PDA

View Full Version : Campaign signs and headquarters vandalized

Nusc
09-12-2010, 02:34 PM
http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20100912/CGY_naheed_nenshi_100912/20100912?hub=Calgary

"Our campaign team was able to provide a description of the people attacking these signs to Calgary police. We hope the public will be able to provide additional information to police through Crime Stoppers. This type of vandalism directed towards any minority group has got to stop."

Cos
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Son of a bitch, what the hell?

heinz256
09-12-2010, 02:37 PM
:facepalm:

01RedDX
09-12-2010, 02:38 PM

Melinda
09-12-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
McIver is getting desperate.
Another candidate would be stupid to be a part of something like this. Once it makes the news it just brings more attention to that person and people feel sorry for them. As much as it sucks, this whole thing has probably helped Nenshi's campaign a lot.

01RedDX
09-12-2010, 03:16 PM

Melinda
09-12-2010, 03:25 PM

Just stirring the pot, but how crazy would it be if Nenshi actually organized the whole incident to get "sympathy votes" and more attention for his campaign?
Totally not saying he did, but it certainly wouldn't be the first politician to pull something like that. Haha actually, go watch the new movie "Machete", it's based around something very similar to that.

rob the knob
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
is the popular opinion, on this forum,

calgary can vote for ethnic mayorilty candidate?

Spoons
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
I was incredibly drunk and angry walking home down 4th Ave in the NW on Friday. I knocked down every sign I saw. But I didn't racially choose which signs... I knocked down every fucking sign I saw.

Sorry guys.

ZenOps
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Rob Anders street posse at work?

Nenshi and Anders were schoolmates afterall. Bitter rivalries started early. Nenshi would probably have had an easier time moving to the US and running for president... No kidding there.

Graham_A_M
09-12-2010, 10:13 PM
^ Incredible. :rofl: you should have your own TV show.

Just stirring the pot, but how crazy would it be if Nenshi actually organized the whole incident to get "sympathy votes" and more attention for his campaign?
Thats just silly..... no.

So Alnoor Kassam created the bad press in his 2007 run, only to attempt to prove it wrong so we give him our sympathy vote?
:zzz:

This was done by 3rd party radicals. Nobody else (involved) would be stupid enough to do such a thing as this.
But alas, stirring the pot to be sure..... Its just not possible.

I think people in Western Canada have a lot more confused disdain for E.I. people then they'd like to admit.

Phenix
09-12-2010, 10:36 PM
Dam. That's stupid. I hate his stupid face book adds. But to wreck his street signs? That's pathetic.

01RedDX
09-12-2010, 11:08 PM

ZenOps
09-13-2010, 06:25 AM
Of course it was Rob Anders (don't quote me on that)

Sabotage is his thing, he pulls the trigger when in doubt, just like any good Jihadist.

Its almost the epitome of capitalist "Other peoples money" type mentality - use every advantage to beat the other guy which applies not only to economics but especially politics. Kim Jong Il didn't get to where he is without breaking out the baseball bat or at least the spray paint can every now and then.

Not that Nenshi is my first choice either - He got that United Nations job very early in life, but has seemed to coast since. I see him more as an idealist than a realist, which is deadly in a time of economic depression.

Cos
09-13-2010, 07:13 AM
Originally posted by ZenOps

:rofl: I like how you embrace it. +1 Sort of Troll

2002civic
09-13-2010, 07:14 AM

Always a possibility...

Xtrema
09-13-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by rob the knob
is the popular opinion, on this forum,

calgary can vote for ethnic mayorilty candidate?

I think u meant to say minority?

Yes. Eventually white will be the minority..... :D

But realistically, I really doubt it. Until the population demographic changes more. IMO (here comes the troll bait) correct me if I'm wrong, perceptions is that minorities need to be twice as good (or 1/2 as cheap) in order the secure the same job.

ercchry
09-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

IMO (here comes the troll bait) correct me if I'm wrong, perceptions is that minorities need to be twice as good (or 1/2 as cheap) in order the secure the same job.

not with employee equity plans they dont!

Feruk
09-13-2010, 09:54 AM
His signs get vandalized on 9-11 and suddenly it's racism? Heck, I would've thought that last name was Hindi... I wonder if they're thinking WAY too much into this. When I was punk kid, I did my share of sign kicking down and making signs dissapear. This could be nothing more then a kid trying to act "cool."

As for the description of the perpetrators... if they actually had anything besides the usual suspect (young, white, male, maybe wearing a hoodie), they would be busting people and not asking for advice in an online article.

Lame

Xtrema
09-13-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Feruk
His signs get vandalized on 9-11

Didn't you get the memo? 9-11 is Evil Muslims Day. All crimes on that day get pinned on Muslims.

:facepalm:

I agree, the media always looks for an angle to get more attentions.

PremiumRSX
09-13-2010, 12:30 PM
One of his campaign signs by my neighbourhood was vandalized but I don't see how it coincides with 9-11 if it happened 2 weeks ago.

CUG
09-13-2010, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
You bet your god-damned ass I'm quoting you on that..

People were tipping over Alnoor signs last time. This is pretty normal, aside from the chicken mulch that was dumped in the hole in the window.

1barA4
09-13-2010, 02:17 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAWWWWW

Welcome to Calgary, where we badmouth Amurrikans for being rednecks but wear scarves to hide ours!

The only thing that would've been funnier is if Nenshi had been Sikh or hell, Christian, and was targeted in an "anti-muslim" effort...

spikerS
09-13-2010, 03:35 PM
Lois: "9/11"
Crowd: *cheers*
Lois: "9"
Crowd: *gasp*
Lois: "11"
Crowd: *louder cheers*

0YOh-rpvjYg

EvolizePhoto
09-13-2010, 04:53 PM
I won't vote for nanshi. I cannot even pronounce his name. McIver gets my vote because he's a badass and responds to my comments on his facebook page.