PDA

View Full Version : Ford My Touch

Cos
09-15-2010, 12:53 PM
jYeLaDeS3Ro

Pretty cool, hope it works as well as it seems it could.

4lti
09-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Very cool I must say.
Probably gonna suck cause its a ford tho....
I have a feeling its going to be maaaad complicated to be setting up all your "Personal" settings that not many people will actually be down for setting all that up.
Even if you did set it all up, that shit looks COMPLICATED to the max. Car accedents trying to figure that stuff out hhahahha.

Cos
09-15-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by 4lti

I have a feeling its going to be maaaad complicated to be setting up all your "Personal" settings that not many people will actually be down for setting all that up.
Even if you did set it all up, that shit looks COMPLICATED to the max. Car accedents trying to figure that stuff out hhahahha.

and the iDrive system isnt? I dunno doesnt seem that horrible to me.

Unknown303
09-15-2010, 01:08 PM
Seems pretty decent. Ford seems to be setting the bar for the other domestics. Will have to wait and see how it handles in a production vehicle. Also I'm a little concerned about some people having that in there vehicle who are already borderline incapable of driving.

sneek
09-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 4lti
Very cool I must say.
Probably gonna suck cause its a ford tho....

Coming from someone who owned a bimmer for a while, I can honestly say that Sync blows iDrive out of the water. I think Ford is improving very rapidly, but they still have some catching up to do.

Rat Fink
09-15-2010, 01:30 PM

freshprince1
09-15-2010, 02:19 PM
Looks pretty cool, and quite intuitive. I think it will be pretty simple to use, look s a lot more intuitive than the iDrive - but I haven't used an iDrive other than an '05 so I don't know if they've gotten better. Amazing how electronic cars are these days. If you lose your battery power, you're screwed.

swak
09-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
Seems pretty decent. Ford seems to be setting the bar for the other domestics. Will have to wait and see how it handles in a production vehicle. Also I'm a little concerned about some people having that in there vehicle who are already borderline incapable of driving.

This.

But i think GM is one step above them still.
Ford comes out with something like this, GM takes it and makes it 100x better next year, and makes Ford look like crap.

GM is sooo ahead of their game, IMO, for the domestic market.

*Im referring to full-size trucks primarily. (F150 v. Chevy 1500)

... But with that being said, i strongly believe that technology is getting a little bit ridiculous as far as vehicles are concerned. I remember my first truck (with a big block), you can see right through the engine bay to the ground.
NOW, everything has a sensor, cars can park themselves, and brake for you... Its bullshit.

M.alex
09-15-2010, 02:39 PM
Enjoy the repair costs when it fails out of warranty :rofl:

911fever
09-16-2010, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by swak

This.

But i think GM is one step above them still.
Ford comes out with something like this, GM takes it and makes it 100x better next year, and makes Ford look like crap.

GM is sooo ahead of their game, IMO, for the domestic market.

*Im referring to full-size trucks primarily. (F150 v. Chevy 1500)

... But with that being said, i strongly believe that technology is getting a little bit ridiculous as far as vehicles are concerned. I remember my first truck (with a big block), you can see right through the engine bay to the ground.
NOW, everything has a sensor, cars can park themselves, and brake for you... Its bullshit.

GM fails in every regard, reliability to customer satisfaction to interior. Even to performance, Camaro < Mustang. All it's got going for it are the Cruz and the ZR1. Failure on every count in the rest of its lineup. Is it improving? Yes. But is it at Ford level even? Not yet.

Originally posted by M.alex

iDrive isn't that unreliable and it's made with poorly designed electrical components and electronics. I'm fairly sure new Japanese components and the technology in these Ford's are much more reliable than even iDrive and Comand by Mercedes. Should be a great addition to their lineup.

AaronK
09-16-2010, 04:27 PM
This is so sweet, too bad its ford... :D

Xtrema
09-16-2010, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by M.alex

I think this applies to every car made since 2004.