PDA

View Full Version : Good Body Shops?

SAiamNE
12-25-2003, 11:11 PM
I just recently bought a 1990 RX-7. On the rear fenders there is a tiny bit of rust "under" the paint. I would like to get rid of this as little things like this really piss me off... Is there any good body shop that can peal off the paint and get to the rust. Take out all the rust and do some touch up on the paint? If they were to do this, how hard do you think it would be to match the original color (black). Has anyone done something like this, if so how did it turn out? I really do not want to pay $2000+ for a new paint job.

Thanks

M_Power
12-25-2003, 11:37 PM
the topic of good bodyshops has been discussed previously, if you want do a search and alot of info will come up

MK3HKS
12-25-2003, 11:48 PM
pm redline_13000

googe
12-26-2003, 03:44 AM
macleod trail autobody

was recommended to me by someone else on the forums and personally i wouldnt even get an estimate anywhere but there cause my experience with them was that good. they have very good prices too.

B69
12-26-2003, 01:35 PM
even if u get it done the rust will eventually come back, but you wouldent just be able to touch it up. to properly do it you would paint the quater.

method
12-27-2003, 05:14 PM
stay away from janet's autobody.

/////AMG
12-27-2003, 06:15 PM
A A A Auto Body, awesome paint jobs

BBMac
12-28-2003, 08:11 PM
If the car is black it is an easy match because that it the only color that can be matched exactly provided trhere is no oxidation and a few other things. You might try Hallmark Autobody on 9th ave. in inglewood, I was previously employed there and they did very good work. If you are interested I may be able to do it for you, depends when and if you want someone you don't know very well working on your car.

redline_13000
12-28-2003, 11:08 PM
Barlow autobody, just north of 32nd NE on 19st. They have done lots of work on my jimmy, it looked better than new when I got it back. And GREAT prices:thumbsup:

tegdream
12-28-2003, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Porsche_944
A A A Auto Body, awesome paint jobs

shameless plug :rolleyes:

let's some of the pics of their work!

izzoblitzo
12-28-2003, 11:26 PM
SOS Autobody is a pretty good place... pretty good people, and they know what they're talking about.. they seem to do alotta luxury and exotics too.

ask for Loc.

ZorroAMG
12-29-2003, 06:58 PM
Exotic Cars International..ask for Ernest, he painted and installed my AMG bumper and Ducktail.

tegdream
12-29-2003, 06:59 PM
check your pm!

/////AMG
12-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by tegdream

shameless plug :rolleyes:

let's some of the pics of their work!

Fine, I'll get some pics and scan them and show you.

Redlyne_mr2
12-29-2003, 08:36 PM
I will be doing a paint job shortly to one of my cars. I expect perfection and a glasslike finish but I also dont want to shell out 5K. Solution go to some of the domestic swap meets and shows (ie world of wheels), talk to the guys with the hotrods and the flawless paint jobs. They'll be able to get you in touch with the private jobs that will do a worldclass shop without charging you a high retail price

Redlyne_mr2
12-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by SAiamNE
I just recently bought a 1990 RX-7. On the rear fenders there is a tiny bit of rust "under" the paint. I would like to get rid of this as little things like this really piss me off... Is there any good body shop that can peal off the paint and get to the rust. Take out all the rust and do some touch up on the paint? If they were to do this, how hard do you think it would be to match the original color (black). Has anyone done something like this, if so how did it turn out? I really do not want to pay $2000+ for a new paint job.

Thanks
After reading deeper into your thread I noticed that you want to keep things as cheaper as possible. Give Maaco in Red Deer a call. They did an incredible job on my corolla gts, full color change, 5 hours of body work, rock guard etc for a price that I wont post...just pm me. I recommend Red Deer maaco because the small town shops arent under a huge amount of pressure like the big Calgary one that have many more jobs to complete
here are pics
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31258

autospeed
12-29-2003, 09:48 PM
AAA Auto is great. I've worked there for about 5 years now. The most cost effective and good looking way would be to grind out the rust and prime and paint that area then wetsand the whole panel and apply the clearcoat on the whole panel that so that there's no large marks of where it was painted.

dolphine6
12-31-2003, 11:24 AM
Can anyone give me some information on how to find a supercharger for my car, the one I have is almost dead and I don,t want to go through the dealership. Thanks for any help you may give.:

hockeybronx
01-01-2004, 10:34 PM
Go to Imperial Collision Service up by Deefoot and 16th Ave. They can do anything to any part of the car for any price range. Just get a quote from them.