PDA

View Full Version : Question about insurance after an accident

shtock99
09-17-2010, 08:42 AM
OK here's my question, on Wednesday Sept 15th I got rear ended. I have never been in accident before so had no idea what to do, I took all the guys insurance information, the insurance company name, ph number, policy number and name on the insurance card. I didn't take anything else which i now know i fucked up royally not doing. We didn't go to the police but after making a phone call and this gentleman who hit me being gone was told I should go file an accident report which I did.

now my question is, is there enough information my insurance company to call the other insurance company to talk to them? my adjuster that I got is telling me I don't, the police are telling me there is more then enough information for them to call. My adjuster is also telling me that I need to keep contacting the police to see if they have found the gentleman so he can file a police report and get more information on him, should that not be her job?

Im hoping there is an insurance adjuster on here who can help me out

Thanks,

Cory

Kloubek
09-17-2010, 08:45 AM
I'm no insurance guy, but here are my thoughts:

You didn't fuck up royally. You're fine. Take a breather.

You've done your police report. No need (as far as I know) to follow up to ensure he does his.

Call your insurance company, and provide them with the details. You'll be fine.

shtock99
09-17-2010, 08:49 AM
I have called ny insurance company and let them know the details, and the insuranc adjuster that I got is telling me it's not enough information for her to call the other insurance company, and that I have to keep calling the police and seeing if they have contacted him and got his report.

So basically what I'm asking is, would it be fine for me to tell her to stop being a lazy ass and do her job? Of course in a much nicer way

ercchry
09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
call back and ask for a competent adjuster

FraserB
09-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Time to go over her head, you have all his insurance info so there is enough to get a claim started. If they really care to hear his side of the story, its not your job to get him in contact with them.

shtock99
09-17-2010, 08:57 AM
That's kind of what I thought, gonna make a call right now thanks for the help

G-ZUS
09-17-2010, 09:34 AM
I hate incompetent adjusters. I am currently dealing with one, it's soo annoying, like I have to tell her how to do her job what she can and cant do

Xtrema
09-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Why would an adjuster care if you have enough info? Isn't their job is to only assess the damage? That's the insurance company's problem.

BTW, you need insurance, registration and DL info to be safe. In case one of those is bogus.

Masked Bandit
09-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ercchry
call back and ask for a competent adjuster

THIS! I frickin' hate when lazy-ass adjusters try to get the client to do all the legwork. That's THEIR job.

OP, what is the name of your insurance company (not broker)?

shtock99
09-17-2010, 10:40 AM
millennium insurance, the adjuster is also with them. I talked to her and she told me shes been doing this for 15 years blah blah the other insurance company will need the make and model of the vehicle blah blah.. So i called the other guys insurance company and they even fucking told me that, that is enough information and that generally thats all they would receive from my insurance company even if I had more info. but when talking to her she said she would send it through to them and see what happens so its all good now.. May also be time to switch insurance companies lol

G-ZUS
09-17-2010, 10:48 AM
Can you request a different adjuster? or are you stuck with whoever they give you? My old adjuster transfered to a different department and im not sure if the new one they gave me is just incompetent or beating around the bush

shtock99
09-17-2010, 10:58 AM
Ill let you know I called and left a message for a supervisor so ill wait to hear from him

Masked Bandit
09-17-2010, 11:25 AM
Step 1. Deal with a manager.
Step 2. Quit dealing with a direct writer.
Step 3. Find a broker that would rip this adjuster a new one.
Step 4. ???????
Step 5. Profit!

ALWAYS remember step 5, it's my favourite.

So let me make sure I've got this right, you have the name of the other driver, the name of his insurance company and his policy number? What's missing?

shtock99
09-17-2010, 12:05 PM
I have called a supervisor and left a message waiting to hear from him, i called the broker that I talked to when i reported the accident and she didn't even call me back she just told the adjuster what I said, which was good cause my call was actually returned. I'm gonna call the brpoker i talked to when i set up my insurance and see if he will help me out here.

Originally posted by Masked Bandit
.So let me make sure I've got this right, you have the name of the other driver, the name of his insurance company and his policy number? What's missing?

Yes that is what I have... And I am asking myself the same question

Masked Bandit
09-17-2010, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by shtock99
I have called a supervisor and left a message waiting to hear from him, i called the broker that I talked to when i reported the accident and she didn't even call me back she just told the adjuster what I said, which was good cause my call was actually returned. I'm gonna call the brpoker i talked to when i set up my insurance and see if he will help me out here.

Yes that is what I have... And I am asking myself the same question

If you deal with Millenium then you don't have a broker, you have an agent. A broker works with many different insurance company, you just have Millenium, that's it.

This is all phucked up. There's no way you should be getting hassled like this.

shtock99
09-17-2010, 01:27 PM
Oh, ok. I knew it was fucked up when she said that, still waiting to hear back from the supervisor to see what happens, they also never call anyone back in a reasonable manner which just makes this so much more frustrating. Masked bandit are you in insurance?

ercchry
09-17-2010, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by shtock99
Masked bandit are you in insurance?

in insurance? no.... he IS insurance :D

shtock99
09-17-2010, 02:02 PM
Starting to get somewhere thanks for all the help!

Masked Bandit
09-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Yes I'm in insurance but I want to make it clear to all reading, I'm not here trollin' for business. Insurance is one of those shitty things that we all pretty much have to buy but most people don't really understand it that well. I'm just trying to help people navigate this minefield.

bignerd
09-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Also, once you file a police report and name the person that hit you, the police will contact the other party to come in and file their report and version of events, IRC.