PDA

View Full Version : My New Car!

MDO_Calgary
09-17-2010, 11:28 AM
I just bought a new car last night from Calgary BMW!
Upgrading from a 2002 civic SIR. Can I say Sweet!!

http://listings.boostmotorgroup.com/details_BMW.aspx?InventoryID=704220&DealershipID=494&MediaID=36&isLogo=0

40,000KM 2007 335I Sedan. Full warranty and maintenance coverage until July 2013!
Also winter BMW rims / Tires, 3M Coverage on bumper and mirrors as well as upgraded stereo system + navigation.

I got a killer deal.

dj_rice
09-17-2010, 11:31 AM
That is quite an impressive upgrade, congrats and what are your mod plans for it?

Phenix
09-17-2010, 11:37 AM
Nice car. congrats. way nicer than those girly 1 series:rofl: :rofl:

G-ZUS
09-17-2010, 11:43 AM
sick car.....r u selling civic?

Aleks
09-17-2010, 11:52 AM
Are you sure you get full maintenance until 2013?

benyl
09-17-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
That is quite an impressive upgrade, congrats and what are your mod plans for it?

I wouldn't mod it.

No sport package means not auxiliary oil cooler.

civic_rida
09-17-2010, 06:57 PM
Im also in the market for a 335i but calgary bmw prices are way to high.

J@Tuner
09-17-2010, 07:14 PM
Nice pickup!

Originally posted by benyl

I wouldn't mod it.

No sport package means not auxiliary oil cooler.

Can always add an oil cooler & flash, 60-90hp gain!!

gyu
09-17-2010, 08:19 PM
Nice, congrats :thumbsup: , did you trade in the Civic?

MDO_Calgary
09-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Sure did! I got good money for my civic to actually.
I'm planning on chipping the car in the spring with my buddy, he also has a 335i. As far as other mods I think I'll leave it stock for now. The markets are going down and next fall will be a good time to buy a house.

Ps I have not driven a sedan with the sport package * I'm assuming this model did not come with it * - is there a major difference in the handling?

Either way I love this vehicle, I was blown away with its performance, its handling, and how it sucks up all of the road bumps!! I'm also glad to get an auto, deerfoot every morning and night to work and back will be like a vacation!

I have to say BMW calgary gave me some of the best customer service I have ever received from any retailer, I highly recommend checking them out. I may write up a short article when I'm at a computer and I get a chance.

Thanks for the kind words about my ride guys! I'm very exited to pick her up on tuesday! I deem this my early 23rd birthday present! Even though my birthday is not until December.

benyl
09-17-2010, 10:25 PM
If you are going to flash it, you better install an additional oil cooler. Even the cars with the oil cooler overheat. Without, you will overheat your oil. But you don't have to take my word for it.

Lex350
09-17-2010, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by MDO_Calgary
Sure did! I got good money for my civic to actually.
I'm planning on chipping the car in the spring with my buddy, he also has a 335i. As far as other mods I think I'll leave it stock for now. The markets are going down and next fall will be a good time to buy a house.

Ps I have not driven a sedan with the sport package * I'm assuming this model did not come with it * - is there a major difference in the handling?

Either way I love this vehicle, I was blown away with its performance, its handling, and how it sucks up all of the road bumps!! I'm also glad to get an auto, deerfoot every morning and night to work and back will be like a vacation!

I have to say BMW calgary gave me some of the best customer service I have ever received from any retailer, I highly recommend checking them out. I may write up a short article when I'm at a computer and I get a chance.

Thanks for the kind words about my ride guys! I'm very exited to pick her up on tuesday! I deem this my early 23rd birthday present! Even though my birthday is not until December.

sure they gave you great service now...but it's later on you have to worry about.

Graham_A_M
09-17-2010, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by MDO_Calgary

LOL, ask Rage2 about them. I too have had disastrous results. Them and the BMW Gallery are some of the reasons I sold my Z4. :thumbsdow

Otherwise, sweet car!! One helluva nice upgrade eh?

canadian_hustla
09-17-2010, 10:44 PM
sick car man!!!

ICEBERG
09-17-2010, 11:04 PM
Nice pick up. I haven't been driving mine for the past 2 months now because BMW gallery can't seem to fix this damn car. I don't want to even get into the the LONGGGGG list of problems in 2 1/2 years i had the car. Hope yours will run smooth.

MDO_Calgary
09-17-2010, 11:52 PM
hmm sorry to hear you guys had such horror stories! I'll hope to have some what better luck. I guess time will tell.
Thanks for giving me the heads up on the oil cooler. Do I also upgrade it? Or just add a second one?

civic_rida
09-18-2010, 09:13 AM
Is there a cheaper option than dinan since that one is $2600

AllGoNoShow
09-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Yes, Tunerworks offers the GIAC flash for $1000 installed.

civic_rida
09-18-2010, 10:57 AM
I was talkin about the oil cooler

CapnCrunch
09-18-2010, 11:02 AM
I can't stand the interiors of those. Looks like it's 20 years old.

AllGoNoShow
09-18-2010, 11:01 PM
Sorry, yes they offer oil cooler add on as well, if you have the factory unit they can add a second or if no factory oil cooler they can order a package in for you and get it on there so you won't overheat.

Guillermo
09-18-2010, 11:45 PM
Nice ride man, congrats!

(and I agree with the other posters who said that's quite an upgrade from a civic!)

911fever
09-19-2010, 12:26 AM
Nice ride, congrats! Quality car, feels quick in Calgary too. Hopefully it's reliable and works well for you!