PDA

View Full Version : Well this kinda sucks... F U TD Meloche

jdmXSI
09-11-2010, 10:22 PM
On friday i called my insurance company to put insurance on a car that i had parked for about a year and there was no problem, so she said and i should have the pink slip in a couple of minutes (this was close to closing time for the insurance company friday). i checke my email to where it was supposed to b sent to this morning and nothing... Now i have a Auto-X event that my girlfriend had paid for as apart of my b-day present and i do not want to risk getting a failure to provide insurance and worse being convicted for it. Also because the car hasent been registered for a year, the plate has expired and i couldnt get it renewed because they never sent the pink card. Im not even sure if they put through the change all together and if i get caught i am fucked so I just wanted to give a huge F$#* YOU to TD Meloche Monnex for screwing up apart of my bday present!

I considered risking the drive from pineridge to deerfoot shopping mall but a RHD 90' Integra with expired plates or even if i took off a plate from another car would just be a HUGE heat score....

Disoblige
09-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Get it towed there? :D

JordanAndrew
09-11-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
On friday i called my insurance company to put insurance on a car that i had parked for about a year and there was no problem, so she said and i should have the pink slip in a couple of minutes (this was close to closing time for the insurance company friday). i checke my email to where it was supposed to b sent to this morning and nothing... Now i have a Auto-X event that my girlfriend had paid for as apart of my b-day present and i do not want to risk getting a failure to provide insurance and worse being convicted for it. Also because the car hasent been registered for a year, the plate has expired and i couldnt get it renewed because they never sent the pink card. Im not even sure if they put through the change all together and if i get caught i am fucked so I just wanted to give a huge F$#* YOU to TD Meloche Monnex for screwing up apart of my bday present!

I considered risking the drive from pineridge to deerfoot shopping mall but a RHD 90' Integra with expired plates or even if i took off a plate from another car would just be a HUGE heat score....

This sounds like a normal human error. :dunno:
I usually get them to repeat the email address if they are going to send me something, one letter/character at a time. It's the easiest way to prevent this. If you also had access to the internet, you can stay in the line with them while they send it. It's instantly sent to you so you can check it right away as soon as they send it.

I know it's shitty to have to deal with this, but people make mistakes. I read that you were doing this when it was pretty much closing time. The person you're talking to was already distracted with getting off soon to begin with. The simple things I mentioned in the first paragraph will prevent mistakes like this.

boarderfatty
09-11-2010, 11:20 PM
They have a 24hr hot line have you tried them? Its the one for emergency purposes. If you get someone bored they can usually be pretty helpful

dj_rice
09-11-2010, 11:23 PM
You failed to prepare so you must prepare to fail

Unknown303
09-11-2010, 11:44 PM
Yeah you failed. Meloche treats me like gold and when they send me my pink slips I get them before I hang up the phone. Maybe you should try to get "important" matters like this sorted out before the end of the day Friday.

jdmXSI
09-12-2010, 12:11 AM
im not denying the fact that i was negligent and waited until the last minute.Other things took priority over this and i was shocked too when TD did not send the insurance... Also the 1-800 # was completely useless as the lady had absolutely no authority nor access to any accounts. The fact that angered me was i spelled out my email twice and it was either forgotten about or just missed. Well, we liv and we learn i guess...

JordanAndrew
09-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Let them repeat the email address to you instead you of telling them and spelling it out twice next time. Problem solved.

wintonyk
09-12-2010, 12:28 AM
you are much more to blame than td. Last minute on a friday the day before you need it.

The alternative of course is that you got some lazy person that was about to walk out for the weekend and bitter towards you. If that was the case, sorry buddy that sucks to hear.

I have never had a problem with td. They treat me like a king. Any pink slip I have gotten within a few seconds.

Phenix
09-12-2010, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Yeah you failed. Meloche treats me like gold and when they send me my pink slips I get them before I hang up the phone. Maybe you should try to get "important" matters like this sorted out before the end of the day Friday.

This:werd:

Unknown303
09-12-2010, 03:01 AM
They've even emailed me a pdf while I was in line at a registry and it showed up before I made it to the counter. And they let me show them proof from my iphone. It was a golden moment.

OG*crxboi
09-12-2010, 04:27 AM
That's too bad , you need to be tight with you insurance company. Pay you bills on time and they will basically feed you with a golden spoon. Also clean accident history. I pay so little for such great service. Even when I was in hongcover I got my slips to a little shack stat.

jdmXSI
09-12-2010, 08:02 AM
Whoa whoa wait a minute here... How am I to blame? That's just a typical comment that I should have expected from here... anyways, This is exctly what is wrong with our society. We are just accepting mediocrity now by these rediculous statements. Let's see the facts straight here 1) I called during business hours, did I not? I did 2) i asked for simple task to email a pink card, did it happen? No the request never happened (they also repeated my alternative email). So my question to all of you here that think this is my fault is, you actually think I should be penalized for calling during business hours? Wouldn't any of you want reasonable service no matter what time you call? TD has been great so far to me it was this one slip up that came at a shitty time and for the record I've never missed a payment in 10 years and I only pay $130/mth for full coverage on my STi, fire and theft on the integra and for my house insurance.

speedog
09-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Lots of other things could've been to blame - e-mail server could've been down, there could've been a fire alarm in their building that cleared them out, she could've gotten a call right after your phoen call from a hospital to find out her kid is in the hospital hurt. Point is that there are so many variables at play here that could be unknown to the OP, but the biggest thing that should've been avoided was leaving this until the last few minutes of the business day on a Friday.

Yes, one would expect the same level of service during every operating hour that a company is open for business, but the OP should be able to realize like any one else that the world doesn't necessarily work like that all of the time. We run our own business and I certainly do not promise something in a time sensitive manner to a customer if it involves a last minute order minutes before the end of a business day to a distributor. Now this may have been a mistake on behalf of the OP's insurance company (making that promise of a pink slip being somewhere by a certain time), but life or other shit can get in the way sometimes.

Thaco
09-12-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by JordanAndrew

If you also had access to the internet, you can stay in the line with them while they send it. It's instantly sent to you so you can check it right away as soon as they send it.
I dont know where people get this misconception that email is instant...

speedog
09-12-2010, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Thaco
I dont know where people get this misconception that email is instant... Please don't tell me that e-mail doesn't use the same old cups and string that I played with as a kid in the sixties?

jjmac
09-12-2010, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
You failed to prepare so you must prepare to fail

+1

D. Dub
09-12-2010, 09:48 AM
OP fail

Meback
09-12-2010, 09:53 AM
I don't see how this is TD problem when you literally called them last minute before they closed for the weekend.

A790
09-12-2010, 10:24 AM
Yea, sorry man. I always make my insurance call first thing in the AM and follow up if I don't have my pink slip an hour or so later.

dj_rice
09-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Maybe you don't speak english very well and he mis-heard you, when I gave out my email for pink slip, I had to tell him by saying letters as words like w= walter, b=bravo. If you just said letters, and your a FOB with heavy accent, and the TD rep is all the way in Ontario, things can get lost in translation, v sounds almost like b when on the phone with shitty reception.

LEGiiT
09-12-2010, 12:22 PM
90% chance your plate is looked up if a police officer is behind you for more than a minute. It's their job, don't risk it.

cream
09-12-2010, 10:54 PM
did you try and work it out thru email? cause they usually send you the temporary insurance sheet thru email, that's all that you'd need to drive to your mall

CUG
09-13-2010, 12:53 AM
You failed to prepare so you must prepare to fail I'm using this everywhere now.

sputnik
09-13-2010, 08:43 AM
Your lack of planning does not constitute an emergency for TD MelocheMonnex

Waldi
09-13-2010, 09:52 AM
I have to say that when I went on the road this summer and did not receive permanent pink slip and temporary one (e-mail) is valid only for two week, they set it up for me that I got new one in via e-mail two days before expiry of old one, and let me add I did not have to call them to remind. So, can't complain about their service, but rather talk about very goos customer service.

canuckcarguy
09-13-2010, 10:58 AM
OP is whining because he waited until the absolute last minute to handle a task that, in his head anyway, was super important. And now it's Meloche's fault? Meloche has terrific service, as evidenced by pretty much every post subsequent to yours. Any number of things could have happened to interrupt that email, but since you didn't allow any room for error, you blew your birthday present. Boo hoo.

Grow up and take some responsibility.

Tarrantula
09-13-2010, 11:07 AM
Did you check your spam folder? That would be a hell of a :facepalm:

JordanAndrew
09-13-2010, 11:43 AM
I dont know where people get this misconception that email is instant...

I don't know about you, but whenever I ask someone to email me something, it's sent pretty much right away. I guess it depends on your server, etc but in any case, it shouldn't take no longer than 1-2 minutes even after everything is filtered.

Even yahoo mail, gmail or hotmail goes pretty fast.

Back to the OP, If it was the last minutes in the business day, you want to make sure you get the email because if you don't, then at least you have them waiting on the line to try and send you another one. If you didn't have access to the internet then you'd want to make sure you at least double check with them that they got your email address right. Again the easiest way to do this is to have them repeat the email address to you instead of repeating it to them. The TD rep could have easily entered it wrong or could have easily taken a different but similar letter (B or V for example).

Tik-Tok
09-13-2010, 11:55 AM

I don't know about you, but whenever I ask someone to email me something, it's sent pretty much right away. I guess it depends on your server, etc but in any case, it shouldn't take no longer than 1-2 minutes even after everything is filtered.

Even yahoo mail, gmail or hotmail goes pretty fast.

I only use hotmail, and though most of it is pretty quick, within 2 minutes, some things get "lost", and I don't see them for days. This is rare, but it does happen.

Zero102
09-13-2010, 12:01 PM
I've been with TD Meloche Monnex for over a year now. In that time I've changed around several vehicles and modified coverage several more times. Every time I am on the phone with them I ask them to email me the pink slips and they have no problem waiting on the line until they show up. Usually it is just a minute or two and there has never been an issue.

You called immediately before close on a friday, and apparently also at the very last moment before this event, then you blame them for not acting instantly? It must really suck to always be the victim :rolleyes:

403Gemini
09-13-2010, 02:12 PM
Whoa whoa wait a minute here... How am I to blame? That's just a typical comment that I should have expected from here... anyways, This is exctly what is wrong with our society. We are just accepting mediocrity now by these rediculous statements. Let's see the facts straight here 1) I called during business hours, did I not? I did 2) i asked for simple task to email a pink card, did it happen? No the request never happened (they also repeated my alternative email). So my question to all of you here that think this is my fault is, you actually think I should be penalized for calling during business hours? Wouldn't any of you want reasonable service no matter what time you call? TD has been great so far to me it was this one slip up that came at a shitty time and for the record I've never missed a payment in 10 years and I only pay $130/mth for full coverage on my STi, fire and theft on the integra and for my house insurance.

I'll agree. This is what is wrong with our society.

Everybody puts themselves ahead of other people and don't plan ahead. You left it for the last minute of the last day of the week. Why should you line jump on all the other shit the broker has been working on for the entire week? What puts you ahead of all the other clients they are processing stuff for? Because you called on business hours ? Kudos, you figured out how to work a phone during the daytime.

Our world has become too convenient for people and they expect everything to happen right away.

If something is important, don't leave it for the last minute. If I call anybody, Visa, my bank, insurance company, etc, I expect it to take 24-48 hours worth of processing MINIMUM. Why? Because that is realistic, that's why.

Maybe you don't speak english very well and he mis-heard you, when I gave out my email for pink slip, I had to tell him by saying letters as words like w= walter, b=bravo. If you just said letters, and your a FOB with heavy accent, and the TD rep is all the way in Ontario, things can get lost in translation, v sounds almost like b when on the phone with shitty reception.

Fair accusation, afterall he did spell it as "rediculous" ... :facepalm:

It's "RIDICULOUS." (Sorry this is my ONE Grammar Nazi thing on the forum, I hate seeing it spelt "Red..." lol

Also let me tell you how business email generally works.

When you send an email to a person at a company, they don't receive the email. A head office computer receives it, saves it and backs it up, duplicates it, then sends it over to the person who you intended this to be sent too.

Likewise, when they try and email you, they type the email, click send, it gets sent to the head office computer and backed up/saved again and then forwarded on to you.

Here is the delay in the system, if they send it at the very end of the day, and if they computer/email program doesn't replicate in time, then it sits there in their "Sent" folder until they turn on the computer. Most big email programs replicate every 5-15 minutes, so if you caught the person right at the end of the day, chances are it's sitting in their sent folder and didn't replicate before they logged out for the day.

Also if it includes an attachment (like your pink card), this process takes longer.

Welcome to how things work in the real world. Shit takes time

CapnCrunch
09-13-2010, 03:19 PM

There's a lesson to be learned here.

Thaco
09-13-2010, 03:43 PM

Even yahoo mail, gmail or hotmail goes pretty fast. i guess that's the problem, it often performs above expectations/standards, so that becomes the new expectation. There are dozens of server hops in a single email, any one of those could slow the email down, it's very unpredictable and unreliable in a "instant" expectation sense, especially if it's got a significant attachment.

Zero102
09-14-2010, 07:03 AM
i guess that's the problem, it often performs above expectations/standards, so that becomes the new expectation. There are dozens of server hops in a single email, any one of those could slow the email down, it's very unpredictable and unreliable in a "instant" expectation sense, especially if it's got a significant attachment.

The PDFs that MM attaches are usually 100-200kb, not terribly significant. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for one to come through yet. I agree it isn't instant, but IMO the time it takes is still within a reasonable time for a phone call, so just hang on the line until you get it. Let them try to sell you up on your coverage, tell them about your most recent vacation, whatever.

403Gemini
09-14-2010, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by Zero102

The PDFs that MM attaches are usually 100-200kb, not terribly significant. I have never waited more than 5 minutes for one to come through yet. I agree it isn't instant, but IMO the time it takes is still within a reasonable time for a phone call, so just hang on the line until you get it. Let them try to sell you up on your coverage, tell them about your most recent vacation, whatever.

Or, call earlier in the day and if you haven't gotten it within an hour, call back? ;) lol

Zero102
09-14-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Or, call earlier in the day and if you haven't gotten it within an hour, call back? ;) lol

Also an option. I generally keep them on the line for the 1-2 minutes it takes since the hold times can be over 20 minutes. ;)

DonJuan
09-14-2010, 03:43 PM
OP feel free to stand infront of a mirror and blame away.

U fail.

Toma
09-14-2010, 04:07 PM
It's an automated Email system.... I get my pink cards from Moloche in about 30 minutes.

And they are about the best insurance company in Alberta for regular car insurance.

zipdoa
09-14-2010, 04:08 PM
OP,

I always stay on the line with RBC Insurance cause they often forget to fax/e-mail temporary liability slips, and I hate getting stuck without proof of insurance.

BTW - A CPS member told me that if you buy a car, your insurance company gives you a grace period before you have to swap insurance to the new VIN. Same deal with registration - 2 weeks if I recall correctly.

So maybe, if you wanna be real clever, you'll write up a couple bills of sale and "buy" your car from your girlfriend.

Tik-Tok
09-14-2010, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

BTW - A CPS member told me that if you buy a car, your insurance company gives you a grace period before you have to swap insurance to the new VIN

Well if a CPS member told you, it MUST be true!

zipdoa
09-15-2010, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Well if a CPS member told you, it MUST be true!

Sure beats listening to you :thumbsup: