PDA

View Full Version : Is there a firewire-->USB adapter?

R-Audi
12-25-2003, 10:30 PM
Got an iPOD for Christmas (used v2 10gb) and the computer at my house that has a firewire built in doesn't have windows 2000, only 98, so I can't download any songs. Right now the easiest solution I know of is to get win 2000 from a friend, unless there is a FW-usb adapter. Any help/suggestiosn??
Unforunately this model doesn't support the dock which uses USB, so I need some help!

Luckily it came with 228 songs, so it isn'y completely useless right now!

(as you can tell, I am not too technologically saavy!):nut:

HillBilly
12-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Apple makes FW to USB adapters. What is stopping you from putting a firewire card in your PC?

R-Audi
12-27-2003, 04:43 PM
My computer at school doesn't have expandable ports, so that is the main reason, but we ended up getting a FW card for the calgary computer, so I will have to download everything there. I have the older IPOD, so the new USB cable doesn't work with it..

BigYellowMonkey
12-29-2003, 09:07 PM
I wasn't aware that there was a USB cable for iPods.

And even if there are adapters, a firewire PCI card is probably about the same price. Not to mention that, even if it's USB 2.0, it's still wayyy slower than firewire (400 mbps)

-Biggie!

hampstor
12-30-2003, 01:44 AM
I think I heard of such an adapter at London Drugs... I don't know for sure how much but a customer said around $30. Not sure how reliable that price is though.