PDA

View Full Version : Hurt my wrist...what can I do?

Little Dragon
09-11-2010, 07:32 PM
So I hurt my wrist while benching the other day...bent my left hand a bit too far back and now my wrist hurts.

I've been icing it ever since and I've wrapped it in athletic tape to keep it stable. But the pain is still there and hurts a lot when I rotate it or try to pick something up.
I have work tomorrow so I'm very worried about lifting 50-70 lbs of stock with my wrist hurt.

I should've went to a walk in clinic today and at least got a doctor's note to excuse me from working but I've been busy all day getting stuff ready for university on Monday.

But what can I do now to help it?
Or does anyone know any walk in clinics open this late on a Saturday?

Cos
09-11-2010, 07:33 PM
^^ you can try the one at superstore but I think you are stuck going to a hospital

Little Dragon
09-11-2010, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Cos
^^ you can try the one at superstore but I think you are stuck going to a hospital

Looked them up, and they close at 12pm on saturdays =(

http://www.health-local.com/biz/walk-in-clinics/calgary/alberta/coventry-hills-family-care-centre

Cos
09-11-2010, 07:36 PM
wow shitty, I know the one next to shoppers is closed. I would say you are probably going to Foothills.

If you need to go, but I would say you should wait, you can get there early before all the hardcore drunk accidents start showing up.

Little Dragon
09-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Mmmm yeah, I would think me waiting for my minor injury (compared to others) would be a good couple hours anyways.

Oh well, I'll just do some crazy wraps in the morning before work...hopefully it holds it tight enough.

Thanks man :thumbsup:

1-Bar
09-11-2010, 09:03 PM
good luck.....usually ER's are bumpin on weekends (especially nights). If you are in the south, South Calgary Urgent Care might be your best bet (be there by 10pm) if not Sheldon Chumir downtown is another option.

Meback
09-11-2010, 09:04 PM
Medicentre are open till 10. Depending on the location. Try googling for the centres online and then call the one closes too you. They are also open on sundays too.