PDA

View Full Version : Laser install and test question.

R&D
09-13-2010, 08:21 PM
How many on here have Laser jammers??

I was thinking of getting one, read quite a bit on other forums about them, but they say you have to have a method of getting it tested after you have it installed, to see if it is aligned right.

So has anyone has done this??................:dunno:

frizzlefry
09-13-2010, 08:53 PM
I have a blinder. Bought it and had it installed at tunerworks. Total price was about 750$. There is a rule that the two heads should not be more than 18 inches from the center of the corresponding headlight. Due to the design of my car, 04 A6, they had to install them in the lower grill, a bit further than I would hope. The centre grill rises with the hood, opening and closing it would have thrown the alignment off after time. Anyways, it comes with a level tool you can use to make sure they are aimed correctly. Tunerworks did a real good job. I have never tested mine but jammed numerous traps....I know because a) I was speeding when first hit and b) they kept shooting me with the laser until I turned the jammer off. Then one more hit registered on my v1 and then stopped (because the finally get my speed). That’s typical of all my encounters. One time I got hit, jammed the gun 2 times, turned the blinder off, then got hit 3 times. As I passed the cop he looked at me and held up 3 fingers as if to say "hey jammer boy, got ya 3 times"....yeah cause I turned it off :) Remember, TURN IT OFF once you have slowed down after a hit. They are legal but why risk it.

I would have it installed professionally. The Blinder M27 is a great product. Honestly, not as powerful as a Laser Interceptor but more reliable (from what I hear) and blinder has AWESOME support, software updates etc etc. Best place to ask about jammers is here: http://www.radardetector.net/forums/
There is a blinder rep that cruises the forums, great guy, offers great deals to people. They post test results and stuff too. There are guys on there who own all the models of laser guns and organize testing events.

If you are worried about installing it right, get it done professionally....no wiggle room on installing them.

R&D
09-19-2010, 12:14 AM
It is odd that with these M27/M47 units being installed in Alberta, be it Calgary or Edmonton that there is not any where they have test or someone runs (Laser guns) independent ones either.

R&D
09-26-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by R&D
It is odd that with these M27/M47 units being installed in Alberta, be it Calgary or Edmonton that there is not any where they have test or someone runs (Laser guns) independent ones either.

BUMP

No response to this one.............:werd:

Maybe because I live in Edmonton .......;) ;) ;)