PDA

View Full Version : A790 is an inspiration! Shlades upcoming journey!

Shlade
09-11-2010, 11:03 PM
Seeing A790 jump back on the boat and working his ass off to get back into a healthy life style got me thinking and wanting to do the same!

Having a blog will help since this is a good tracking method of the work ill be doing.

Ultimately my goal is to cut down and gain some muscle defenition.

Im 6'1 Currently 230lbs. Ultimate goal is 190-195.

Since work is so crappy at the moment this will start on Monday September 13th 2010. Itll be my 4 month challenge I suppose since Im supposed to go with the GF to mehiccoooo in the new year so i need to whip into shape!

Ill do my very best with posting the nutritional aspect part of what I eat daily and what I did. Shouldnt be too hard to update this daily since im on beyond EVERYDAY!

BUT Sept 25- Oct 5 will be slow since im on a wacky schedule and will barley have any time.. BUT the nutrition part of what I ate and what I do before bed (ex. Sit ups, push ups, treadmill before bed etc...) So bare with me :)

Should be a fun and interesting time! Best time of all to start it now since the car is going away for storage soon and I wont have anything to fiddle around with except the beautiful gym equipment!!

Dont worry... This will have as many consistent updates as possible! Gonna be a fun time!

A790
09-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Good luck! :D

403Gemini
09-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Biggest thing of all man, just force yourself to work out for the first two weeks. Like I said in another thread, it's a lifestyle change and once you get used to it and accept it, it just becomes routine and actually becomes fun :D

Shlade
09-12-2010, 02:39 PM
Im very capable of this, its just time to get my ass in gear! I usually let myself get to the point where I hate my body and then I tell myself; CHALLENGE ACCEPTED haha! Ill get down to 200 before January :) it should only get better from there hopefully then!

A790
09-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Plenty of time to lose 30lbs. Kick ass and take names son!

Shlade
09-15-2010, 03:07 PM
Monday I slept all day, got up way too late to go and wasnt up to it (damn graveyards..)
Tuesday Sept 14, 2010: Hit the gym and did Cardio, about 1 hours worth
Wednesday Sept 15, 2010: Staying at home today, Hitting up the treadmill, doing some pull ups, sit ups, and push ups, followed by some weight lifting.

Thursday: Dont expect anything its overnights again and Ill sleep till about 430 then have to be back at work at 6, might squeeze in some running time. Well see how I feel.

Tik-Tok
09-15-2010, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
Monday I slept all day, got up way too late to go and wasnt up to it (damn graveyards..)

I'm right there with you. I'm 195lbs and want to get back to 180, but graveyards make it TOUGH. You just gotta force yourself. This week I'm 3am-1pm, and hit the gym straight from work, if you go home first, you won't go at all.

I do 70min. on an elliptical ("800 calories" according to the machine) 5 days a week, and do 20 minutes of weights, alternating days between biceps/back/abs, and triceps/chest/shoulders.

Today was especially difficult as I only got about 4 hours sleep last night, and very interrupted sleep at that. Half way through the cardio I just wanted to get off and go home, but forced myself to keep going.

No matter how tired you are, JUST KEEP GOING. Will power!

max_boost
09-15-2010, 03:57 PM
Start by reducing your carb intake by 50% and you'll watch the weight fall off.

bigbadboss101
09-15-2010, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Start by reducing your carb intake by 50% and you'll watch the weight fall off.

Very true. April to June I cut carbs, and milk, bread, pasta, eggs, sugary stuff and lost the puffiness. Pants and clothes felt good. July on I started eating fries, bread, muffins etc and things are getting tight again.

Shlade
09-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
I'm right there with you.

Yeah its a pain in the ass hey? Im having my GF start with me when I switch back onto day tho.. then on nights its time to go right after work then in the mornings. Ive got a goal and gotta reach it. Im not going with a super crazy diet or getting rid of bread and milk and what not since I love that stuff. But im Definetly going to cut back on it.

30lbs wont be too hard I hope, Ive got plenty of time to do it anyways! Vacation is key now and I want to go somewhere hot where I can actually take my shirt off! Should be good I hope!

Shlade
09-21-2010, 02:02 PM
nothing too crazy to update.. Just portioning out means threwout the day and doing a bunch of cardio atm.

Real updates should start in October after im done all my OT.

JMaj7
09-23-2010, 04:06 AM
You should break a sweat even on off days. Maybe do 30 minutes in stretching to sleep better? Do intervals and focus on all your muscle groups. Bigger the muscle group the higher the heart rate. Don't get comfortable on any one particular cardio exercise.

A790
09-24-2011, 05:08 PM
1 year bump!

How'd you do?

Unknown303
09-24-2011, 05:22 PM
Probably really well I bet.....

CMW403
09-27-2011, 08:53 PM
haha

scboss
09-28-2011, 01:56 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
nothing too crazy to update.. Just portioning out means threwout the day and doing a bunch of cardio atm.

Real updates should start in October after im done all my OT.

Set weekly goals. Results drive people to there goals no matter how big or small. I tell my clients this all the time. To simply just lose weight is boring aim for other things at the same time!

dirtsniffer
09-28-2011, 07:59 AM
^^^lol, gotta read the whoel thread first brosef

scboss
09-28-2011, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by dirtsniffer
^^^lol, gotta read the whoel thread first brosef

I did the guy is obviously lacking motivation. I use to work 14 hr days and still workout because I was motivated. IMO he has come up with very bland goals and is bored as shit trying to get them. Every single person i meet either says I want to lose weight, gain weight or get stronger. Pretty lame none specific things if you ask me

shakalaka
09-28-2011, 01:13 PM
Beyond is the best way imo. lol

If the person doesn't stick to the plan, it fuckin comes back to haunt them. Most people out of pure embarrassment probably get motivated.

max_boost
09-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Losing and gaining weight is easy. Getting strong and building muscles is hard. :devil:

As for the embarrassment thing, it didn't bother Vagabond142, he still posts just as much. I think he decided it was more worthwhile to play video games instead since it was more his element haha

shakalaka
09-28-2011, 01:48 PM
It's the complete opposite for me. I find it easier to gain muscle, get bigger/stronger but when it comes to toning/losing weight it's like a bloody mission impossible. :(

I need to get back into it though, I've been wanting to tone for a while now but keep ending up just doing straight hard weights. Diet is the key and that's the thing I need to get a handle on. Once I am cut all the fat that I am left with, I will have my dream body, don't wanna get any bigger.

scboss
09-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Whenever I'm starting my cut for fights I just do shitloads of burpees(barf), bodyweight movements and high rep low rest Olympic lifts. With a shit diet training 5x a week I went from 205-189 in 3 weeks. If you want to lose weight high rep low rest is gonna be one of your best bets. Unless your diet is in check u can't lose weight and lift heavy

max_boost
09-28-2011, 02:27 PM
I lost 20lbs, didn't lift any weights over a 6 week span and still maintained 90% of my strength. I was worried so went back and tested the lifts, still got (enough of) it. haha

Disoblige
09-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
I lost 20lbs, didn't lift any weights over a 6 week span and still maintained 90% of my strength. I was worried so went back and tested the lifts, still got (enough of) it. haha
How was this possible? lol
20 lb is a lot of weight to lose to keep 90% of your strength without lifting. In 6 weeks too! Not doubting, just want to learn :D

JfuckinC
09-28-2011, 02:52 PM
So many lazy fuckers claim to do it and don't on beyond haha..

I'm still down at like 220-225lbs (6'4" and bit) since i started last jan... used to be 270 at my fat boy peak lol.. Get tons of compliments and smokin hot babes like i used to before i was a chub, so it was fairly worth it :rofl:

Stop being girls and follow through :cry:

max_boost
09-28-2011, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige

How was this possible? lol
20 lb is a lot of weight to lose to keep 90% of your strength without lifting. In 6 weeks too! Not doubting, just want to learn :D

Come to think of it, it was more like 8 weeks lol

It was simple, the usual cut the carbs, 95% protein meals, chicken, seafood, vegetables and do it over and over.

If you see me, you'll notice how much thinner I am haha I'm about 140-145 depending on time of day but I was also this weight 2.5 years ago before I lifted any weights but unlike before, I have a bit of muscle now haha

shakalaka
09-28-2011, 03:20 PM
Max_boost did this thing called RFL. I am trying out a similar variant currently. It's only a week long. All you do is eat a certain mentioned food (or two) on the day and you can have as much of it as you want. Just nothing else. My sister in law lost 5 pounds in a week doing this and she's down 15 lbs over all.

I am so hungry right now tho and I ate all the fruit I brought with me to the firm. Just want to run out and grab a wrap or something. :(

Warcaster, how can you cut that much while being on a shit diet as you put it? I have no problems hitting the weights and can do that all day and night. It's the diet that gets me. And it's not that I eat junk a lot. I just can't eat the healthy crap in a timely manner sort of thing. So I can try and get the diet in as much order as possible but if I find a training routine that'll help me cut, I am grand.

I was thinking of starting this:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/26-doug--s-6-day-cutting-routine.html

If you tried and tested something else that has worked for you, I'd love to hear it and possibly give it a go. Just your statement of cutting that much weight with a shit diet and 5 day routine really astounds me. And not to mention excites me as well. Haha

Tik-Tok
09-28-2011, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
So many lazy fuckers claim to do it and don't on beyond haha..

Stop being girls and follow through :cry:

Well, since I mentioned it in my posts when Shlade started the post, I did lose my 15lbs. I didn't get shit done until the last 4 months though.

Started calorie counting in June (still at 195lbs then), attempting to keep it under 2000/day, but not always accomplishing, especially during vacation, that set me back a good month, hahah. Also doing 30 min hiit every other day (on average), and just hit 180lbs this week.

Didn't lose as much of my gut as I thought I would at 180 though. :(

max_boost
09-28-2011, 05:02 PM

Didn't lose as much of my gut as I thought I would at 180 though. :(

I hate that and I don't get it. I dropped 20lbs thinking I would get rid of my gut and I ate fairly well too but still not enough. No evidence of any abs yet. :rofl:

WTF, do I have to kick it up a notch and drop down to 130lbs to be that skinny but I have abs guy? :rofl:

bigbadboss101
09-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Must say you look good at the meet. I have been eating too much bread, cookies, muffins and sugary drinks. Need to be more discipline. I WILL put updates up.

Tik-Tok
09-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Must say you look good at the meet. I have been eating too much bread, cookies, muffins and sugary drinks. Need to be more discipline. I WILL put updates up.

Drinks is what really did it for me. It's surprising how many calories come from a day of drinking juice, iced tea, soda, and coffee (cream&sugar). Just drinking water (and morning coffee) cut my calories by 800-1000.

Abeo
09-28-2011, 08:11 PM
I dropped 30 lbs since April, went from ~190 to ~160 by cutting out carbs. Never hungry, have plenty of energy, and I sleep well :dunno:
Next step is to start working out again

Still waiting for schlade to show up...

scboss
09-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by shakalaka

Warcaster, how can you cut that much while being on a shit diet as you put it? I have no problems hitting the weights and can do that all day and night. It's the diet that gets me. And it's not that I eat junk a lot. I just can't eat the healthy crap in a timely manner sort of thing. So I can try and get the diet in as much order as possible but if I find a training routine that'll help me cut, I am grand.

I was thinking of starting this:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/26-doug--s-6-day-cutting-routine.html

If you tried and tested something else that has worked for you, I'd love to hear it and possibly give it a go. Just your statement of cutting that much weight with a shit diet and 5 day routine really astounds me. And not to mention excites me as well. Haha

Number one get out of the mindset of doing single bodypart routines as they will make you bulk.
Monday, Wed, Fri: Fullbody
Tuesday, Thurs, Sometimes Sat: Cardio

So each day pick one exercise that you will do technique/Strength work
Make them compound lift for ex: Squat, Deadlift, Clean/Jerk, Clean pulls,Snatch, Overhead Squat

Then follow this with some bodyweight work.
Then always end your day with some sort of Conditioning
Rule number 2 make burpees your number 1 priority. I started doing one after every set in the gym. I now do 10 after every set!

My monday looked like this
(10 burpees after every set)
Clean/Jerk 5x5
Hammer Grip Pullup 4xMax
Diamond Pushups 3x20
DB Snatch 3x15
TRX Row superset with Dips 3xmax
400m row superset with 20 tuck jumps x3 (no rest)

So yeah 180 Burpees haha but im use to it now. Start at 1 per set and build up.
The key is minimal breaks (1-1.5 minutes MAX)

I train tons of young and older people and this has worked with all of them. You will never lose weight doing isolations or strict 5x5 programs unless your diet is in check. (which you need carbs for :nut: )

BTW cutting carbs is moronic imo and will effect your lifts/burn you out. It works short term but it cannot be done forever and therefore shouldnt be done period. The key is to find a balance and make it a life change not a diet.

Your diet MUST have 3 things
Proteins
Carbs
Fats

scboss
09-28-2011, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by Abeo
I dropped 30 lbs since April, went from ~190 to ~160 by cutting out carbs. Never hungry, have plenty of energy, and I sleep well :dunno:
Next step is to start working out again

Still waiting for schlade to show up...

You dont eat veggies?

scboss
09-28-2011, 10:06 PM

Drinks is what really did it for me. It's surprising how many calories come from a day of drinking juice, iced tea, soda, and coffee (cream&sugar). Just drinking water (and morning coffee) cut my calories by 800-1000.

Yeah for sure i had a client that drank 5 cups of milk a day and was wondering why he didnt lose weight. So many empty calories.

Coffee is just like toast its fine by itself, the problem is what you put on it or in it. No one ever eats whole wheat bread with nothing and thats usually what does you in.

shakalaka
09-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Warcaster, thanks for your input.

Are you a professional trainer? I wouldn't mind doing a few sessions with you when time allows and possibly getting a proper routine/plan in order/on paper so it's easier to follow.

Which gym are you a trainer at? PM me with info. Thanks.

scboss
09-28-2011, 10:33 PM
yes I am pm sent

Abeo
09-29-2011, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by warcaster

You dont eat veggies?

Let me rephrase: I cut out refined carbs/grains/rice. I eat lots of veggies and nuts (which both have carbs), but I don't eat bread, pasta, rice, potato, sugar, etc. I did this for health reasons, the weight loss was a unintended (but welcome) byproduct.

Khyron
09-29-2011, 03:24 PM
Just run a lot.

Disoblige
09-30-2011, 03:48 PM
lol I've been eating carbs all my life and I love it too much.

Can't stop won't stop uhuh uhuh.

:D

scboss
09-30-2011, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
Just run a lot.

This and do long jump burpees :barf:

Shlade
09-30-2011, 07:17 PM
haha whoops lol

I forgot about this lol!

went down from 230- 210 now im up around 220lbs steady.

Lots of cardio and then started adding some supplements and eating better and the muscles are starting to show also.

Been doing great.

Haha fuck me I forgot all about this thread ahahha

Shlade
09-30-2011, 07:20 PM
Hit the gym about 6 times a week also. Sunday is my rest day.

Supplement wise only things I take is Myofusion protein, and BCAA Amino core during workout.

Took Superpump 250 for a while and loved it too but decided to start cutting back on the amount of stuff I take tho.

Riding 20kms a day usually helps also.

A790
10-08-2011, 09:30 AM
Glad you're on track man.

I'm 220 @12% BF lately. Going to keep cutting until end of Oct, then bulk until mid January.

Hell yes.

scboss
10-08-2011, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by A790
Glad you're on track man.

I'm 220 @12% BF lately. Going to keep cutting until end of Oct, then bulk until mid January.

Hell yes.

What method of testing did u use to test ur bf%?