PDA

View Full Version : LF: Crude Oil Sample

Karim316
09-13-2010, 09:41 AM
Hey Guys

Not sure which forum to put this in, but I thought maybe someone working in the industry could help me

I am doing a side project and I'm looking for samples of crude. Specifically heavy, sweet, and sour crudes and bitumen. I need it in its orginal extracted state unrefined. I don't need alot probably enough to fill one of those canning jam jars.

Does anyone know where I could find this?

Thanks

badatusrnames
09-13-2010, 12:53 PM
Call AGAT labs, they've got everything under the sun on site... although they might not be able to release customer samples to you.

ExtraSlow
09-13-2010, 01:11 PM
AGAT, CoreLabs would both have this stuff, although I doubt they'd give it to you. It's technically hazardous, so they are pretty careful with it.

I have seen a few older guys with samples of different crudes on thier desks, but I have no idea where they get them from.

badatusrnames
09-13-2010, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow
AGAT, CoreLabs would both have this stuff, although I doubt they'd give it to you. It's technically hazardous, so they are pretty careful with it.

I have seen a few older guys with samples of different crudes on thier desks, but I have no idea where they get them from.

I had a sample of Swan Hills crude on my desk... but I had to go to the field and get it myself!

princeaidin
09-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Karim316 quit being lazy and go upnorth like I told you!!! Jeez people these days.

Karim316
09-16-2010, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by princeaidin
Karim316 quit being lazy and go upnorth like I told you!!! Jeez people these days.

hahaha, did you write this as you were talking to me?

Thanks Extraslow, I found samples through CoreLabs