid, longer scruffy hair. Nick
named Justin bieber

LEGiiT
09-12-2010, 12:12 PM
I saw the beige colored GMC truck (old)with a young guy and a girl in the passenger seat, cut me off and another guy off on 69st SW (at Glenmore)
His license plate was Bxx-313 (all I can remember, couldn't see if windshield was smashed)

J-D
09-12-2010, 12:29 PM
I just got back from Miami, driving in Calgary is a nice change of pace :p

Genocider
09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

i thought supra whale tails on civics were bad, who would even keep that useless shopping cart handle on after buying it? oh yeah :

just another case of daddy buy me my first car, it has to be a 250~ hp rwd car cause i'm a me-firster gen kid

Im gonna text my friend that may have been him, and if it is he's 17 :P

Super_Geo
09-12-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by yoda124
not as bad as this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1msx4rq9CAg

Reraise...

nP7NjgqJCok

Zhariak
09-12-2010, 01:33 PM
I'm really curious to see where this thread goes! haha

Super_Geo
09-12-2010, 01:41 PM
Hahahaha... fuck this one makes me smile!

fLuKI-7lAnc

nismodrifter
09-12-2010, 02:35 PM
^wow!!! dood deserved that shit.

Awd-Tsi
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Hahahaha... fuck this one makes me smile!

fLuKI-7lAnc If someone randomly jumped onto my car like that I would 7k launch and say it was self defense...

jzz30dk
09-12-2010, 08:16 PM
thats pretty crazy stuff. people need to calm down sometimes lol

Type_S1
09-12-2010, 08:33 PM
people are stupid wow

Squishy
09-13-2010, 12:01 AM

HAH, he got lipped off at tim's once.

r33skylinegts
09-13-2010, 12:29 AM
ya he threw lug nuts at me first and the cop called me already notting happend it was pretty crazy i was just going to my dad party with my brother behide me in the sunfire

r33skylinegts
09-13-2010, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by Squishy

i have never got liped off at tims?! lol

r33skylinegts
09-13-2010, 12:32 AM

and no thats not the right plate number thats the guy i got it froms plate

r33skylinegts
09-13-2010, 12:34 AM

Go on....

THATS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

r33skylinegts
09-13-2010, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by n1zm0

and i payed for it my self but nice one there champ

EvolizePhoto
09-13-2010, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by r33skylinegts

and i payed for it my self but nice one there champ Welcome to Beyond, enjoy your.......stay. :rofl:

CUG
09-13-2010, 12:44 AM
this story is fucking awesome. KLOL

A790
09-13-2010, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by CUG
this story is fucking awesome. KLOL
The fact that he showed up is even better.... ahahaha.

CUG
09-13-2010, 12:58 AM
OH shit! I didn't even read that part! Hahahahahah :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

cream
09-13-2010, 01:20 AM
can i buy the spoiler off you?

EvolizePhoto
09-13-2010, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by cream
can i buy the spoiler off you? I don't think you're prepared for the level of lift that shopping cart handle can provide you.

You must buy a RHD, RWD Turbo Car for that.

..*JDM Hatch*..
09-13-2010, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by EvolizePhoto
I don't think you're prepared for the level of lift that shopping cart handle can provide you.

You must buy a RHD, RWD Turbo Car for that.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

..*JDM Hatch*..
09-13-2010, 02:48 AM

Diff skyrine.Didn't have that big of a wing on it.But was damn close.

..*JDM Hatch*..
09-13-2010, 02:50 AM
Originally posted by alloroc

^^^ ROFL,Oh the claw.No the claw is a pizza delivery guy at domino's in Airdrie.

Shlade
09-13-2010, 03:02 AM
I almost beat some fat fucker while driving my gfs celica.. apparently his gay minivan had to be infront of me so he was behind me about 4 inches from my bumper, then slams on his gas and flys infront of me and cuts me off. Flipped the high beams atleast 10 times at him and I see the finger.. For whatever reason I lost it and on the 4 way stop ontop of the hill by my house he started lipping me off and I got out of the car ready to beat his ass.. Ive never seen anybody drive away from me so quick, Took me a few seconds while driving home what I did and how much shit I could of gotten in!

For this I cant really say it was road rage on my part it was his for sure tho. I just lost my cool with him after him cutting me off, then I blew a fuse when he started lipping me off.

Fucking drivers

KoukiS14
09-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by r33skylinegts

and i payed for it my self but nice one there champ

Please read.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/315121/grammar-nazis-unite/

LEGiiT
09-13-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
I almost beat some fat fucker while driving my gfs celica.. apparently his gay minivan had to be infront of me so he was behind me about 4 inches from my bumper, then slams on his gas and flys infront of me and cuts me off. Flipped the high beams atleast 10 times at him and I see the finger.. For whatever reason I lost it and on the 4 way stop ontop of the hill by my house he started lipping me off and I got out of the car ready to beat his ass.. Ive never seen anybody drive away from me so quick, Took me a few seconds while driving home what I did and how much shit I could of gotten in!

For this I cant really say it was road rage on my part it was his for sure tho. I just lost my cool with him after him cutting me off, then I blew a fuse when he started lipping me off.

Fucking drivers

Sometimes that's all that is required, getting out of the car and showing you're not afraid, well over 98% of the time it works.

M.alex
09-13-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Shlade

Fucking drivers

In Texas you'd have been shot :rofl:

But I suppose you'd be armed as well, so we'd have a good old fashioned stand off :rofl:

sevewone
09-13-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=196r55mO4Kg

WOOOOO

Shlade
09-13-2010, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

In Texas you'd have been shot :rofl:

But I suppose you'd be armed as well, so we'd have a good old fashioned stand off :rofl:

Shits real in Texas.

Squishy
09-13-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by ..*JDM Hatch*..

Diff skyrine.Didn't have that big of a wing on it.But was damn close. No no, that was him lol.. Shaggy hair, young. Yup. He was lighting something off I think.

..*JDM Hatch*..
09-13-2010, 06:33 PM
No no, that was him lol.. Shaggy hair, young. Yup. He was lighting something off I think.

Yeah he had a cap gun or something.but i think it was a diff skyrine.I didn't think it had that big of a wing on it.

but :dunno: