PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Brake Pads

automachine
09-16-2010, 01:02 AM
I need a set of pads on the cheap and I found a coupon for a site called discbrakepads.net (brakesale-0930-2010). Was curious if anyone has used them before? They seem to have good prices but I’ve never heard of Lomandi??

G-ZUS
09-16-2010, 07:59 AM
brakes are 1 car part i dont like to cheap out on

Tarrantula
09-16-2010, 08:10 AM
I got mine on ebay. 35 for both fronts. Work Perfect.

Tik-Tok
09-16-2010, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by G-ZUS
brakes are 1 car part i dont like to cheap out on

:werd:

My dad really drove that into me when I got my first car, and we were changing the brakes together. Your brakes are THE most important part of your car. If anything else happens, you NEED to be able to stop as quickly and controlled as possible.

master hec0
09-16-2010, 09:09 AM
just go to canadian tire. they have Nascar brake pads on for 50% off so that makes them about the same price as the economy line of pads.

automachine
09-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Is Nascar brake pads good quality?
I check Canadian Tire website that pad, couldn't find it do you know how much they selling this?

Originally posted by master hec0
just go to canadian tire. they have Nascar brake pads on for 50% off so that makes them about the same price as the economy line of pads.

G-ZUS
09-16-2010, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by automachine
I check Canadian Tire website that pad, couldn't find it do you know how much they selling this?

They are made by Raybestos. Last time i picked up a set for my accord for 39.99

master hec0
09-16-2010, 02:17 PM
you have to go to the part counter to get the price or call the parts counter. the price varies by car but they are half off till next friday. they are regularly 50$ for mine but are on for 25 right now. cheaper than the economy line so its a good time to buy.

whiskas
09-16-2010, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by automachine

If they use them on race cars they gotta be good :D

Sentry
09-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Cheapies work and they'll be fine if it's a minivan or some shit, but they SUCK ASS if you've got a decently quick car and will need to stop in a hurry from higher speeds some times.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-16-2010, 05:00 PM
Id say tires are number one for emergency stops for non race/high performance vehicles.

Still wouldn't cheap out on brakes!

bourge73
09-16-2010, 05:14 PM
+1 for that. Dont cheap out you 'll be sorry cause most of them will squeek and it'll drive you crazy and you end up changing them out again anyways. Good pads are like $50-75 dont be such a cheap ass.

LEGiiT
09-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Brakes and tires are 2 things you should never cheap out on your car, in my opinion.

automachine
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
thanks guys.
I will go buy today.

msommers
09-17-2010, 08:09 AM
Are HAWKS brake pads really that much more expensive? I'd trust them before some CT stuff.

CapnCrunch
09-17-2010, 08:26 AM
I'm sure this guy means cheaply priced pads, not cheap quality. Just because it has a cheap price, doesn't mean it won't do the job.

adidas
09-17-2010, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by CapnCrunch
I'm sure this guy means cheaply priced pads, not cheap quality. Just because it has a cheap price, doesn't mean it won't do the job.

It will definitely do the job, he will just be replacing them after 6 months as opposed to paying a bit more and having good quality and not worrying about them for quite some time

D911
09-18-2010, 12:38 AM
lol my ebay pads have been working flawlessly for the last year, and only squeeked for the first little while cuz i forgot to put some antisqueel stuff on them before installnig.

keep in mind i drive a slow ass civic, so i didnt really need phenominal stopping power.

CapnCrunch
09-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by adidas

It will definitely do the job, he will just be replacing them after 6 months as opposed to paying a bit more and having good quality and not worrying about them for quite some time

You don't seem to know the difference between cheaply priced and cheap quality.

adidas
09-18-2010, 12:09 PM

You don't seem to know the difference between cheaply priced and cheap quality.

Ever seen an Armani shirt being sold for a low price? ...Exactly, it does not exist. Nor does GOOD FUCKING BRAKE PADS for "cheap"

cream
09-18-2010, 12:11 PM

Ever seen an Armani shirt being sold for a low price? ...Exactly, it does not exist. Nor does GOOD FUCKING BRAKE PADS for "cheap"

actually, they do exist... like everywhere. depending on what you consider as cheap. 50$ for an armani shirt can be found almost everywhere, just not at the armani store.

CapnCrunch
09-19-2010, 07:04 AM

Thats a great comparison. So what exactly does an Armani shirt do that a $20 shirt from Walmart do? Maybe look a litttle nicer? So if he want nicer looking brake pads he can drop extra money on them. If he wants something that works, he can buy a cheap set.

Thanks for proving my point. :thumbsup:

962 kid
09-19-2010, 10:28 AM

Thats a great comparison. So what exactly does an Armani shirt do that a $20 shirt from Walmart do? Maybe look a litttle nicer? So if he want nicer looking brake pads he can drop extra money on them. If he wants something that works, he can buy a cheap set.

Thanks for proving my point. :thumbsup:

You mean "If he wants quality brake pads that will perform quietly, quickly, consistently, in all weather conditions with minimal brake dust he can drop extra money on them. If he is comfortable giving up some of those attributes, he can buy a cheap set"

:thumbsup: I think that sums it up a little better. I'm sure cheap pads will work fine for 99% of driving, but the point of paying extra is to know that they will work in ALL driving conditions. That means they are able to slow properly when wet, or able to withstand heavy braking in mountain roads or any other situation you could encounter on public roads.

Do you really want to be the one to discover that the company that makes your 35 cent pads uses materials that disintegrate when significantly stressed? I sure hope your family isn't with you at the time, because I bet they wouldn't have wanted to take that risk.

derpderp
09-19-2010, 03:10 PM
To bad spending over $50.00 on an Armani shirt doesn't stop you from being a douche bag wearing Armani, do you want a set of Pumas with your order?

bourge73
09-19-2010, 03:32 PM
^^nope just one set of real shitty, cheap ass brake pads please..

adidas
09-19-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by derpderp
To bad spending over $50.00 on an Armani shirt doesn't stop you from being a douche bag wearing Armani, do you want a set of Pumas with your order?

you mad im stylin' on you brah?

coal_troll
09-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by LEGiiT
Brakes and tires are 2 things you should never cheap out on your car, in my opinion.

Yup...