PDA

View Full Version : Out of province insurance

93VR6
09-15-2010, 05:49 PM
I got rear ended this morning, police reports were filed and it was clear it was the other drivers fault.

The other driver has valid insurance but is from manitoba. I called Manitoba Public Insurance and they told me to fax over any information I had so I did that as well. They say it will take atleast until tomorrow afternoon before they even have an adjuster on the case.

Is there anyone here that knows how to light a proverbial fire under the insurance companies ass so I can get this dealt with as soon as possible? Anything that I can do or say that will speed up the process.

Zewind
09-15-2010, 06:05 PM
Do you have Collision coverage on your vehicle?

If Yes : Talk to your insurance company they will represent you and help with the process.

If No: You're S.O.L MPI is Government run so basically no there isnt much you can do to speed them up.

Be nice - once you get an adjuster give him a call every day or 2 to see if there is anything you can do to help speed up the process.

Masked Bandit
09-16-2010, 07:17 AM
Assuming you have full coverage you've got nothing to worry about. Call your "guy" and your company will take care of everything and deal with MPI behind the scenes. If you don't have full coverage though, sit down and get comfy. There is no way anything with a government insurance provider is going to go quick and you have no leverage over them. They will take their sweet-ass time.