PDA

View Full Version : shop to drill cf hood & pins

cream
09-13-2010, 03:38 PM
hey, just looking for a reputable shop that does quality. i know technically 'every' shop can do it, but no one wants their brand new hood drilled into and cracked. thanks ;)

X_EVO_X
09-13-2010, 04:46 PM
I did mine my self , it was easy. Try and find a member maybe to give you a hand before paying a shop to do it.

-Tristan

DonJuan
09-13-2010, 04:56 PM
Its pretty easy google and try it yourself. The most improtant thing is to tape up the area you are gonna drill, and drill SLOWLY!

dsr7723
09-13-2010, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Its pretty easy google and try it yourself. The most improtant thing is to tape up the area you are gonna drill, and drill SLOWLY!

Haven't drilled too many holes in your life have you? Drilling slowly into brittle materials is the best way to incur damage by cracking.

Use a very sharp punch tool and hammer to gently but firmly punch a guide dent/hole, mask the area to be drilled and drill on the fastest setting. CF is brittle trust me you don't wanna drill slow into it. And for your guide hole don't hammer too hard either or it will crack as well. Better yet just use a really sharp object to gouge and scrape a starter guide, draw an X and scrape a bit right at the intersection and that's where you want to drill. Use hole saw bits, they'll cut a perfect circle every time.

RZRSHARP_SVX
09-13-2010, 09:46 PM
i did areo catch pins on a c/f hood and as long as you follow the directions and measure twice cut once and take your time. its not all that hard.

redsrt4
09-13-2010, 10:32 PM
i need someone to install my sparco hood pin too:)

Cooked Rice
09-14-2010, 03:34 AM
high speed, light pressure, you can even put the drill in reverse if you're anal.

Spoons
09-14-2010, 04:57 AM
Screamin' Paintworks does it I believe, and a darn good job if I remember correctly.