PDA

View Full Version : Where to sign up for ball/indoor hockey?

LUDELVR
09-13-2010, 08:50 AM
I'm looking to get back into it because I'm a lazy ass! Does anyone know where to go to sign up for or drop in for indoor/floor hockey or is anyone who is playing need a player? I usually play goalie so let me know. :thumbsup:

sl888
09-16-2010, 07:33 AM
Check out Superleagues. Season started though....

revelations
09-16-2010, 09:05 AM
http://www.alliancefloorhockey.com/league.php?scriptName=LEAGUEINFO&leagueID=15768&leagueInfoID=58582

Its run out of two churches, but its not "churchy" or anything. I've been involved in the occasional scrap.

Non hitting, no wind-up slap shots, wood/composite sticks ok.

stefan.bounket
09-24-2010, 11:57 AM
you could try calgary sport and social clubs

it is rec but i think some leagues get pretty competitive... it is no contact and all that though.

Mar
09-24-2010, 12:30 PM
I've been playing for 3 seasons now with Calgary Sport And Social Club (CSSC). It was about $50 to play for the first season but then we signed up as a team and this season only cost me $27 for 9 weeks.

Eride
09-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by revelations
http://www.alliancefloorhockey.com/league.php?scriptName=LEAGUEINFO&leagueID=15768&leagueInfoID=58582

Its run out of two churches, but its not "churchy" or anything. I've been involved in the occasional scrap.

I am one of the organizers for this league, lots of guys from the super league play here as well. In my opinion the best ball hockey in the city. Online stats, draft, and waiver system for new players. Would love to have any new members join. We especially need a couple new goalies this season. Games are Tuesday Nights, will the odd Saturday. Cost is $60 for the season includes a t-shirt and 40 or so games. Let me know if you have any questions.

revelations
09-24-2010, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Eride

I am one of the organizers for this league, lots of guys from the super league play here as well. In my opinion the best ball hockey in the city. Online stats, draft, and waiver system for new players. Would love to have any new members join. We especially need a couple new goalies this season. Games are Tuesday Nights, will the odd Saturday. Cost is $60 for the season includes a t-shirt and 40 or so games. Let me know if you have any questions.

I played on Aaron's team last year....it was pretty good hockey; playoffs got a little intense/personal at times for some people though.

Eride
09-24-2010, 01:54 PM
Ya man, just like anything people can take it far too seriously. But on average I find its a great, competitive fun league to be a part of. 2nd week of pre season is this Tuesday so still time for new guys to sign up.

heinz256
09-24-2010, 02:00 PM
60 bucks for 40 games?! wow

How long is each game?

Eride
09-24-2010, 02:04 PM
Each game is 30minutes, 2 15min halves. You play 2 games a night.

Canucks3322
09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by revelations

I'm a little curious as to what happens after a scrap? lol do you guys pray for forgiveness and talk about it?!...seeing as it's a Christian league...my parents are Christian so I'm not poking fun or anything just wondering...or is there some kind of outreach program integrated into the games, seems weird and honestly makes me a little apprehensive in joining...

Eride
09-24-2010, 03:56 PM
No outreach program or anything like that, just show up and play hockey. We frown upon fights and that sort of thing, penalize them and hand out suspensions when needed just like most rec leagues. You are more than welcome to show up this coming Tuesday free of charge to check it out, if you don't like it you don't have to come back.

dandia89
09-24-2010, 04:42 PM
don't go into CSSC for floor hockey. it's not even hockey with the rules they put in

revelations
09-24-2010, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

I'm a little curious as to what happens after a scrap? lol do you guys pray for forgiveness and talk about it?!...seeing as it's a Christian league...my parents are Christian so I'm not poking fun or anything just wondering...or is there some kind of outreach program integrated into the games, seems weird and honestly makes me a little apprehensive in joining...

The guys that run it are Christian, but you definitely dont see anything like an "outreach" program there - or anything "churchy" for that matter. Were just a bunch of guys who love hockey.

Just like regular hockey, penalties and suspensions are dished out for misconduct... no prayer circles or anything...

The age range is from 17-40 something? So a really good mix of people..... tons of talent as well (or in my case, lots of effort and no talent).

Mar
09-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by dandia89
don't go into CSSC for floor hockey. it's not even hockey with the rules they put in
No stick blades above the waist and 3 seconds grace in the corners. Nothing wrong with that.

bigbadboss101
09-25-2010, 12:24 AM
I played in the CSC league before, and a few games subbing for the team that ended up winning it last year. Only thing is I have something going on Tuesday night. Good calibre ball.

You can also check GHL. They have a website and play at NSD and other locations.

bigbadboss101
09-25-2010, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Canucks3322

Stu Grimson is Christian and he fights but is pretty decent guy off the ice. Hordichuk is supposed to be too but I don't like his style.

bigbadboss101
10-03-2010, 02:13 PM
Looks like teams are set and season starts Tuesday. Who might be the favorites? I see Aaron, Dan, Eric and couple others are way ahead of others in terms of points total :-)

Canucks3322
10-03-2010, 02:32 PM
Fyi....CSSC also has no offside rule, it gets kind of boring playing defence when you can just dump it down or make a stretch pass down to another person on your team standing behind the defence and right in front of the goalie lol....

Eride
10-03-2010, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
Looks like teams are set and season starts Tuesday. Who might be the favorites? I see Aaron, Dan, Eric and couple others are way ahead of others in terms of points total :-)

Haha ya we drafted teams yesterday should be a great season for sure. Still room for guys to sign up too, will be put through on waivers. A few guys from beyond will be playing this year as well. Are you Bigbaboss?

skyfx
10-03-2010, 09:00 PM

Haha ya we drafted teams yesterday should be a great season for sure. Still room for guys to sign up too, will be put through on waivers. A few guys from beyond will be playing this year as well. Are you Bigbaboss?

Kinda interested in signing up, what's the skill level of most people there? And could you give me a quick overview of the waiver system?

Alterac
10-03-2010, 09:24 PM
Ive played in these three leagues so far:

1. Superleages

2. GHL Sports

3. Calgary Sport and Social Club

I put them in order in what I feel is the competitiveness.

Eride
10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
Hey man, the skill level is really from guys who light up the Superleague all the way to guys who are just beginning. Overall the league average I would say is pretty good. Out of 125 guys 50 are really good competitive players, 60 are average with some hockey experience, and 15 would be sort of starting out. Lots of room for anyone in between.

The waiver system is a bit complicated, but basically any new players who want to play fill out a registration rating skill level, previous experience playing hockey and commitment level. This then goes to the teams who have all been ranked in waiver priority based on wins/losses and number of players on the team. Captains then bid on players who they want. Join up man will be a great year for super cheap.

Originally posted by skyfx

Kinda interested in signing up, what's the skill level of most people there? And could you give me a quick overview of the waiver system?

skyfx
10-05-2010, 02:25 PM
Hey man, the skill level is really from guys who light up the Superleague all the way to guys who are just beginning. Overall the league average I would say is pretty good. Out of 125 guys 50 are really good competitive players, 60 are average with some hockey experience, and 15 would be sort of starting out. Lots of room for anyone in between.

The waiver system is a bit complicated, but basically any new players who want to play fill out a registration rating skill level, previous experience playing hockey and commitment level. This then goes to the teams who have all been ranked in waiver priority based on wins/losses and number of players on the team. Captains then bid on players who they want. Join up man will be a great year for super cheap.

Thanks, I think Im guna give this a shot, so do you register online or in person?

Eride
10-05-2010, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by skyfx

Thanks, I think Im guna give this a shot, so do you register online or in person?

Online man, whats your skill level like? I'll try to draft you, have a few other Beyonders on my team as well.

revelations
10-05-2010, 06:51 PM

Online man, whats your skill level like? I'll try to draft you, have a few other Beyonders on my team as well.

Which team?

bigbadboss101
10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
I am on the Bruins, how about u guys. Can't make this Saturday though, have a wedding.

revelations
10-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by bigbadboss101
I am on the Bruins, how about u guys. Can't make this
Saturday though, have a wedding.

Mikes team, the Ducks.

Eride
10-13-2010, 10:54 AM
I'm playing on the flames, won both our games last Saturday each by only a goal though. Some really even competition this year.

Eride
09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Just in case anyone else is interested, about to launch a new season here on September 12th. 40 regular season games plus playoffs, 12 teams, full stats, and a draft for $60 (includes a t-shirt).

Sept 12 and 19th are pre-season, register online and show up to showcase your skills.

http://www.alliancefloorhockey.com/league.php?scriptName=HOME&leagueID=15768

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alliance-Floor-Hockey/269170353093683