PDA

View Full Version : fighting a traffic fine while absent

viboy
09-12-2010, 09:54 PM
My son just received a traffic ticket in Lethbridge that he wants to fight. The trouble is he works out of province and will be in Manitova when the ticket says that he needs to be in court to fight the ticket.

Is there a way for him to fight the ticket without being in attendance? If not is there a way that he can have the case postponed until he is back in Lethbridge in 3 months?

[Yu]
09-12-2010, 10:07 PM
Correct me if i'm wrong people, but I thought someone can represent for the accused offender.

[GaGe]
09-12-2010, 10:21 PM
After pleading not guilty, he can either send a letter to the Crown Prosecutor's office to request an adjournment, or have someone representing him in court to fight the ticket.

viboy
09-12-2010, 10:23 PM
I know that is the case in BC but my son is in AB and does not have alot of contacts that can represent him.

[GaGe]
09-12-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by viboy
I know that is the case in BC but my son is in AB and does not have alot of contacts that can represent him.

Then send a request for an adjournment, or hire a lawyer to represent him.

Tomaz
09-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by [GaGe]

Then send a request for an adjournment, or hire a lawyer to represent him.

This.

I had a lawyer represent me while I was on leave for 9 months. I wasn't even present for sentencing. I was contacted with the procedure that the judge wanted me to follow. Easy-breezy.