PDA

View Full Version : iphone and ebay cables...?

Dumbass17
09-17-2010, 07:35 AM
alright so i have boughten two different cables off of ebay to try to charge my iphone 3gs cause my original apple cable broke.
the first cable i bought charged the phone no problem at first. now it won't work anymore. it still charges my ipod and everything but it won't work with my iphone so that's why i bought a second cable. the second cable did the same thing, it worked a few times and then it just stopped, yet it still works with my ipod. what the hell is going on?!
also, it's a jailbroken iphone, i had not tried any other cables previous to being jailbroke besides the original one it came with.
this is getting annoying to have to borrow my roommates cable, which is also about to break.

any ideas what is going on?

arian_ma
09-17-2010, 07:46 AM
I also have an eBay cable, but that refuses to charge anything. Those cables suck my balls.

98type_r
09-17-2010, 07:51 AM
No idea what's going on with your cables, but just go to dealextreme.com and but yourself a bundle of them at $3/each and if one breaks throw it away.

Dumbass17
09-17-2010, 08:03 AM
are these going to be like the ebay cables and just stop working right away? haha^^

buh_buh
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
I've got an ebay cable that's worked fine and I've had it for a few months. Maybe you need one of those adapter things.

benyl
09-17-2010, 08:06 AM
I have bought monoprice cables and they work like a charm.

I always add a few to any order I make. I have them at home, in the car at work.

EDIT: I guess they don't sell them anymore.

We have decided to suspend offering these products as part of our business plan. We will let you know if and when we resume selling these products. We truly apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you

eblend
09-17-2010, 09:28 AM
Make sure you get the right cables....alot of the cheap cables only have actualy physical connection for only the power leads, and since Apple switched which leads are used for power few generations ago, some cables will no longer work for charging, where others will. Also, some cables will only work for chargin and not for data, once again, because there isn't physical leads in the cable to support all those features.

Usually I buy from dealextreme and people there have reviews and ask whether it will charge the newer ipods ect, since some of them won't.

Don't explain why it worked before and now doesn't though, unless your connector leads are just busted

rage2
09-17-2010, 09:52 AM
I stopped buying those HK cheap ipod cables, extensions and charge adapters because they all either fail out of the box, or fail shortly after. I just spent the money and went with the Cablejive cables, zero problems. It's nice I don't have to keep my iPhone in the glovebox in the cars with actual working extensions haha. The cablejive cables pass every single pin on the iPhone/iPod/iPad adapter properly.

Dumbass17
09-18-2010, 12:41 AM
i ordered 3 cables from dealextreme, they say theyre for the iphone so we'll see what happens. had good reviews too

95teetee
09-18-2010, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by benyl
I have bought monoprice cables and they work like a charm.

I always add a few to any order I make. I have them at home, in the car at work.

EDIT: I guess they don't sell them anymore.

I have a few of the monoprice ones (like the 110v one that I paid like $3 for- a buddy paid about $30 for the same sort of thing with 'apple' on it lol). And the handiest item has to be the rechargable battery pack:thumbsup:

Dumbass17
09-19-2010, 04:18 AM
yeah i bought the rechargable battery pack for my ipod/iphone to take on this trip but it stopped working a week before i left so it was useless haha.

they need a solar powered patch usb thing which charges your batteries that you can attach to like a backpack strap or something and to your ipod/iphone, that'd be great for hiking etc. god my brain is awesome

ryder_23
09-19-2010, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Dumbass17

they need a solar powered patch usb thing which charges your batteries that you can attach to like a backpack strap or something and to your ipod/iphone, that'd be great for hiking etc. god my brain is awesome

This
http://www.mymacstore.com/product_info.php/products_id/3234?osCsid=69757f5dfcecf81dc4d936a2d1ef5e66

plus

http://www.amazon.ca/Charger-Battery-Blackberry-Motorola-Samsung/dp/B003D0GHV0

Just did a quick Google search, but I'm sure with more searching you can find one that works for your needs, budget, and probably better quality.

cam_wmh
10-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Bumpin this...

Anyone found an HDMi iPhone4 cable?

Ive googled a bit, to no avail.